CurlTalk

In honor of Thanksgiving coming up soon in the US, a poll!

internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
Do you like your stuffing cooked inside or outside the bird. I prefer inside.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    with the bird flu epidemic on the horizon, stuffing on the inside has become a serious health issue.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    My husband would prefer inside, but I prefer dry stuffing, so he never gets it the way he likes it. When he makes the turkey, he can make the wet stuffing.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    zmanzzzz wrote:
    with the bird flu epidemic on the horizon, stuffing on the inside has become a serious health issue.

If a turkey even gets bird flu it won't kill you
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    Poodlehead wrote:
    My husband would prefer inside, but I prefer dry stuffing, so he never gets it the way he likes it. When he makes the turkey, he can make the wet stuffing.

Me too! I hate soggy stuffing.
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    We don't do stuffing, this is Louisiana! We do cornbread dressing (it's amazing, btw, even if it sounds kinda...eh). I could not eat anything cooked inside a dead something else. That's just wrong (so no TurDuckIn for me, although really in that case it's about not eating anything that has "turd" right in the name).
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    *doh* :lol: I voted inside then realized it's outside. My mom usually cooked the stuffing the night before, let it cool in the fridge then put it in the bird while it was cold so it wouldn't spoil the bird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
    My husband makes Cornbread Dressing and it's so yummy. I hate stuffing.
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    My family always cooked it on the inside. My only requirement is that it is not cooked with giblets. UGH. My mom's boyfriend loooooves his stuffing with giblets.
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    My family always cooked it on the inside. My only requirement is that it is not cooked with giblets. UGH. My mom's boyfriend loooooves his stuffing with giblets.

No worries here, we use the giblets to make the gravy! :D (The gravy goesn't actually have giblets in it..... they and the other scraps just provide the flavoring.)
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    How can you hate stuffing? How can you hate anything served at Thanksgiving!

We're totally freaking out about Thanksgiving this year b/c we close on our house the day before, so chances are we're going to be moving on Thanksgiving.

Since our new house is going to have all new appliances, I think after we get moved in we'll have to plan to make a little Thanksgiving dinner at home.

Oh, and I like my stuffing cooked inside the bird. And I love potatoes, and squash, and green bean cassarole, although I only eat the white meat of the turkey, and I pour gravy over everything.............MMMMMM I am so jonesin' for some Thanksgiving dinner.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    I only like the white meat too. Same with chicken. I find the dark meat to be too greasy for my tastes. And ditto with the gravy :lol:
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    My DH is from the Gulf Coast so we have Craqwfish Corn Dressing each Thanksgiving done outside the bird.
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    My BF cooks the turkey on the grill rotisserie, so it has to be outside, but it comes out too dry for my taste. So I vote inside. I bet it's possible to make stuffing cooked outside less dry, though, but it's his job to make it.

Cornbread dressing folks, may we have a recipe? I am open to try something new.
  • msrebamsreba Posts: 143Registered Users
    stupid question.. but isnt dressing the same stuff as stuffing? if it isnt.. whats the difference? I always thought it was just a different name for the same stuff.
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    mrsreba wrote:
    stupid question.. but isnt dressing the same stuff as stuffing? if it isnt.. whats the difference? I always thought it was just a different name for the same stuff.

I think it's the same thing, different name.

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,771Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Two batches of Sausage Stuffing! One has real sausage and goes into the bird, the other has veggie sausage and gets cooked in the crockpot!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    I know you guys will all laugh at me, but I won't eat stuffing from inside the bird. It looks like it's coming from the turkey's butt, and it totally grosses me out. I realize that's completely illogical since I'm eating the bird anyway, but I can't help the "Eww" factor.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    I stuff inside, and make a seperate dish on the outside.
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fhmiklos" class="Popup
  • LiliasWapitiLiliasWapiti Posts: 90Registered Users
    I make homemade stuffing every year. In a crockpot. I just don't like the thought of it cooked inside. :(

I also get skeeved out if I have to touch meat. I won't eat it if I am the one that has to clean it. Thank goodness my husband is a good sport about that or I would be well on my way to becoming a vegetarian. :wink:
    Remember your ancestors and celebrate their wisdom.

Teach me surrender to the clear call of freedom in laughter's gift and show me the joy in curious questioning.

Ask not what I am, but, who I am.

~Lilias
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    This poll needs an "eeeew, stuffing stinks!" option!

Someone made an oyster dressing in college which I liked, but normally I dislike stuffing.

When I'm maknig the turkey, it's outside because I get a friend to help and do boneless turkey. Cooks faster, doesn't dry out the white meat, fits in a smaller pan so I can have 4 pans in the oven at once....all around, good deal!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • x_tigerlilyx_tigerlily Posts: 432Registered Users
    My mom always cooked hers outside of the turkey. Whenever I would go to my grandfather's, they would always cook it inside the turkey and it was always soggy and greasier.
    3C/4A and too long to handle (and afford!)
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    Both ways!

My mother usually stuffs the turkey and makes extra stuffing as well.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
    My mom always cooked hers outside of the turkey. Whenever I would go to my grandfather's, they would always cook it inside the turkey and it was always soggy and greasier.

Mmmmm, that's the way it's supposed to be!

• SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    That's why I like my stuffing inside, it's more moist.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,235Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Inside, but I always make enough for an extra pan outside. Love stuffing. And I love giblets fried up with some garlic. I am so hungry.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html