We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

3a Pixie Cut?

tbranam4128tbranam4128 Posts: 11Registered Users
Hi Guys. I have 3a hair and am dying to chop it off. I really want a pixie cut specifically Halle Berry's. Pic below. Has anyone with 3a hair chopped it to a pixie before? If so could you give advice or show me pics. I'm afraid to take the leap....THANKS!

Comments

• crystal tipscrystal tips Posts: 240Registered Users
    Hi Guys. I have 3a hair and am dying to chop it off. I really want a pixie cut specifically Halle Berry's. Pic below. Has anyone with 3a hair chopped it to a pixie before? If so could you give advice or show me pics. I'm afraid to take the leap....THANKS!

Yes, I have had my hair like this several times! Unfortunately, have no digital pics (would need to scan them to post up). Basically, I had to have it 'chopped into' a huge amount to 'destroy' the curl (my hair curls from the root). The downside, it needs cutting every 4 weeks and takes an age to grow out. The plus side, I could do my hair it 10 mins flat - just wash, wax (to funk it up) and go! :happy8:
    UK - 3a/b med/coarse - mix normal/ high porosity.
    Currently in my rotation:
    Cleanser/Cowash: CJDF,
    Tresemme Naturals, DGJ Hairjuice clarifying, Urtekram Lavender
    Conditioners/DT's: CJH&BDF, CJCR, DBPSC, AOWC, Y2C
    Protein: AOGPB, Joico Reconstruct Condish (regular not PT)
    Leave Ins/Curl Creams: CJCCCC, CJ Smoothing, KeraCare/JCAC
    Gel: FSG, BRHG, Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, L'Oreal Studio Mineral Control Invisi'Gel
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2F41240927%40N03%2F" class="Popup
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    meandshawn.jpg

before

371.jpg

before

l_9523bd2bd3f94a0299941d83b6a577e6.jpg

after

23701_1372952636692_1018054766_1115.jpg

after

24151_1367614423240_1018054766_1101.jpg

after
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tbranam4128tbranam4128 Posts: 11Registered Users
    thank you iroc!! i love your hair by the way and mine isn't quite that curly right now so i should be fine with a pixie. did you do any special styling to it when it was in a pixie? thanks again!!!
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    thank you iroc!! i love your hair by the way and mine isn't quite that curly right now so i should be fine with a pixie. did you do any special styling to it when it was in a pixie? thanks again!!!

Thank you. :D

My curly hair, if it is long and dries naturally, is probably not going to be as curly as you see in the pictures. I spent many years obsessing and perfecting the way to keep it looking good curly!

In the shorter pics, I do nothing to it. Nothing. I didn't even use conditioner until I started coloring again. I'd shampoo every other day, get out of the shower and ruffle/shake it out with my hands, and that's it. When it was dry (which takes no time) I would run some pomade or paste in the same ruffle/shaking manner as when I got out of the shower. So the product is more on the underside and closer to the roots.

It's so easy. It's amazing how much I don't have to do to it. And as scared as I was to take the jump, it was apparently the right one to take. I get tons of compliments on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    In the 80s I had my hair even shorter than iroc's for a while -- not really a pixie, more of a Pat Benetar look. It was almost straight. I used to just spritz on a little spray gel and let it air dry. It was so easy -- but it wouldn't look good on me these days.
  • MigititusMigititus Posts: 2Registered Users
    Ok, so I really wanna sleep, but I can't figure out how to post stuff...anyway. Ill fix it tomorrow. Can anyone tall m if the following photos would look good on 3a? I want a pixie.... Anyway. I want one that I can flat iron, or leave curly, and it's kind of longer at the top so If I wanted to Mohawk it or spike or it would look good... HELP! Also, if you reply to this, can you post a picture of what you are talking about in case I like it? Thanks! I kind of want a combo of the first pica and the Mohawk with the pink in it, but I don't want to pink my hair, just the style...:)

/home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dcurly%2Bpixie%2Bmohawk%26amp%3Boe%3DUTF-8%26amp%3Bhl%3Den%26amp%3Bclient%3Dsafari%26amp%3Bum%3D1%26amp%3Bie%3DUTF-8%26amp%3Btbm%3Disch%26amp%3Bsource%3Dog%26amp%3Bsa%3DN%26amp%3Btab%3Dwi%26amp%3Bei%3DjPmJUaXAGITMyQGJ34FY%26amp%3Bbiw%3D1024%26amp%3Bbih%3D672%26amp%3Bsei%3D5_mJUdG7IOTuyAGW3oC4Aw%23biv%3Di%257C36%253Bd%257CcxwBGDQKpOvj5M%253A" class="Popup

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=35177&stc=1&d=1367996851.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=35177&stc=1&d=1367997043
  • want2bcurlywant2bcurly Posts: 97Registered Users
    hi. i have had a pixie for a couple of years, ive been trying to grow for a couple years too:)
    pros-.very easy, no fuss, tons of compliments. cons.-i had to wear full makeup everyday, dress up to feel like a girl, and i had to cut it every 3 weeks.and if u decide to grow it out, it is very frustrating.
    i have 3a curl too so the curl shouldnt be a problem, u might have a wave or two, but thats it.
    good luck.
  • SalsaloveSalsalove Posts: 6Registered Users
    Can you post a picture if your hair? I have 3a hair too and am considering pixie.
    Salsalove
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If you check out thecurlystace on YouTube she has 3A hair and has some pretty short and unique hairstyles. Not quite a pixie, but it might give you an idea of how one may look
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Here's mine. It was a major PITA and highly awkward to grow out. I agree with finding it hard to feel like a girl.

Excuse the face, I was concentrating reeeaal hard.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights