CurlTalk

Pah, what is this?

moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
Why does the hair at the back of the head grow so fast? I got a trim a few months ago, and while all my hair has grown, the back is disproportionately long. I wonder if it just looks that way because of how much close the back of my head is to my shoulders, as opposed to say, the crown? Anyway, if the back actually does grow faster, does anyone here know why?
Big chop: 5/30/10
CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
Cleanser: Bentonite clay

Comments

• 85MR285MR2 Posts: 226Registered Users
    moodydove wrote: »
    Why does the hair at the back of the head grow so fast? I got a trim a few months ago, and while all my hair has grown, the back is disproportionately long. I wonder if it just looks that way because of how much close the back of my head is to my shoulders, as opposed to say, the crown? Anyway, if the back actually does grow faster, does anyone here know why?

I think it seems that way because with most cuts the back of the head is cut the shortest, therefore it seems to grow out the quickest. Same reason folks with bangs have to trim their bangs in between full haircuts.
    CG since 2/23/10!

2B 3A mix, fine texture and high porosity at crown/bangs, normal elsewhere. I like protein!

Trying to grow out a short haircut.

WASH: Jessicurl Cleansing Cream (once every week or so)
    CONDITION: Jessicurl Too Shea! or Aloeba Conditioner
    STYLE: Jessicurl Gelebration Spray/Awe Inspiraling Spray

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2F85MR2%2F" class="Popup (PICS OF CG TRANSITION SO FAR) Need to update. No pics with the Jessicurl products yet, but I LOVE them!