CurlTalk

This is a little embarrassing, but I need your help

cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
OK. I got some Nair a little too close to some sensitive areas and I now have a small "chemical burn." Which cream should I put on there?

It doesn't really itch....it just burns. I went ahead and took a benadryl because I figured this is some kind of reaction. I guess I'll be taking a nice little nap this afternoon.
I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Just found this on another site dealing with a Nair burn. It wasn't dealing with delicate areas though, so proceed with caution!
    do you have access to anything with lidocaine in it? it won't heal anything, but it will help with the burning ouchiness. Bikini zone has lidocaine, if you have that!

ETA
    Google it.....you'll be amazed at some of the stories, and answers :shock:
    We recently tried using Nair, but some was accidentally put on her labia (in an attempt to remove as much hair as possible) and it started to burn her and the labia got swollen... after applying a cold, soaked towel to it, it got better, but I doubt we'll ever try using Nair again.

Adult Warning

There is a proper term for this though....
    Firecrotch

The persistent burning of the genital area after applying hair removal cream (see Veet, Nair) and leaving on for too long.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    I read some of the same stuff....but not the "firecrotch."

I don't have anything with lidocaine. I went with the neosporin. So much for pain relief.......that **** stung.
    cyndi wrote:
    I don't have anything with lidocaine. I went with the neosporin. So much for pain relief.......that &%$@#! stung.

Maybe a cool bath :?:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    I don't have a bathtub. :(
    cyndi wrote:

Sorry hun :(

I was burned with caramel a few weeks ago and the pain was so bad I was nauseous, I can just imagine what this is like. Sorry though, can't think of anything else. Ice water was my savior, but not sure how you might manage that without a bath tub :?
    Audrey Hepburn
  • quickcurlquickcurl Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    Sounds like the cold towel might help. I'd opt for some neosporin and some very loose fitting clothing. :lol:

Hope you feel better!!
    "It's hard to remember a time, when I didn't have you", Richie Sambora
    "Boys are bad and men are stupid", WB's
    "After a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh" Mr. Big
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    cyndi wrote:

Sorry hun :(

I was burned with caramel a few weeks ago and the pain was so bad I was nauseous, I can just imagine what this is like.

Where exactly did you burn yourself with caramel? :shock:

:wink:
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
    babywavy wrote:
    Where exactly did you burn yourself with caramel? :shock:

:wink:

We were warming it up in the microwave and got kinda side tracked. It was in far to long, and when I took it out, the bottle exploded. Luckily it just got my arm and a small spot along my hair line, but the boy wasn't wearing a shirt and wound up a little worse off :o

All healed now, with no scars, but a very painful, and memorable experience :oops:
    Audrey Hepburn
  • sarasarasarasara Posts: 1,561Registered Users
    I always used Nair in the "sensetive areas" :?

Should I count my blessings I haven't got burnt (till now...)

What should I use instead of Nair then. I don't want to wax every 2 weeks. :o And I can't stand hair other than the one on top of my head. Oh ya +my eyelashes and eyebrows...
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    sarasara wrote:
    I always used Nair in the "sensetive areas" :?

Should I count my blessings I haven't got burnt (till now...)

What should I use instead of Nair then. I don't want to wax every 2 weeks. :o And I can't stand hair other than the one on top of my head. Oh ya +my eyelashes and eyebrows...

I shave it. I'm Italian, my hair grows in way too thick and coarse to use Nair. There should be a disclaimer on any of those dipilatories that it only works on fine hair Swedish types. :lol:
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • briccagrlbriccagrl Posts: 540Registered Users
    I would use cortisone....that should help with any inflammation. If you have any open sores I would keep them moist with Vaseline...you dont want them to scab over.
    .png
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    I hope this isn't too personal, but you might want to wear cotton for a while...
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    When I got large, severe Nair burns, I put something called clortrimazole on it, over and over, and the burns disappeared fairly quickly...it was a miracle. It is supposed to be for foot fungus, but my pharmacist recommended it for other rashes, too...even excema-type rashes. You can find it right in CVS.

I don't know if you can get this on the inside of your body, though.
    ;)
  • lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    This may not be very practical, but you could call your gyno and have her call in a prescription for some hydrocortisone ointment. I have 2.5% hydrocortisone ointment and it works wonders! This is sort of embarassing, but I got REALLY irritated down there last winter and nothing would make it better... vagisil, etc. to the point where I was going to class in sweatpants with no undies! :oops: The hydrocortisone cleared it up within a week and I still use it at any sign of irritation.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls