ready to give up on curly girl

sherry7899sherry7899 Registered Users Posts: 897
I've been on curly girl for about eleven days. I did clarify before starting.

My hair has NO curl today-just some limp waves. I had thought a few days ago that I was using too much conditioner so I cut back.

What should I do? I wanted to stick this out for three weeks, but as of now I'm dying to use shampoo...

My hair is soft and shiny at least...but I don't want to give up the curl.

Any suggestions?

Thanks-
Sherry

Comments

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Have you tried an ACV rinse? That always seems to perk up my curls a bit.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • sherry7899sherry7899 Registered Users Posts: 897
    Hi,

I haven't tried an ACV rinse. Does your hair smell of vinegar afterwards?
    Also, do you use a conditioner after it, or does that defeat the purpose? I am new to this, so thank you for your patience.

Take care,
    Sherry
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I condition afterwards or I wouldn't be able to detangle. Your hair smells like vinegar while it's in your hair (obviously), but the smell doesn't linger. I use about 3 tablespoons of vinegar and fill the cup with water. I dip the length of my hair in the cup first, and then I pour it over my head. Make sure not to get it in your eyes!!! Then I do other things in the shower and let the vinegar sit as long as I can stand the smell, I would guess around 5 minutes. I rinse, condition, and style as usual. It's definitely worth a shot.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • teela1978teela1978 Registered Users Posts: 278
    What's your routine? Maybe something in there is weighing you down?
    Fine Wavy (2a)
    Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file