CurlTalk

Word of the Day

shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
Today's word: asshat
A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey

Comments

• RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    Te he he! :lol:
    DPTFm5.png
  • battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    Crap, it's 11 PM here. Who am I going to use this on before the day is out?

Wait, DH is in the living room... :twisted:
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users
    Can we get another new word now that it's after midnight? I have a suggestion. :D

Asshat is an excellent word, BTW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    spring1onu wrote:
    Can we get another new word now that it's after midnight? I have a suggestion. :D

Asshat is an excellent word, BTW.

Ooh, do tell!
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
    I suggest "askew". I use it all the time in so many different situations. It's my favorite word lately. Not as snazzy as asshat, but very useful. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    I like askew. It's quite fun to say.
    DPTFm5.png
  • juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    oooh I have the perfect person to use "asshat" on! Ha ha ha :twisted: - can't wait!
    Kim
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    "Asshat" is so good it should be the word of the week!!

:lol:
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Yes, asshat has been appropriate the past few days... :evil:
    Well, anything w/ the word 'ass' in it...

0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

"Hey buddy, I think your asshat is a little askew."

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Next word: Skalliwag- (not sure of the spelling)

As in "Hey you little Skalliwag! Get out of my cookies!"

• BookishCurlyBookishCurly Posts: 75Registered Users
    scalawag- 1. a scamp; rascal. 2. A native white southerner who collaborated with the occupying forces during Reconstruction, often for personal gain. Also, scallywag; especially British, scallawag.

Good word. Didn't know, before looking this word up, that it was a chiefly British slang word for scoundrel; scamp; rascal, etc. :)
    "A thing of beauty is a joy forever: It's loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; but will still keep a bower quiet for us, and a sleep full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing."... John Keats. (Endymion, Book I, 1-5)
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Todays word/term: pancake ass

• EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    Courtesy of Internetchick!
    As in "I hate the way Lee jeans give me a pancake ass."

:lol:
    DPTFm5.png
    Okay, this is a deviation from the "ass" motif, but I nominate the word HAM.

Ham is like spam, only instead of an ad for wh0res, it's a totally senseless message posted by a wh0re
    Eilonwy wrote:

Ham is like spam, only instead of an ad for wh0res, it's a totally senseless message posted by a wh0re

:shock:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• CGECGE Posts: 1,911Registered Users
    spring1onu wrote:
    Eilonwy wrote:

:shock:

I'd like to double that. :shock: :shock:
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Eilonwy wrote:

After reading around today, I was thinking of $hit-stirrer, and in sort of fits the "ass" theme. Some body region anyway.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    Am I missing something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    spring1onu wrote:
    Am I missing something?

Just more arguing than normal.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    Ok...because I started the "ham" comment on a thread so I feel like I'm being called a whore? Or really, really missing something around here... :?:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring1onu wrote:
    Ok...because I started the "ham" comment on a thread so I feel like I'm being called a whore? Or really, really missing something around here... :?:

I thought that was said because the thread with the "I like ham" was asking "are you an attention wh0re?" Maybe? I'm confused as well.
    DPTFm5.png
    I guess since there are no " :lol: or :wink: " with the comment it looks serious to me? Hopefully, I'm way off. :D I made the comment in the post whore thread as a joke, but figured that was obvious so there were no " :lol: or :wink: " accompanied with it.

Just thought I'd add, I'm confused too! lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,818Registered Users
    Well spring I like ham too and I wouldn't eat a wh0re so if that helps you any? Pass the taters...
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
    GuardianB wrote:
    Well spring I like ham too and I wouldn't eat a wh0re so if that helps you any? Pass the taters...

That's "pertaters"!

And although I appreciate the help, I am still confruzled. :? :lol:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring1onu wrote:

That's what I meant. Aside from the part about calling you a whore :)

Maybe that thread wasn't popular enough for a Word of the Day...
    I'm still confused... ya think I'm a whore? :?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    I think she means that since it was on the "post whore" thread, and she was jokingly calling you a "post whore." Because the "I like ham" thing was totally random, which is one of the criteria mentioned for upping your post count.

Hopefully that made sense. I don't think Eilonwy was actually calling you a whore, that would be mean.
    spring1onu wrote:
    I'm still confused... ya think I'm a whore? :?

In the thread about post whores, there was a bit of a running joke about making ham-related posts. That's all I meant. I wasn't going Jerry Springer on you :) Sorry that I wasn't clear enough about that.

I guess my sorry attempt at a word of the day just didn't have the appeal of "pancake ass."