Is there a way to turn 3b hair into 2a/b?

I reallllly want wavy hair naturally.
Instead of curly.
:)

Comments

• taltaltaltal Posts: 614Registered Users
    As far as I know, not without chemicals.
    You can alter the curl pattern a bit with the use of some natural ingredients and styling methods, but not enough to make 3b hair turn to 2b.
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you ever looked into the Coppola Keratin Treatment? That might help. However, it's about $300 and only lasts for a few months. There is a lot of info about it on this forum.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'll preface my suggeston with this: desiring a hair type you don't have is a way to set yourself up for misery and hair damage. Right? Okay, that said:

The Brazilian Blowout that was tried by one of this site's co-founders and that is less harsh than the BKT can relax a hair's texture down one (maybe two or more). So, you could probably easily go to a 2a or 2c if you have a skilled stylist do the BB.

If you get a bad stylist to do it, your hair may end up much straighter or not wavy to your liking. It's always a risk.

But, seriously, I have 3b hair and I always get compliments and people who think I did a perm. My hair can be trying in humid weather and is imperfect, but it's mine and it wasn't until I was 18 that I stopped agonizing and learned to embrace my curls, while I spent many a teen angst over my unwieldy hai prior to that. What a waste, right? It is what it is.

Try to find pleasure in what you have and make it look its best that's the wisest course. BUT...occasionally just to a big roller set (airdry) to get a different look (or a blowout). Nothing wrong with wanting a bit of a change now and then, as long as you learn to love what you have, too.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file