We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

obama is a good president but..

jr.mint12jr.mint12 Posts: 101Registered Users
no one is perfect. question of the day: what is one quality you think president obama doesnt have?

Comments

• AmericanWomanAmericanWoman Posts: 46Registered Users
    I think he gives too much credit John Q Public being rational & reasonable . If he addresses the Death Panel rumor and presents the facts, the Rush "Limbo" Zombie Bees will still quote it verbatim. buzz buzzz buzzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kimojaikimojai Posts: 4Registered Users
    I think he gives too much credit John Q Public being rational & reasonable . If he addresses the Death Panel rumor and presents the facts, the Rush "Limbo" Zombie Bees will still quote it verbatim. buzz buzzz buzzz

Agree:toothy4:
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,983Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I voted for him but I think Hilary would have made a better President. I can't put my finger on what exactly Obama is lacking - but he isn't a great leader. Many of my friends are very disappointed in him. Maybe we expected too much, but he seems like just another politician to me.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    I don't have any other way to say it, so i'll just say: he ain't got no balls!! he needs to tell everybody, "look i'm running this show, so shut the hell up, sit the hell down, and let me do my thing, if i need your opinion, i'll give it to you! Now let me fix what dumass messed up!"
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, he's weak. Or at least he appears weak.

He's also too centrist. He's NOT the liberal we thought he was.
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    thelio wrote: »
    I don't have any other way to say it, so i'll just say: he ain't got no balls!! he needs to tell everybody, "look i'm running this show, so shut the hell up, sit the hell down, and let me do my thing, if i need your opinion, i'll give it to you! Now let me fix what dumass messed up!"
    I think this too.

Maybe we did expect too much...(*I don't really think so, but Obama was like magic lol). But he's the effin president of the united states...he needs to tell all the dumb ass haters that he's the boss and runs sh*t.

I think though that he's treading lightly because he wants a second term. $5 says that if he does get term 2, he's going all out and being the actual BOSS
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,660Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I voted for him and I think he is super smart but yep, he lacks balls. I supported Hillary and worked on her campaign and I know she would have had more balls than he does. But, shrug, what can ya do.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    I think The Donald would be a good pres...thoughts?
    And agree w/ the Hilary supporters..
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users
    coilynapp wrote: »
    thelio wrote: »
    I think this too.

Maybe we did expect too much...(*I don't really think so, but Obama was like magic lol). But he's the effin president of the united states...he needs to tell all the dumb ass haters that he's the boss and runs sh*t.

I think though that he's treading lightly because he wants a second term. $5 says that if he does get term 2, he's going all out and being the actual BOSS

ITA. I don't know if he'd get it tho cuz people won't think about that. They'll just think about how he disappointed them.
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users

You're kidding, right? What this country DOES NOT need is one more privileged white guy as president.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Also, the president is the president but he or she does not run things. Remember Congress? THEY run things.

If you want a president who runs everything, you'd be looking at a dictator. I don't really think that's the answer.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • curlylew66curlylew66 Posts: 1,685Registered Users
    They all have big balls until they actually become President.
    Even if they wanted to do the right thing, someone will always challenge, delay or try to stop what they are working on.
    It is a horrible job.
    It is all about negotiation.
    True, congress does have a bulk of the power, but the president can put his foot down and demand for congress to do what is right. it seems like when congress says no he says "oh alright then". a five year old child don't take no that easily.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Seriously?
    Minneapolis, MN
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Poodle, I did see that. I have seen Obama's bc [the short form]. Not sure why The Donald hasn't or maybe he has and wants to see the long form. I'm guessing it was real. It looked real :dontknow:
    Agree w/ what curlylew said...really, it's all about negotiating & imho he does it well...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,983Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Poodle, I did see that. I have seen Obama's bc [the short form]. Not sure why The Donald hasn't or maybe he has and wants to see the long form. I'm guessing it was real. It looked real :dontknow:
    Agree w/ what curlylew said...really, it's all about negotiating & imho he does it well...

I think all the brouhaha over the birth cert. is idiotic, and I probably disagree with The Donald on every social issue, but if he, (and congress) could fix the economy, I'd vote for him. The fact that he's another privileged white guy - I get what Party Hair is saying about that, but again, if he could benefit our economy (a big IF) I'd vote for him. I feel we are in desperate straits - I wouldn't vote for a racist or Sarah Palin (sorry Palin fans - I think she's an idiot) but barring obviously despicable characters, I'll vote for whomever I think will have smarts about our economic situation. I read that 1 in 7 Americans is going hungry - my sister is on food stamps - everyone I know is looking for a job - people are dying for want of decent healthcare....I think we are in a depression and desperate times call for desperate measures.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users
    I was just thinking the other day that I wish Hillary was President. I think she would have been far tougher than Obama is or McCain would have been. I wasn't for her initially but now, yeah, I would vote for her probably if she runs in the future.

Obama is weak or at least I perceive him to be. He tries to please everyone all of the time. Even though I have never wanted him to be President I would at least respect him if he stood up for what he believed in. Once he threw Rev Wright away because he was becoming a liability I lost what little respect I had for him.
  • AllyTAllyT Posts: 613Registered Users
    His environmentalism is about on par with Bush II's who was the worst environmental president in history. Seriously, what legislation has he passed? What has he done but screw the environment more in the name of greed? I'm tired of all the talk and no action from both sides, but particularly Dems because they at least are supposed to act like they care.

