is sulfur bad

holly8holly8 Registered Users Posts: 632
are sprays good for the hair? i bought a dogro spray yesterday that contains sulfur but it has other good oils in it, i want to take it back.there is another dogro product that is just oil with alot of good oils in it, it help grow my sister hair and other people`s hair, so i thought the spray would be the same thing.

what ingrediants to avoid in sprays?
please tell me if there other inge i should avoid in sprays.
Natural since Jan 2,07
I did a BC
Hair type:3C\3B
Multi-racial hair
Hair length:Started at neck and ears(in its curly state).In Dec 08 (2 years natural) My hair was somewhere near armpit length with bentonite clay in my hair.

Mission: to obtain healthy hair every day!!

Hair products:homemade products.....

:angel1::love5:

Comments

• EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    Sulfur will definitely irritate your scalp. It is used to dry up pimples. I am very, very skeptical that spraying something on your scalp will make your hair grow--even if it creates a tingly feeling and increases circulation. You should probably concentrate on taking a multivitamin and keeping your hair well-conditioned so the ends don't break off.
  • holly8holly8 Registered Users Posts: 632
    i think you are right, what vitamin should i take? the product that i got instead which contains alot of oils contains mineral oil, but my sister said that it works for her,i woke up with my scalp dry and i saw some flacks, i just wash my hair about 4 days ago, my scalp was better before i put this so called oil thing in my hair.
    Natural since Jan 2,07
    I did a BC
    Hair type:3C\3B
    Multi-racial hair
    Hair length:Started at neck and ears(in its curly state).In Dec 08 (2 years natural) My hair was somewhere near armpit length with bentonite clay in my hair.

Mission: to obtain healthy hair every day!!

Hair products:homemade products.....

:angel1::love5:
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    I think that just taking a basic daily multivitamin, like Centrum, is best. You should do that anyway, for your general health. I think that some people take extra vitamin B for hair growth, but...I don't believe something works until there has been a double-blind clinical trial.
  • medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    I take gnc ultra nourishair for hair growth along with some things for general health that also help the hair. My hair definitely grows faster while taking this...... for me... my hair grows super slow generally so any measureable growth sends me jumping up and down.
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • mariposamariposa Registered Users Posts: 177
    holly8 wrote:
    are sprays good for the hair? i bought a dogro spray yesterday that contains sulfur but it has other good oils in it, i want to take it back.there is another dogro product that is just oil with alot of good oils in it, it help grow my sister hair and other people`s hair, so i thought the spray would be the same thing.

what ingrediants to avoid in sprays?
    please tell me if there other inge i should avoid in sprays. the pic is on the website http://public.fotki.com/holly9/hair-products/

sulfur can be excellent for hair growth - i've been using a mixture since august with no irritation - my scalp has responded well

you just need to do a patch test on your scalp before trying it all over..... see if you react

there's no way i'd use a commercial preparation although seems lots of women have had results with shapley's MTG

i've also been taking msm

sulfur is an important component of hair
    4a/4b tiny penspring curls
    Lifelong natural i.e. never relaxed

hair growth journey
    http://public.fotki.com/boboleta/
  • JaxieJaxie Registered Users Posts: 1,282
    If you are interested in growing your hair there is a whole slew of vitamins to help that. My hair grows fast anyway and since I've been tkaing this concoction my hair has grown like a weed (I think I started in late august) I take:
    1 women's one-a-day multivitamin
    1 500mg caplet of silica
    1 1000mg caplet of MSM
    1 500mg softgel of Evening Primrose Oil
    1 500mg softgel of FlaxSeed Oil
    2 600mcg pills of Biotin
    2 GNC UltraNourishHair Pills

Hope that helps! I take it in the morning after I eat (even if it is just a granola bar or something) ~~jax
    2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Registered Users Posts: 907
    mariposa wrote:
    sulfur is an important component of hair
    I second that although I cannot say if topical sulfur is absorbed or not for growth purpose but it kills fungus so it does help heal some scalp conditions, including some types of dandruff.

Hair is basically made of keratin a protein containing 19 amino acids so it's a good idea to make sure you eat sufficient protein daily. Copper also plays a part in hair pigmentation and the B vitamins are necessary so stress won't make it fall out.

In an old thread about hair growth a few years ago most people reported great results with Kal's Super Silica Plus with MSM*, which is a very absorbable silica supplment. I myself tried it and it helped regrow hair I'd lost due to being overmedicated with thyroid hormones, it also seemed to have a beneficial effect on my skin AND for us who are a little older it has the added bonus of strengthening our bones. I still take it periodically whenever I see my hair not being at its best; I just ordered a couple of bottles online about a week ago because it looks like my hair is thinning a bit again and is too fine and fragile.

Biotin is part of the B-complex. It usually helps if the person actually has a deficiency of it, it must be taken in large amounts though.

*A form of sulfur.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file