My first official curly day!

chelseatom_tomchelseatom_tom Registered Users Posts: 41
Today is my grandma's birthday. She passed away back in December. She would've been 92 today. Anyways, we played a slideshow of her at her viewing, and in every single picture, her hair was curly. I don't know if it was naturally that way or if she did it with rollers, but she was always stunning. I felt like today, my grandma's birthday, would be the perfect day to start my own little curly journey.

I woke up half an hour earlier this morning so that I could shower and leave my hair curly for school. We just got back from spring break, so nobody had seen me in a week and a half. I've been curling my hair since the seventh grade, and I'm a senior now -- which marks six years. Using the flat iron every day for six years pretty much convinces people that your hair is naturally that way.

So I showed up at school with my hair curly for the first time in years and nobody said anything at first. I was actually getting paranoid. I kept going to the bathroom to make sure I wasn't hallucinating and that it actually looked curly and not just frizzy (there was almost no frizz, I promise!).

But by lunch, the compliments started rolling in.

Then I got to my seventh period, in which I hang out with four guys, and all of them loved it. They said it looked better like this. One of them even asked if I had a date to senior ball this weekend (sadly I already do -- but it was flattering!)!

So I have to say that my first curly day was a success! Thank you all so much -- I've only been a member for about a week now and I've already gone to school letting it all hang loose! This site is amazing and I would've have done this without it.

Bring it on, world! Me and my curls are coming through!
Meet Chelsea: a curly-haired (type 2c/3a and very porous), half-Japanese 18-year-old with a lot on her mind.
Just beginning to embrace the curls!
At the moment:
Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals
Conditioner: Burt's Bees Very Volumizing
Leave-In: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
Gel: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard
I love my life!

fax3ja.jpg

Comments

• xodevinxodevin Registered Users Posts: 478
    Wowie! That's awesome! Congratulations! I've been curly for my whole life (ish, used to be straight-wavy) and just recently (a half a year ago maybe) I started the large poofy embarrassing mess that is my hair, and compliments are always loved! But I'm in 8th grade, soyaa. :]

You're lucky to be able to take a morning shower. I refuse to diffuse, haha, so my hair is always wet if I do that.
    curly hair and proud (:
  • chelseatom_tomchelseatom_tom Registered Users Posts: 41
    Oh my, I didn't diffuse either... I don't own one as of yet. My hair wasn't fully dry until about fifth period, which starts at almost eleven. I got out of the shower at 6:20... hahah!

So I'm still working things out.

I love your hair, by the way! I keep seeing your signature and I stop and stare at it every time! =]
    Meet Chelsea: a curly-haired (type 2c/3a and very porous), half-Japanese 18-year-old with a lot on her mind.
    Just beginning to embrace the curls!
    At the moment:
    Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees Very Volumizing
    Leave-In: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gel: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard
    I love my life!

fax3ja.jpg
  • xodevinxodevin Registered Users Posts: 478
    Aha! I used to do that and my hair took ages to dry! I actually am trying out afternoon showers now. Kind of unusual I suppose, but I like to experiment. hehe.

But trust me, you'll figure your hair out! There's all kinds of products and options, like going CG, which I haven't, but I try to be mod cg, I just still shampoo (sulfate free though!). Anyway good luck. ;)

And thank you! It means a lot~ :)
    curly hair and proud (:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file