Hi all, I'm new here and need some advices. ^.^

NerexNerex Registered Users Posts: 3
Hi all, I hope to find some informations and advices here about my difficult hair. : D This is me at the moment:

http://i40.tinypic.com/e0h3i8.jpg [weird photo lol]
http://i41.tinypic.com/1l0ft.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/156wzsz.jpg

Now, can you say me what is my hair type? And especially, how they will become when they'll be longer? : D
Should I comb them? ^.^

Comments

• CurlLeeCurlLee Registered Users Posts: 221
    you look like a 4a...

but as far as advice, do you have any specific questions. becuase i actually like your hair as it is.

when my hair was that length, not long after that it started to hang down. so your hair may do that as well.

for reference think corbin blu. your hair is not exactly like his, but the way it hangs is similar to what i had and what might happen to yours.

or it may look like this guy, ashley mackenzie...
    3b here 4a there 3c everywhere
    talk about a mix up :toothy10:

elevator doors open...

random girl: ohhh, you have curly hair

elevator doors begins to close...

random girl's friend:i think he knows that already

elevator doors close...
  • NerexNerex Registered Users Posts: 3
    So 4a uh? I see. XD
    Now I have a specific question... Do you know how does Corbin Blu keep his curls so well-defined? Mine tends to get frizzy rather that perfectly curly, but I guess that is because of the difference between my type of hair and his type. ^.^

I hope my hair will hang down much more soon, since they look long enough, I don't like the idea of keeping the afro style for too long.
    i'm not sure exactly how he does his hair. but with the difference in hair type your right, it may not be exactly like his. and i also think that because he is a celebrity he has a hair stylist on hand, lol.

since i don't have that, it took me a while to learn how to get better definition with my hair type.

some here will say try gels and others will mention different styling products. the only styling product i ever used was garnier curl scrunch gel. but it wasn't always necessary. everything else was either conditioner or a hair moisturizer.

step by step i did the following:

-outside the shower i section off my hair, you can do how ever many sections you choose, i did six because i had a lot of hair. i put them in bantu knots and held them with little rubber bands.

-in the shower, shampoo your hair. then section by section and with a slippery conditioner. i would take down a section, detangle with my wide tooth comb. then i would shingle it and scrunch it in a upward motion 5 or 6 times. after that you can either let it hang or but it back into the bantu knot.

-do this to every section, leaving the conditioner in. the when your done with the last section. take all the knots down and gently shake your head, then scruch as many times as you want to get rid of the parts. oh so that my hair wasn't completly flat at top i would hang my head upside down and scruch.

-then you can rise your hair. but don't touch it much, maybe just a bit more scrunching to get most of the conditioner out. you also don't want to be to close to the shower head because the pressure could mess up the definition.

-from that point you could let it drip dry or use a blowdryer with a diffuser because if your hair is as thick as mine drip dry takes forever. you don't want to touch your hair to much either until its dry otherwise you will create frizz.

-it wasn't until my hair was dry or 80-90% dry that i scrunched in a moisturizer

this seems like a lot, and it kinda is, but i only did this like once or twice a week, or special occasions for fresh hair. and it is nothing compared to some of the routines that i've seen that involve stylers and what not.

my results were pretty consitant, but wasn't always the same. thats just what you deal with when you have textured hair.

this may work for your. other than the fact that you seem to have a 4a pattern pretty much all over your head. i on the on the other hand have everything from 3b-4b. but i think we're the same if not similar in texture.

my reuslt were usually something like this...

elevator doors open...

elevator doors close...
  • NerexNerex Registered Users Posts: 3
    Woa, thanks a lot for all that advices mate! I'll try that for sure. : D

Here another photo:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ce0pqg.jpg
    no prob.

if it works for you it should help you skip a few steps to figuring out how to manage your hair. you won't have to start completly from scratch like i did.

looking at that picture you posted, this regime may work. you have afro textured curls (ie. big/bushy/soft hair) like myself.

and it also looks like your a mix of 3c/4a also not just 4a like i said previously.

elevator doors open...

elevator doors close...
  • manemanmaneman Registered Users Posts: 136
    Hey man just joined the site and came across your thread. Love your hair! The texture looks similar to mine so it looks like I've got something to look forward to as it continues to grow.
    Check out my blog: http://manemanblog.com.
    If you're a curly guy and would like to be featured then check out the Contact page and hit me up!

Favorite products:
    Shampoo: KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling: Donna Marie Dream Curling Cream, EcoStyler Gel (pink)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file