CurlTalk

Do braids help hair grow faster?

starbubblestarbubble Posts: 10Registered Users
My hair is type 2B and it's about shoulder length. Is it possible for it to grow about 4 inches by September 2011? Do braids help my hair grow faster?
Lena♥♥♥♥♥
Type 3a ☺☺☺
Brunette ☻☻☻

Comments

• amore.stareamore.stare Posts: 19Registered Users
    Braids help your hair retain length. Your hair grows on average 1/2 inch per month. It may more or may be less. You should see the Growing out section.
  • BriabrooksyBriabrooksy Posts: 4Registered Users
    starbubble wrote: »
    My hair is type 2B and it's about shoulder length. Is it possible for it to grow about 4 inches by September 2011? Do braids help my hair grow faster?

I currently have braids in my hair, but to truthfully answer your Q no braids don't make ur hair grow faster. What getting braids do is take your mind off the growing process if you are trying to transition or just grow your hair out. It does make your hair break off a little if it is weak, chemically treated or dead due to heat damage, but I may sound a little crazy when I say this but the breakage you get from the braids actually makes your hair stronger. This is because the damaged hair was unable to withstand the tention the braids put on your hair. Oh and make sure if you get braids there not super tight because that's bad for your hair.

~Briabrooksy
  • starbubblestarbubble Posts: 10Registered Users
    Thankss
    Lena♥♥♥♥♥
    Type 3a ☺☺☺
    Brunette ☻☻☻