cg mousse please

fabisebienfabisebien Registered Users Posts: 76
Can anyone recommend a good mousse that can be bought at walgreens or sally's??
New Staples: As I Am: Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner and Leave-In Conditioner.
Method For Styling: Rake and Shake. And Let Air Dry.

Bird! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• tinaLtinaL Registered Users Posts: 4
    I would love to know this as well. I've been using HE Totally Twisted Mousse (which is CG) but it leaves a bunch of flakes in my hair. :( It works well, but I need something that doesn't leave flakes. I tried one of their other mousses (maybe Body Envy, can't remember) and the flaking was even worse!
  • 85MR285MR2 Registered Users Posts: 226
    I was going to suggest the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted mousse actually. I use it every day and no flakes. Everyone is different though. It works really well for me. Fotki link in my signature if you want pics. :)
    CG since 2/23/10!

2B 3A mix, fine texture and high porosity at crown/bangs, normal elsewhere. I like protein!

Trying to grow out a short haircut.

WASH: Jessicurl Cleansing Cream (once every week or so)
    CONDITION: Jessicurl Too Shea! or Aloeba Conditioner
    STYLE: Jessicurl Gelebration Spray/Awe Inspiraling Spray

http://public.fotki.com/85MR2/ (PICS OF CG TRANSITION SO FAR) Need to update. No pics with the Jessicurl products yet, but I LOVE them!
  • fabisebienfabisebien Registered Users Posts: 76
    thanks guys :iconbiggrin:
    New Staples: As I Am: Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner and Leave-In Conditioner.
    Method For Styling: Rake and Shake. And Let Air Dry.

Bird! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilyxtinailyxtina Registered Users Posts: 1
    i recommend tresemme's flawless curls.
    its like 3$ a bottle at walmart [pretty sure they would sell it at cvs, so maybe walgreens too?]
    i use it EVERY day, infact i use the whole line pretty much [gel, conditioner, hairspray]. im impressed and you cant beat the price . ive been using it for over a year now :-)

www.tresemme.com/curl/products/flawless-curls-mousse.aspx
  • kasdenkasden Registered Users Posts: 1,045 Curl Connoisseur
    ilyxtina wrote: »
    i recommend tresemme's flawless curls.
    its like 3$ a bottle at walmart [pretty sure they would sell it at cvs, so maybe walgreens too?]
    i use it EVERY day, infact i use the whole line pretty much [gel, conditioner, hairspray]. im impressed and you cant beat the price . ive been using it for over a year now :-)

www.tresemme.com/curl/products/flawless-curls-mousse.aspx

Tresseme Flawless Curls mousse is NOT CG!

I use HETT, HEBE, and Aussie Aussome Volume mousse - all CG and I've never had a problem with flakes. Also the Aussie Real Volume and Aussie Instant Freeze Sculpting mousse are also CG, but I haven't tried them.

HE and Aussie are owned by the same company, so some of their mousses and gels have the same ingredients. You can compare the ingredients and get the cheaper one.

tinaL - IDK, but I wonder if the HETT is giving you flakes because it's interacting with another product? I scrunch in soaking wet hair: Suave coconut condish as a LI, HETT mousse, then Biotera Curl Creme emulsified with a little HESMU gel = no flakes for me. HTH!!!
    2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file