Does anyone use clay ?

taltaltaltal Posts: 614Registered Users
Which types of clay have you used and what are the benfits ?
Have you tried/heard of using dead sea clay for the hair ?
TIA

Comments

• CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Bentonite clay is good for detoxifying the skin and scalp. I have heard of people using it internally as well, but I havent tried that. Bentonite clay also gave me enhanced curl definition so if you're in to wash-n-go's then bentonite clay would be nice if you need a good clarifying.
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Posts: 793Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use bentonite clay monthly to clarify.
    I also use rhassoul clay which can be used for both clarifying and deep conditioning. I've used it for deep conditioning. If you check these threads as well you can get more info on it.... (I've posted my experiences in both of them)

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=94969&highlight=rhassoul+clay

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=91578&highlight=rhassoul+clay
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki
  • dee-naturedee-nature Posts: 630Registered Users
    Bentonite Clay is soo affective that i use it 2x monthly instead of once. its cleanses scalp very well, and defines curls! staple product for real!..oh and don't forget ur raw unrefined ACV
    hair type: 4a VERY dense u39v2snfy.png

hair goal
    = WL Aug. 23, 2013

My hair LOVES oil
    :love5:
    2. "Being natural must be the new crack cus im hooked!!":afro:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is
    perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”:wav:

www.fotki.com/dee-nature-619

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't really like bentonite clay on my hair - I just can't seem to get out that grainy feeling, but I love it as a face mask, and YES, I drank it to detoxify. I had a wicked hangover and it helped!
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    ellepixie wrote: »
    I don't really like bentonite clay on my hair - I just can't seem to get out that grainy feeling, but I love it as a face mask, and YES, I drank it to detoxify. I had a wicked hangover and it helped!
    What brand did you use? I have tried some from Mountain rose herbs and some place I cant remember on ebay. Those were not good but I tried the Aztec brand from the health food store and it worked much better
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
    CocoT wrote: »
    What brand did you use? I have tried some from Mountain rose herbs and some place I cant remember on ebay. Those were not good but I tried the Aztec brand from the health food store and it worked much better

Yep, I have Aztec. I dunno, my hair always feels chalky with it. I like how it looks, but I just don't like that feeling and I can define my curlies without it. For me, cherry lola works better.
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • curlyhersheygirlcurlyhersheygirl Posts: 475Registered Users
    I use rhassoul once a month for detoxifying and conditioning ( I think it does both but not sure ).
    I purchased mine from mountain rose herb and I didn't have any issues with it but I think i saw that some people did.
  • Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Posts: 793Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Yep, I have Aztec. I dunno, my hair always feels chalky with it. I like how it looks, but I just don't like that feeling and I can define my curlies without it. For me, cherry lola works better.

whats your recipe?
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki

whats your recipe?

I did what they recommended - once with warm water, once with ACV...one time I added a little oil and condish. Any ideas?
    YouTube
  • OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    I use the aztec brand too. I like it.

Here's a recipe I created. You don't have to make them into cookies if you don't want - just roll them out and cut them - then individually wrap them for later use. If you use the recipe you'll get about 35 of them depending on how big you cut yours. I use them often, and I like them:).
    Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
    BC: July 21, 2008
    Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile:love5:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein
    hmm i usually just add some chamomile tea to my bentonite slather it on and that's that. It does have a bit of a chalky feel but after I rinse with left over tea and conditioner that feel is gone. It feels soft and defined when I'm done.
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file