Do highlights make curls look better?

xxmissyxxxxmissyxx Registered Users Posts: 31
ive never coloured my hair before but recently a friend suggested that it might help make my curls look more defined if i had highlights put in?? anyone with any experience know if that's true or not? its a kinda goldy bronze colour if it helps :)

Comments

• happycurls24happycurls24 Registered Users Posts: 263
    I think it would look great.
    I get natural highlights- er did before I started dying my hair- but I felt like my curls looked better with highlights.
    It is getting to be summer and highlights are good at making hair look happy and summery. so I am sure it will look great.:thumbup:

What is your hair color right now?
    Hair Type: 3b /3a?.... medium texture, normal porosity:afro:

Conditioner:
    Aussie Moist

Shampoo: Organix Shampoo

Other products: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam Mousse, LA looks Sport gel, & whatever is cheapest for a frizz serum.

:blob:
  • xxmissyxxxxmissyxx Registered Users Posts: 31
    haha thanks! um its a dark strawberry blondie/goldy colour but its like literally all the same tone no natural highlights whatsover lol
  • anniemaeanniemae Registered Users Posts: 1,702 Curl Neophyte
    Yes, I think highlights are great on all kinds of hair. I think they add dimension and make your hair "pop" - especially in the summertime. :)
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
    okay cool i think i'm gonna go for it when i next get my hair cut - i'll let you guys know how it goes :)
  • anniemaeanniemae Registered Users Posts: 1,702 Curl Neophyte
    Good luck with it!!

I would just not go too dramatic at first. Start out with more natural-looking highlights, and then you can always change it up afterwards. :)
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • curlsat5280curlsat5280 Registered Users Posts: 2
    I just [like three hours ago] got highlights put in my hair. I was extremely nervous, but I pretty sure I did the right thing. The curls look awesome and I'm loving the added depth. I can't wait for more sun to see how they look in the light...

I'm sure the summer will be good to your highlights as well.
    oh my gosh well done for being brave! glad to hear it turned out well!! - i'm really exited now lol :)
  • dandydandy Registered Users Posts: 346 Curl Novice
    i loved my highlights.. but not so much anymore.. maybe my stylist is getting lazy but they dont seem to work well anymore. they are under the canopy ones, so kind of peek through my hair .. which is great for when you dont want to worry about roots. Thing is sometimes they clump together and peek out like a big yellow strip-- thinking of getting the color taking down a few notches, maybe a honey shade so it is less noticable
    2c/3a ? fine/medium iii- tons of it! FL. Suave, TTNG, CJDF co wash, GDLI
    HG- FSG, CK, ReCoil, Aldi shique gelee, ACV, ccclite or fsg 4 2nd day sotc:JCNS
    curl journalhttp://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/curl_forum/viewthread/977/ :bounce:
    event.png

Badge001.jpg
  • Sigh-SidheSigh-Sidhe Registered Users Posts: 57
    glad it came out looking good!

colored curls look awesome! they add a really cool dimension to your hair!
    you have to condition the hell outta your hair tho lol

mine is currently a mix of black, brown, blond, and green (which was supposed to be blue)..
  • Fii_RoseFii_Rose Registered Users Posts: 79
    Yeah I decided to add highlights last summer, and never looked back really defines the curls :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ... my big usual smile for multicultcurly :P

:toothy4: 3 b/c bsl length ridiculously thick brown curls with blonde highlights

I'm really like my curls but rarely wear my hair fully down as it isn't really styled and tends to go bushy

... really seeking an edgy indie style cut that suits my hair type, but wont make the move till I'm sure its right for me as I have been growing my hair to this point for so long :toothy4:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file