One Side Longer Than the Other?

Naptural9jaNaptural9ja Posts: 183Registered Users
The right side of my head is notably longer than the left. Any suggestions to promote growth on the shorter side...or to camouflage the difference in twist outs and other hair styles?

Comments

• curls 2nvcurls 2nv Posts: 318Registered Users
    i accidentally cut one side of my hair noticably shorter and no matter what i tried, it just would not grow back fast enough. keep in mind that i wasnt very consistant but i did scalp massages and put MN and oil on my scalp. i just found it easier to do slight trims every once in a while to even it up
    CG Curly
    Why does the pj monster haunt me so?:twisted:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing my bf's hair from cbl to apl
  • pearl89pearl89 Posts: 185Registered Users
    Yeah for some reason one side of my hair tends to shrink more than the other when its drying, all I could do was trim it myself when it was dry.
    3b/3c. S curls with coils at the end. Normol porosity. Medium texture, super elastic... Barely SL, hoping to go BSL.

Water wash
    RO: Garnier Triple Nutrition.
    Leave in: Suave naturals coconut
    Styling products: Biotera curling cream with a few drops of honey.
    DT: I'm experimenting.

I <3 satin XD
  • JordaniaBabeJordaniaBabe Posts: 22Registered Users
    I have the same exact problem... But just in one tiny spot usually. I'll have a chunk of hair that's just slightly longer than the rest of it.
  • jeweldjeweld Posts: 140Registered Users
    I had this exact same problem Naptural, I used megatek on the shorter side to even it out. It worked but it also made it noticeably thicker so I when I wore my hair out one side was full of volume and thickness and the other flatter. Eventually the extra thickness faded once I stopped using it but good news: the length stayed. So if you want to even your hair out I'd recommend megatek
    Poo: Giovanni TTT
    CoWash/Detangler: Any Suave on top of VO5, Yes to Cucumbers
    DT: Aubrey Organics White Camellia, Amla/ Coconut milk, Castor oil
    Styling Products: Yes to Cucumbers, EcoStyler, Longaid Curl Activator,
    Daily Moisture: Hibiscus tea+Aubrey Organics White Camellia Spritz, Yes to Cucumbers, Homemade Whipped Avocado+ Green Tea Creme
    Seal w/ Dabur Vatika Oil, Castor oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file