CurlTalk

Hey, porosity?

Hi.

Im still kinda new. Im not sure what people on here mean by porosity of their hair. What does it really mean and how can I figure this out? Also, what do I do with the info once I have it (meaning, what does it mean as far as looking for products and care).

Thanks in advance :laughing5:
3b/3c. S curls with coils at the end. Normol porosity. Medium texture, super elastic... Barely SL, hoping to go BSL.

Water wash
RO: Garnier Triple Nutrition.
Leave in: Suave naturals coconut
Styling products: Biotera curling cream with a few drops of honey.
DT: I'm experimenting.

I <3 satin XD

Comments

• kayesbekayesbe Posts: 52Registered Users
    Try reading this about porosity.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flivecurlylivefree.blogspot.com%2F2009%2F01%2Fhair-porosity.html" class="Popup

The best way to get recommendations of products is to know your porosity, density, elasticity, etc and find someone with the same features, otherwise trying products is a bit hit or miss. It just gives you a better idea of what to try or not.
    HTH :)
  • WavyJanetWavyJanet Posts: 105Registered Users
    I'm new, too. Here is some information about porosity from Tiffany's site:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.livecurlylivefree.com%2Fcurly%2520hair%2520basics.htm" class="Popup

She describes running your finger along the hair strand to check porosity. I think there's another test to see how your hair floats, but I don't know the details of that one.

I think with low porosity, you need more deep treatments than with normal or low porosity.

There's a lot of smart people on here who can probably tell you more.
    Hair type: normal texture, thick, wavy, low porosity, normal elasticity
  • pearl89pearl89 Posts: 185Registered Users
    Thank you!
    3b/3c. S curls with coils at the end. Normol porosity. Medium texture, super elastic... Barely SL, hoping to go BSL.

Water wash
    RO: Garnier Triple Nutrition.
    Leave in: Suave naturals coconut
    Styling products: Biotera curling cream with a few drops of honey.
    DT: I'm experimenting.

I <3 satin XD