Leave-in spray recommendations??

BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
I'm normally a creamy leave-in kinda gal. However, I noticed that when I use a spray leave-in, I can skip a wash day. Yay!

I have Tresemme Heat Tamer. It's actually not marketed as a leave-in but has the same ingredients as Nexxus leave-in spray. I like it but the second ingredient has amodimethicone in it. I actually don't mind amodimethicone and will continue to use it; however, I was wondering if there was a non-cone leave-in spray that would work well.

Anyone know of any? It needs to be drugstore (maybe salon or Sally's). I don't order on-line.

Thanks,
Boomygrrl

ETA: I haven't had success with making my own spray conditioner, so I want to buy one.
Also, one with no or low protein as well.
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
:blob8:

3a/3b

Comments

• BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    Was at ULTA yesterday and picked me up some Brocato detangling spray. Hope that works.

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.

3a/3b
  • LightWavesLightWaves Registered Users Posts: 114
    I've tried a few spray leave-ins, thinking that maybe they would be lighter than other LIs, but I OC so easily that they didn't help much :). CG ones are hard to come by, but some of the better ones I remember are:

Jane Carter [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/The-Jane-Carter-Solution-Revitalizing-Leave-In-Conditioner-p-549.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=the-jane-carter-solution-revitalizing-leavein-conditioner]Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner[/buylink]
    Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Mist (has cones, but I believe they're all water-soluble)
    Aubrey Organics Sea Buckthorn Leave-in Conditioner

I feel like there were more that I liked, but I can't remember now... I'll update if I think of anymore.
    How are you liking the Brocato detangling spray?
    2a/2b/2c - I've experienced them all :iconbiggrin:

Still not sure about porosity/protein... my hair takes forever to dry & products often weigh it down, but I like protein. Thus I'm confused.

LowPoo: Mastey Traite
    Cowash: Burt's Bees Super Shiny, Trader Joe's TTT
    DT: Sevi Pumpkin Conditioner
    Styling: FSG, Pantene Curls Mousse, SS FHG, AO B5 Design Gel, Giovanni Mousse
    PT: Nexus Emergencee, AO GBP
    Styling Methods: Plopping, diffusing
  • msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    LightWaves wrote: »
    I've tried a few spray leave-ins, thinking that maybe they would be lighter than other LIs, but I OC so easily that they didn't help much :). CG ones are hard to come by, but some of the better ones I remember are:

Jane Carter [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/The-Jane-Carter-Solution-Revitalizing-Leave-In-Conditioner-p-549.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=the-jane-carter-solution-revitalizing-leavein-conditioner]Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner[/buylink]
    Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Mist (has cones, but I believe they're all water-soluble)
    Aubrey Organics Sea Buckthorn Leave-in Conditioner

I feel like there were more that I liked, but I can't remember now... I'll update if I think of anymore.
    How are you liking the Brocato detangling spray?

I like the PM Awapuhi Moisture Mist, too and yes, whatever cones are in there are water soluble; it is CG.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    Well, the Brocato one didn't work out. It has too many proteins. Uggh! Lately, my hair tolerates some protein but this turned out to be too much. My hair freaked out.
    Dang it!
    Does anyone know what ULTA's return policy is?

I might check out the Paul Mitchell one-- are there proteins in it?

3a/3b
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    Giovanni Vita Pro Fusion is a spray leave-in treatment. It's the only one I've used. I need a stronger leave in on a daily basis, but I like it sometimes as a curl refresher.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • smasters467smasters467 Registered Users Posts: 527
    Ulta will let you return pretty much anything within 60 days, as long as you have the reciept.
    How's My Hair?
    Review: L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner
    Review: Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo & Pampering Conditioner + 35% off at YTC.com

3a-b, fine & medium texture, medium-high porosity from years of damaging. I'm addicted to changing my hair color.
    Cleansing: No-Poo, Elucence MBS, YTC Poo,
    Conditioner: One Condition, JC Too Shea!, YTC Condish, Elucence MBC, Joico Daily, KCKT
    Styling: KCCC, LALPS, BRHG, Biotera Gel
    SMB Photography

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file