Oh, and I will not be voting for Obama again. This is the first time in a long time that I'm not voting at all. He lost my vote after the little regard he showed for the oil spill, especially after he campaigned as an anti offshore drilling candidate.
  • AllyTAllyT Posts: 613Registered Users
    curlypearl wrote: »

I think all the brouhaha over the birth cert. is idiotic, and I probably disagree with The Donald on every social issue, but if he, (and congress) could fix the economy, I'd vote for him. The fact that he's another privileged white guy - I get what Party Hair is saying about that, but again, if he could benefit our economy (a big IF) I'd vote for him. I feel we are in desperate straits - I wouldn't vote for a racist or Sarah Palin (sorry Palin fans - I think she's an idiot) but barring obviously despicable characters, I'll vote for whomever I think will have smarts about our economic situation. I read that 1 in 7 Americans is going hungry - my sister is on food stamps - everyone I know is looking for a job - people are dying for want of decent healthcare....I think we are in a depression and desperate times call for desperate measures.

No one has the smarts on the economic situation. If they did, it would be fixed. We are due for a depression. Prosperous times are always going to be followed by less prosperous times. It's a pattern that has spanned throughout the ages. The population is too large and the environment is stretched to the limit because of it. People need to get smart about managing themselves better and not rely on the govt. In the past, if you couldn't afford to raise a family, you didn't have kids. If you couldn't afford to feed yourself, you starved. I've worked in bkty. law and frankly, I got tired of seeing so many clients who were on SSI and supposedly couldn't work, but sure could keep making babies, babies that they received money and medical cards for each month.

This country is aching for a depression, in large part becuase of its misteps. I think I was born in the wrong part of the world, because in much of the world you take care of yourself, and if you can't, too bad. I'm not a Republican, but I definitely believe that this shouldering of everybody has got to stop. How about shouldering the environment which is on its last leg and has to be shouldered to take care of us all?
    AllyT wrote: »
    His environmentalism is about on par with Bush II's who was the worst environmental president in history. Seriously, what legislation has he passed? What has he done but screw the environment more in the name of greed? I'm tired of all the talk and no action from both sides, but particularly Dems because they at least are supposed to act like they care.

Oh, and I will not be voting for Obama again. This is the first time in a long time that I'm not voting at all. He lost my vote after the little regard he showed for the oil spill, especially after he campaigned as an anti offshore drilling candidate.

He tried to block gulf shore deep sea drilling, but the courts over turned him. but like i said i dont think he got enough backbone. if he did, he would had made sure his decision was final. he has some great ideas, but we need a pres who will follow through!

I will vote for him again only because i feel that the possible republican candidates will not make anything any better for america, maybe worst. If something better comes along, i'll change my mind.
  • mellowgirl09mellowgirl09 Banned Posts: 188Banned Users
    jr.mint12 wrote: »
    no one is perfect. question of the day: what is one quality you think president obama doesnt have?

I'd say the quality he doesn't have is being a good president.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: 3c, medium strand, high volume, soft
    About: Loves moisture
    Current Length: mid neck when curly / bra strap length when straight
    Goal: At least collarbone length when curly
    Regime: KC Knot Today leave in, KC Curling Custard and Aveda shine serum. Style of choice wash and gos and braid outs.
    Pet Peeves: Hair breakage at the nape if wearing tight ponytails. Different curl patterns, looser in front and tighter in back.
    Hair pros: High shine and bounce.
  • KuLaidejuisceKuLaidejuisce Posts: 142Registered Users
    Once I read an article titled "worlds most costly unatural disasters" like the titanic, twin towers, etc.

Number one on the list was the 2008 presidential election putting the US 800 billion dollars in debt.
    In debt wit president obamas "brilliant" ideas he seems to contradict by doin the exact opposite of wat he says. Shame on our nations leaders. They're all greedy n they kno wat they're doin to us..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
  • VictoriaMVictoriaM Posts: 53Registered Users
    I agree. No one is perfect. I don't pay much attention to politics. One thing I always think to myself when I see people's comments about him on yahoo! articles is, "I wonder what these people would do if they were president? I wonder if they would see how "easy" it is to be a president? I wonder if they would be good or bad?" I think this about every president in history.
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    VictoriaM wrote: »
    I agree. No one is perfect. I don't pay much attention to politics. One thing I always think to myself when I see people's comments about him on yahoo! articles is, "I wonder what these people would do if they were president? I wonder if they would see how "easy" it is to be a president? I wonder if they would be good or bad?" I think this about every president in history.

Love the post!

I think Mr. President does lack a back bone, he's tries to please everyone in which he cannot! I feel that many people expected him to be some sort of "magician" that could magically turn around this economy in 4 yrs. Of course he made valid points in his campaign and no he haven't followed thru with a lot of things but I don't think that it would have been any different if McCain would have been elected. Maybe Hilary would have done a better job, who's to say? I do hope that the Congress and Government learn to agree on a solution to begin to fix the huge 9roblems that America faces.

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file