CurlTalk

My hair is a mess

I'm not sure what to do with it.

My ends are splitting so I need to get it cut but I haven't been to a professional stylist in years and I'm terrified of letting someone other than myself touch my hair. But I don't know what else to do.

It has stopped curling. I have this frizzy kinky mess of hair which I'm pretty sure is overconditioned, but when I don't condition it goes all :afro:

I'm currently using, in rotation freedman's, aussie, and herbal essences shampoos and conditioners- all of which have worked very well for me in the past. I don't shampoo every night.

So far as products, I've been using whatever I can find about. Admittedly not the best idea, but I can't get AVG here yet. This included Garnier spray gel, herbal essences hairspray, etc.

I've been pineappling to get some kind of curl, but a guy friend told me yesterday that my hair looks dry (he then touched it and said it didnt feel dry but it looks a mess) and that it makes me look permenantly frazzled. A guy friend.

Help! =[[

Comments

• curls 2nvcurls 2nv Posts: 318Registered Users
    if your hair is frizzy and not holding a curl, but not dry either, then you maybe are overconditioned. try doing a protein treatment and seeing if that helps because just not using conditioner is not going to fix that problem.
    CG Curly
    Why does the pj monster haunt me so?:twisted:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing my bf's hair from cbl to apl
  • oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    Need some protein, perhaps? My curls often go limp when I need protein.

Also, which products in particular from those lines are you using?
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study: