CurlTalk

ACV Rinse...help?

Hello :)

I'm rather new, and just confused on how often most people do an ACV rinse.. I've been CG for a little over a week now and LOVE it so far! Anyways, I've read different things in different places and was just wondering how often you do an ACV rinse.. thanks guys :)
Poo: Deva NoPoo
Co-Wash: Suave Naturals
Rinse Out/Leave in: Deva One Condition
Products: Deva ArcAngell & Deva Mister Right

2b/c, overly porous, med/course hair :)

Comments

• wowohwowwowohwow Posts: 445Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    3a/C/iii; mod-CG since 07/14/08 :love2:
    Shampoo: Whole Foods 365 Citrus Grapefruit shampoo (same results as Deva Low Poo but a tenth of the price!)
    Condish: Deva One Condition
    Styling: Deva AnGel, then SOTC with no Frizz creme
    Hairtwins! Ab-star, Ledzeppole, Shellynot, soficurls and tarc817

• 85MR285MR2 Posts: 226Registered Users
    I do some sort of acidic treatment about once every week. Sometimes an ACV rinse, sometimes lemon juice in the conditioner. I think I can get away with it more frequently because my hair is high porosity.
    CG since 2/23/10!

2B 3A mix, fine texture and high porosity at crown/bangs, normal elsewhere. I like protein!

Trying to grow out a short haircut.

WASH: Jessicurl Cleansing Cream (once every week or so)
    CONDITION: Jessicurl Too Shea! or Aloeba Conditioner
    STYLE: Jessicurl Gelebration Spray/Awe Inspiraling Spray

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2F85MR2%2F" class="Popup (PICS OF CG TRANSITION SO FAR) Need to update. No pics with the Jessicurl products yet, but I LOVE them!
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    wowohwow wrote: »

Wow, how did I miss this? Yer link is awesome. Dont have the time to read it all now, but plan to print it out and use it as a reference for when people i know ask for advise. Excellent! How much time did you spend on that??
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • generositytgenerosityt Posts: 245Registered Users
    I do ACV rinse almost everytime I wash my hair. Except when I'm really in a hurry. It makes such a difference.
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    In love with my curls, love love love
    CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
    Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
    Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
    Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls
    I do ACV rinse almost everytime I wash my hair. Except when I'm really in a hurry. It makes such a difference.

How often do you wash your hair? Cowash or shampoo?
    CG since 2/23/10!

2B 3A mix, fine texture and high porosity at crown/bangs, normal elsewhere. I like protein!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2F85MR2%2F" class="Popup (PICS OF CG TRANSITION SO FAR) Need to update. No pics with the Jessicurl products yet, but I LOVE them!
  • generositytgenerosityt Posts: 245Registered Users
    Every other day except once a week, I let it relax for 2 days and just put it in a bun. So it's about 3 times a week. I cowash, then follow with ACV rinse then condition.
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    In love with my curls, love love love
    CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
    Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
    Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
    Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls
  • wowohwowwowohwow Posts: 445Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    rudeechick wrote: »
    Wow, how did I miss this? Yer link is awesome. Don't have the time to read it all now, but plan to print it out and use it as a reference for when people i know ask for advise. Excellent! How much time did you spend on that??

Thanks a bunch! :D Didn't take toooo long, just a couple of hours. I was writing out my steps when I tried CG again and was like dangit, I forgot what all this means! I had a paper due the next day, so my lack of desire to write it contributed to the process ;)
    3a/C/iii; mod-CG since 07/14/08 :love2:
    Shampoo: Whole Foods 365 Citrus Grapefruit shampoo (same results as Deva Low Poo but a tenth of the price!)
    Condish: Deva One Condition
    Styling: Deva AnGel, then SOTC with no Frizz creme
    Hairtwins! Ab-star, Ledzeppole, Shellynot, soficurls and tarc817

• crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    I have fine/normal hair, normal porosity and medium density.
    I do an ACV rinse once a week after using a shampoo bar.
    I find it can be drying. If I don't use a richer conditioner after the rinse, my hair is like straw.
    I need to experiment with using a drop in my conditioner to balance.

Just fyi, your hair will rebel. It's normal. My first 2 weeks of CG was great. Then I struggled with my hair... now it's good.
  • h420h420 Posts: 5Registered Users
    thanks guys !

and yeah, my hair is starting to get a little wacky looking right now.. hopefully it'll get as beautiful as all yours soon!

I've heard it can take up to six weeks to adjust. Stick with it! Good luck and post pics. :D
    CG since 2/23/10!

• h420h420 Posts: 5Registered Users
    85MR2 wrote: »
    I've heard it can take up to six weeks to adjust. Stick with it! Good luck and post pics. :D

oh jeeze i really hope it doesn't take that long.. i'm so impatient!