EWW braids you are such a disgrace to my natural hair

NATURALLYchipmunkkNATURALLYchipmunkk Posts: 125Registered Users
I just did my bc Feb 24 =) so im new to this whole thing. Unfortunately i have to wear braids (box) as a protective style but am i the ONLY one secretly cuttin the braids off just to touch their hair. i think i have hairhanditis:laughing9:
Hair type: Some random curly fuzzy stringy stuff God planted on my head
Deep conditioners: Homemade baby (honey, yogurt, eggs, shea butter whippd)
Oils: Shea, Jojoba, Castor
Vitamins: Biotin 1000 mcgs, Prenatals

event.png

Not jus' a round faced girl, but a NATURAL round faced girl
2vdmh74.jpg

Comments

• NikG20NikG20 Posts: 461Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    lol. I think box braids are great. They are easy to style differently as well. I curled my daughters box braids with Curlformers and loved the look. (pics on blog in one of the curlformers reviews)

Hang in there! :)

BTW, Congrats on the BC!
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • rachelolivia2010rachelolivia2010 Posts: 372Registered Users
    I just did my bc Feb 24 =) so im new to this whole thing. Unfortunately i have to wear braids (box) as a protective style but am i the ONLY one secretly cuttin the braids off just to touch their hair. i think i have hairhanditis:laughing9:

OMG! I thought i was the only one! I always cut a few in the back and at the top (where hair can cover it) just to touch my hair and play in it. I think i'm addicted...its quiet sad actually. XD
    awnmvgt87.png
    4a/OS/FN/Spongy
    Co-Wash: Vo5 Herbal Escapes Moisturizing Conditioner Free Me Freesia With Aloe Extract & Aussie Moist
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT & seal with shea butter.
    Gel/Styler: KCCC or EcoStyler for edges.
    I think my hair likes cones... :)
  • ............ Posts: 102Registered Users

OMG! I thought i was the only one! I always cut a few in the back and at the top (where hair can cover it) just to touch my hair and play in it. I think i'm addicted...its quiet sad actually. XD
    +1
    Same! When i had micros in I cut about 3 braids in the back just to feel my curls.lol

• MsCurl83MsCurl83 Posts: 289Registered Users
    I haven't had box braids in years, I just can't sit 3 or 4 hours for such a protective style. I don't mind getting cornrows for three reasons: 1) They're stylish, 2) It doesn't take 3 or 4 hours, only 1 hr at least to get it done 3) Its a cost effective style...but 1 bad thing is my hair says no way! Two weeks into wearing cornrows and this has happened to me many times, my natural hair starts creeping up saying hello to the world. It's been at least 2 years since I've had any type of braiding done on my head, so I LISTEN to the hair and do what it says to do. No braids and just go care free, but even care free can be a hassle sometimes.
    "My hair is a reflection of my personality:
    wild, free and beautiful."

Hair Type: S + Z = Crazy Beautiful
    Hair Goal: Improve health!! Kill the knots!!!
    BSL now
    As of 6/24/12: Protective styles for summer
    Achieving Curls: Terressentials Mud HAir Wash (the business! Terressentials.com) Giovanni 50/50 Cndtr (retired) KBN Shealoe LCndtr (on probation) Still perfecting the process.
    Shoutout to FLAXSEEDS!!!! YOU ARE the MASTER on FRIZZ!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file