Ringlets

Bellas mommaBellas momma Posts: 1Registered Users
My daughter has ringlets, and I have no idea how to take care of them. She will turn 2 next week. I have just started not washing everyday, and I still use baby shampoo. I am thinking of using Karen's Body Beautiful leave-in conditioner for babies. Is that okay? My daughter's hair isn't really thick. I need help with EVERYTHING. Recommendations please: Shampoo, Conditioner, Leave-in conditioner, and whatever else works for you. I don't want to ruin her curls. I love them. Thanks so much!

Comments

• rdgjd2002rdgjd2002 Posts: 22Registered Users
    Ringlets come in all sizes and textures. Do you have an idea of what curl type your daughter is? 1a through 4b? That would help to determine what to suggest.
  • famus_darlingfamus_darling Posts: 85Registered Users
    My first reccomendation without knowing anymore would be to look at the ingrediants in your products and not use anything that has alcohol in it. That is a easy mistake to make, but it will rob your little girls hair of it's moisture.
    Me: 3c, very thick
    BC- May 2010
    Current routine:
    pre poo: avacado, banana babyfood, grapeseed oil, and silk amino acid. Cleanser: DC No Poo 1x a week and BC 1x a week. DT: GVP Cond balm and grape seed oil
    Co-wash: GVP CD, TJ tea tree
    Leave-in: GVP CD, TJ tea tree, and grape seed oil
    Styling: HETT and castor oil
    DD (8 & 6 yo): both4s (1 thick, 2 thin) – keep in 2strand twists
    DD (4yo): 3b (very thin, hard to grow) – keep in single braids with lots of beads for protection
  • nomilknoglutennomilknogluten Posts: 121Registered Users
    http://tightlycurly.com/technique/tipsforlittleones/

There's the instructions for how to wash/detangle a baby painlessly.

As for product recs, I'd probably go with california baby, for its no-tears formula. I find it at my local whole foods. If you are interested in styling them for a special occasion, CURLS has a baby line called
    'it's a curl'. It's a curl is a bit more expensive, though, and you'd probably have to order online.

The reason I wouldn't go with Teri's recs is b/c she uses sulfates and cones, and only lists products for adults, which aren't necessarily tearless.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file