CurlTalk

New Shea Moisture Products @ Target

Has anyone tried these? I saw the thread on the 4a forum but I'm wondering if these would work for less course, less thick, etc. curls. Thanks

Comments

• moderndaychihiromoderndaychihiro Posts: 12Registered Users
    I have 3C/4A hair, and I tried the Restorative Masque/Smoothie. It was wonderful! It's not super thick, but it's creamy. I washed my hair, put the smoothie in and left it overnight...when I washed it out the next morning, my hair was super soft and it smelled great. I wash my hair basically every day, and my hair still smelled like the product for the next two days...lol.

I'm glad Target started carrying these...I think I might try the shampoo and conditioner too.
  • TiaSimoneTiaSimone Posts: 58Registered Users
    I just picked up the conditioner today. It was the only one left! I can't wait to try it tomorrow.
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    Thanks ladies! Tia let me know how you like it.
  • Chelley MaeChelley Mae Posts: 359Registered Users
    I tried the Curl Enhancing Cream and although I did keep a lot of volume, other than that, nothing else good happened. It is now the end of the day and my curl has turned into a poofy producty mess, no definition and no real curl enhancement. It will be on the swap board, I don't need to try it again.
    2b/3A/ Fine/Med Porosity (i think)
    Mod CG
    Currently Using:
    Cleanser: Kathymack soap bars, Giovannie TTTT
    Rinse Out: CJ Curl Theory, Aussie 3 Min Miracle, Giovanni 50:50, Jasmine's Shea, Sevi Pumpkin Seed
    Leave Ins: Jasmines Babasu Buttercream, CJ CALI (HG), Jasmines Shea, CJ BCLI
    Stylers: CJ CCCC-Lite, Komaza CHP, SS CEJ, CJ SG
    Gels: CJ AF (HG), HEBE (HG)

• TiaSimoneTiaSimone Posts: 58Registered Users
    I have had good luck with the conditioner so far today. Curls are soft but not droopy at all. Not sure how I feel about the scent, but it isn't such a turn off that I will stop using the product. The consistency is somewhat thick--which is what I find works best for my dry, 3c curls. So far, I am quite happy.
  • KaijahKaijah Posts: 69Registered Users
    I have the Moisture Retention shampoo (the yellow/gold labeled one) and it roooocks. Really gentle, and it gets my scalp clean without making my hair angry. It has a lot of slippiness to it, which is kind of odd in a shampoo, but I like it because it's really really easy to spread around. I can't decide if I want to try the conditioner or mask first, I'm wondering if they'll be better as cowashes or "real" conditioners...

The scent is interesting - there's a floral note, but also a really sweet note (almost cocoa butter, even though it has shea), with a bit of spice, like cinnamon or nutmeg. I like it, but I'd sniff it in the store if you don't like strong-ish scents.
    2C-3Aish/mostly M/ii-iii, med-high porosity, normal elasticity, hip length
    Protein sensitive, likes heavy moisture and oils, mostly CO with occasional CWC
    Low Poo: SheaMoisture Moisture Retention
    Washing Conditioner: Trader Joe's Refresh, Tresemme Nourishing Moisture, V05
    Length Conditioners: GF Triple Nutrition, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Walgreen's BioInfusion Balm
    Leave Ins: AO Honeysuckle Rose, raw shea, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, sometimes aloe gel or KCNT