People don't always "get it"

tcPoindextertcPoindexter Registered Users Posts: 2
All of my life I've had to deal with this thick mane of mine, and when I was younger,for some odd reason, I didn't want curls. This past November i cut my hair on my birthday. After about 10 straight years of having long, relaxed, hair down my back, it felt like the ultimate FREEDOM. But of course those people who are used to seeing my long straight hair, had there two cents to put in. "Why'd you cut? it" or "It was so pretty, what made you do that?!!".

Since then, my hair has grown A LOT and I have a head full of crazy curls. Now the whole perspective has changed. Now all I hear is "Oh my gosh your hair is so pretty" and "Wow you have the 'good hair' " and "Can I touch it?". I LOVE MY HAIR!! and I don't see myself going back to damaging relaxers again.

Comments

• makemesmile29makemesmile29 Registered Users Posts: 42
    my mom says that if you relax your hair it will fall out is it ture??? im guessing not
    Good for you embrace your curls!!!!
    how curly is your hair?
    CLAIRE <3
  • sevendaiissevendaiis Registered Users Posts: 54
    Yay! I'm glad you are confident with your hair!
    2c-3a :clown:
    Last straighten: 27th Febuary 2010
    Curly Since: 18th March 2010 (second time around)
    Trying CG (properly) soon. Last year's attempt failed, provoking straightening.
    I love Ballet! <3
    :blob:
  • rachelolivia2010rachelolivia2010 Registered Users Posts: 372
    Swimgal29 wrote: »
    my mom says that if you relax your hair it will fall out is it ture??? im guessing not
    Good for you embrace your curls!!!!
    how curly is your hair?

No, it doesn't exactly "fall out". Lol. It breaks off, because some people don't know how to take care of the hair, so it breaks off because the hair is dry and brittle. :)
    awnmvgt87.png
    4a/OS/FN/Spongy
    Co-Wash: Vo5 Herbal Escapes Moisturizing Conditioner Free Me Freesia With Aloe Extract & Aussie Moist
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT & seal with shea butter.
    Gel/Styler: KCCC or EcoStyler for edges.
    I think my hair likes cones... :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file