Lancome Mineral makeup

RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Anyone tried it? What do you think? I have been looking at that one and Urban Decay at Sephora. Just curious. I have previously tried Meow (too dry for me), Everyday Minerals and Aromaleigh.
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

• EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm interested in trying it, but not on my face.
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was like what? What do you mean not on your face. LOL! :laughing8: I didn't mean that one. Actually that one didn't get real good reviews. I meant this one.

http://www.lancome-usa.com/makeup/foundations/ageless-minerale.htm
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Actually that one didn't get real good reviews.
    They're probably not using it the right way :wink:
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    Actually that one didn't get real good reviews.
    They're probably not using it the right way :wink:

LMAO! :laughing2:

After looking into it further, I see that the Lancome I was looking at has bismuth in it and that's a no no for me. Makes me itch. So I am going to try the new Bare Escentuals Matte because it has no bismuth. And the lady at Sephora told me that they will have a house brand coming this summer with no bismuth and at a cheaper price point than Bare Escentuals. That's exciting because I love most all of the Sephora house brand.
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    are any of the sephora house brands pressed instead of loose?
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    They do have a mineral pressed powder foundation

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P204333&categoryId=C17348&shouldPaginate=true
    Mica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate , Silica , Phenoxyethanol , Sodium Dehydroacetate , (+/-) : Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides)

I don't know if there will be a new one of those when the none bismuth loose powder comes out this summer
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I searched the other day and found that powder. What turned me off was the ethylhexyl palmitate. It's a 4/5 on the comedogenic list. I really like the pur I've been using so I'll probably just stick to that. I was trying to get away from the bismuth, but honestly, it doesn't seem to affect me at all in their formulation.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    I just try to avoid bismuth because it is in Bare Minerals and it made me itch like all get out and it took me several days to get it calmed down. Nasty stuff. But I would lay odds that it has been in makeup I have used before and I didn't know it and didn't itch. It was just the Bare Minerals that was bad.

The non-bismuth Bare Minerals doesn't cover as well and I broke out from it. Super frustrating. I have a sample of liquid mineral from Illuminare coming. We'll see how that does.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file