Stuffed Peppers??

PhDCowPhDCow Posts: 1,621Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Hubby has put in a request for stuffed peppers, which I love but have never made.

I remember that my mom's recipe was very basic (tomato paste, rice, and ground beef in green peppers).

Does anyone have a recipe similar to this that you could pass along? Hubby and I would be eternally grateful! icon_biggrin.gif
God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

Comments

• CurlsWannaHaveFunCurlsWannaHaveFun Posts: 251Registered Users
    Hopefully this will work. Found this at www.allrecipes.com. It's a bit fancy but looks tasty. I haven't tried this recipe but others off the site I have tried have been v.v.good.

Ingredients
    2 green bell peppers, halved and seeded
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1 onion, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 medium tomato - peeled, seeded and chopped
    1/4 cup chopped parsley
    1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
    2 tablespoons white wine
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 8x11 inch glass baking dish.
    2 In a pot of boiling water, cook the bell peppers for 4 to 5 minutes; until they begin to soften. Remove them from the boiling water and plunge them into a cold bath. Drain well.
    3 In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and mix in the tomato, parsley, bread crumbs, white wine, and black pepper. Fill the peppers with this mixture and place them into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the peppers.
    4 Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

HTH
    4a with 3c patches/LOIS daughter O/S spongy fine, natural since 1999

Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
    - Vince Lombardi
  • PeppyPeppy Posts: 3,290Registered Users
    Here's what I use to stuff peppers....very simple!

A mixture of ground chuck, a can of spanish rice, chopped onion, and sometimes I add some diced tomatoes.

I do the same thing to stuff eggplants (but chop the part of the eggplant you scoop out and cook it with the ground beef) and I use this for stuffed cabbage rolls too.
  • PhDCowPhDCow Posts: 1,621Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yum!! Thanks for the recipes -- I think I'm going to try a combination of the two and see what happens! icon_smile.gif
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Here is a variation to stuffed peppers.

This soup is great if you like stuffed peppers. Everyone who has tried it, loves it.

STUFFED PEPPER SOUP

BROWN:
    1 lb lean ground beef
    1 cup chopped onion

ADD & SIMMER:
    6 cups water
    5 beef bullion cubes (till dissolved)

ADD & SIMMER WITH FOLLOWING (ABOUT 1-1/2 HOURS, THEN STIR IN 3 CUPS COOKED RICE*):
    4 large green peppers chopped
    1 large can (28 oz) tomatoes (can use can of crushed tomatoes)
    1 can tomato soup
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/2 tsp paprika
    salt & pepper

* can use cooked Minute Rice

Great with a loaf of home made bread (of course, we use the frozen bread dough).
    3b/c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file