CurlTalk

KCCC quick question...

Hey ladies, Has anyone noticed a slight difference between two containers in the color of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]? I have a half used container, and I purchased another one, and when I got it, it's a slightly different color than the one I already have. Is this normal? :help:
How's My Hair?
Review: L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner
Review: Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo & Pampering Conditioner + 35% off at YTC.com

3a-b, fine & medium texture, medium-high porosity from years of damaging. I'm addicted to changing my hair color.
Cleansing: No-Poo, Elucence MBS, YTC Poo,
Conditioner: One Condition, JC Too Shea!, YTC Condish, Elucence MBC, Joico Daily, KCKT
Styling: KCCC, LALPS, BRHG, Biotera Gel
SMB Photography

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Hey ladies, Has anyone noticed a slight difference between two containers in the color of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]? I have a half used container, and I purchased another one, and when I got it, it's a slightly different color than the one I already have. Is this normal? :help:

Did you check the expiration dates on both jars and compare the ingredient listing?
  • smasters467smasters467 Posts: 527Registered Users
    Unfortunately [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] doesn't have an expiration date on the jar, as far as I know. I don't think that the ingredients in it have changed since it came out several years ago.
    How's My Hair?
    Review: Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo & Pampering Conditioner + 35% off at YTC.com

3a-b, fine & medium texture, medium-high porosity from years of damaging. I'm addicted to changing my hair color.
    Conditioner: One Condition, JC Too Shea!, YTC Condish, Elucence MBC, Joico Daily, KCKT
    SMB Photography
  • oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    It makes sense - [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] is pretty much all natural, and most 'all-natural' products have some variation in colour and consistency depending on the exact ingredients used (eg, each agave plant they get the agave nectar from may have a slightly different colour - which is perfectly normal - and in turn that changes the colour of the end product).
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Mine has always been an opaque sort of clear, but agave based products can have a tendency to have a bit of a tannish or light brown look. Raw agavge nectar is quite dark, so if one batch of agave is treated differently, it could affect a batch of product.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • AimWardAimWard Posts: 192Registered Users
    This has happened to me in the past. I had one jar that I purchased from a BSS in Oakland, and it was the normal, opaque, off white. I purchased another jar while I was in LA from Wilshire Beauty and it was more white than off white. It still performed the same and I haven't noticed any difference in colors in any other jars that I have purchased.
    I like my gels light, my oils heavy, my conditioners thick, and my curls long...
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
  • smasters467smasters467 Posts: 527Registered Users
    Thanks for the replies ladies!
    How's My Hair?

SMB Photography