hair being weighed down. :(

playtonicbubbleplaytonicbubble Registered Users Posts: 36
I think my hair might be a little heavy which is causing my curls to get weighed down.

I believe this because my hair is straight flat on the inside and curly ontop.

Also I think I might have 2c/3a hair..My hair curlys into ringlets but it also has some waves to it..What can I do to enhance the curls?

What products?
Curl Pattern:2c/3aFii
Texture: medium
Porosity: low to medium in the winter
Density: medium
Elasticity: normal
Characteristics: flat top, no root curl, easily weighed down, protein sensitive
Hair ingredient likes: Honey,olive oil, deva low poo
Hair ingredient dislikes: coconut oil, wheat protein, hemp, henna, protein
Hair Twins: still seeking.

Comments

• girlbehindtheglassesgirlbehindtheglasses Registered Users Posts: 3
    I used to have that exact same problem, lots of curls, but only after about the middle of my ear. I was wondering if you plop. I didn't until I found this website, but since I started plopping and putting my products in with my head inverted my curl goes to the root.

As far as products, I'm not CG yet so the stuff I use has cones. I use Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship leave-in conditioner and SFX Curl Scrunching Gel.
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Registered Users Posts: 2,098
    Products with silicone can weigh down your hair so keep that in mind. Experiment with using CG friendly products. Most likely, you'll notice a difference.

What's the texture of your hair? If it's fine to normal, have you experimented with protein? Protein rebuilds and reinforces the hair shaft.
    Protein rich products can make all the difference for some of us.

How heavy is your conditioner? Are you using a leave-in? While moisture is key, overconditioning will leave curls undefined and limp.
    My daughter has fine hair and if she uses a heavy conditioner, her hair just falls. With my hair, I can use a heavy conditioner from ear down... as long as I don't saturate my roots.

Curl enhancing products- [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Rockin-Ringlets-Styling-Potion-p-100.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-rockin-ringlets]Jessicurl Rockin Ringlets[/buylink] or FSG- very similar product
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:Coil[/buylink]
    Paul Mitchel Round Trip

Apply a firmer hold gel to hold those waves/curls into place. We really like LA Looks Sports Gel.

Plopping may help.
    Clipping your roots will give you some lift also.

I highly recommend learning more about the CG method and your hair.
    http://dormroomcurly.blogspot.com/2008/12/style-definitions-table.html

www.livecurlylivefree.com

Once you understand your texture, porosity, density, etc, look for others who have similar hair and ask what products they use. It just takes a lot of experimenting and time. I've had curly hair since I was 12 and I'm still experimenting and playing with product, application, etc. Always looking for something better.
  • sweet peasweet pea Registered Users Posts: 58
    Also a thought might be a haircut. Hair gets heavier the longer it gets. You didn't mention the length, but if you have really long hair that could weigh down your curls.

Just a thought to consider.
    :hello2: Sweet Pea
    CG Since: 3 January 2010
    Type: 2c/3a, med-high porosity, baby fine, very long!
    Conditioners: BB Smoothie
    Stylers: BB FSG
    MY HAIR :love4: PROTEIN!!
    Lady Sweet Pea, Master Enchantress and Paladin of the Spiral Faeries in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file