CurlTalk

Anyone still using FOTE as their HG?

My hair loved FOTE mixed in with a little bit of a harder gel, but then I found FSG, and I love that too. Is anyone still just using FOTE as their HG?
3a/3b & fine
CG since 3/2010
Low sulphate shampoo once a week:
Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo

Rinse Out Conditioner - used only when needed - Elucence Moisture Benefits, & KCKT

Leave-in - used only when needed - KCKT

Co-wash- Elucence Moisture Benefits Conditioner (about 1-2 a week).

Stylers: KCKT, Eco-Styler Gel, AG:Recoil, FSG.

Styling: Raking and smoothing product throughout hair and then the Super Soaker Method without the Denman.

Comments

• generositytgenerosityt Posts: 245Registered Users
    Yes me. It feels like my hair cannot survive anymore without FOTE. I use it in the lotion I make myself. I used to use it as a gel when I was living in North Texas where it's very dry. Now I live in Austin, it's very humid so I have been using LA Looks all the time but still use FOTE underneath.
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    In love with my curls, love love love
    CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
    Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
    Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
    Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls
  • greekgoddessgreekgoddess Posts: 459Registered Users
    generosityt- This is what I started off using, after visiting the boards, after 10 some years. I really loved the FOTE, but then read about FSG. And, even with the FSG, I make sure and put a decent amount of the FOTE in it. I too, would use the FOTE, and then layer it with a stronger gel. Then, I would use a Denman brush (a la super soaker method), and voila, beautiful ringlets of curls, and I seem to remember getting lots of volume too. Probably because the aloe is so natural.

Thanks!
    3a/3b & fine
    CG since 3/2010
    Low sulphate shampoo once a week:
    Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo

Rinse Out Conditioner - used only when needed - Elucence Moisture Benefits, & KCKT

Leave-in - used only when needed - KCKT

Co-wash- Elucence Moisture Benefits Conditioner (about 1-2 a week).

Stylers: KCKT, Eco-Styler Gel, AG:Recoil, FSG.

Styling: Raking and smoothing product throughout hair and then the Super Soaker Method without the Denman.