red marks from past pimples

MegnificentMegnificent Registered Users Posts: 109
How do I get rid of these? Is there any way to do it without going to a dermatologist or waiting two years for them to fade by themselves? I have such fair skin and they really stand out. Oh help.
2a-3a

Fotki: curlymeg

Nature's Gate Awapuhi Volumizing Conditioner
Graham Webb Making Waves gel
jojoba or coconut oil as a DT

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.

Comments

• EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    Red spots are basically blood that's trapped under the skin--similar to dark circles under eyes. In one type of red spot, the blood is eventually drained/reabsorbed, although it takes a year or two. This is what I got when I had moderate acne as a teen. My dermatologist said that the best thing to do was just wait them out. Other people get permanent discoloration, because the blood won't drain on its own. In this case, laser treatments are available. You should go see a dermatologist to get advice. Even if they're the kind that fade on their own, your doctor might suggest treatment, in contrast to what I was told.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    if it's brown spots, glycolic/lactic acid peels can help.

but time really is the best healer.

concealer will help hide them and sunscreen will help prevent them getting darker.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    Coconut oil. If I have a pimple that I've attacked (which I compulsively do), once it's been popped, I start putting coconut oil on it.

I had this huge spot left from a pimple that was purple 3 days before my wedding. I was having a heart attack about it. I kept putting coconut oil on it, and exfoliating when I washed my face, and it went away.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    Eilonwy wrote:
    Red spots are basically blood that's trapped under the skin--similar to dark circles under eyes. In one type of red spot, the blood is eventually drained/reabsorbed, although it takes a year or two. This is what I got when I had moderate acne as a teen. My dermatologist said that the best thing to do was just wait them out. Other people get permanent discoloration, because the blood won't drain on its own. In this case, laser treatments are available. You should go see a dermatologist to get advice. Even if they're the kind that fade on their own, your doctor might suggest treatment, in contrast to what I was told.
    I just.. had an accident and now there's a red streak from yesterday that is under the skin.. and it is sensitive.. is this the same thing? Should I tell the doctor?
    3b-3c CG
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    ^^^could be a bruise that hasn't turned purple yet. wait and see if it resolves before going to a doctor.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    rouquinne wrote:
    ^^^could be a bruise that hasn't turned purple yet. wait and see if it resolves before going to a doctor.
    Weird.. It's gone now. But thanks for your help!
    3b-3c CG
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    ^^^ Glad that resolved itself!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file