Who has tried Wonder Curl Get Set Hair Jelly

unique4meunique4me Posts: 135Registered Users
Here is the website http://wondercurl.com/wondercurl/Home.html

I have not tried it. I believe it is another [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]Kinky Curly Curling Custard[/buylink] knock-off. I will wait for the reviews.

IMO- I'm tired of gels promising to stretch or elongate the curls and this does not happen.

If you have tried to product, let us hear from you.
Hair type 4a

Comments

• EssenceEssence Posts: 300Registered Users
    any updates on this gel?

Niathebee on YT made videos using it but she hasnt actually reviewed it.

Application
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBYI9qaPUoc

Day 2 hair
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i8o-yNOzbA
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    This was at the bottom

niathebee — June 02, 2010 — better quality vid! My hair up CLOSE on day 2! Its actually not holding up too well and feels dry. I sprayed with Deva curl Set it free last night- and applied some carols daughter hair mimosa. I added more mimosa this am, and it still feels dry. Seeming that Wondercurl is a no go. I'd even mixed it with Paul Mitchel soaking wet. I'll be co-washing in the am to start over with IC gel and green routine
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    unique4me wrote: »
    Here is the website http://wondercurl.com/wondercurl/Home.html

I have not tried it. I believe it is another [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]Kinky Curly Curling Custard[/buylink] knock-off. I will wait for the reviews.

IMO- I'm tired of gels promising to stretch or elongate the curls and this does not happen.

If you have tried to product, let us hear from you.

More often than not, a product will not stretch or elongate your curls. The only thing you can do is use heavier products that may weigh hair down. Even if I use a gel and my hair falls while it's wet, it usually dries up, which I personally like b/c I don't want to run around with the jheri curl look!
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • jeweldjeweld Posts: 140Registered Users
    wondercurl is essential wholesale jelly in jar. Save your money and buy a sample from the manufacturer.
    Poo: Giovanni TTT
    CoWash/Detangler: Any Suave on top of VO5, Yes to Cucumbers
    DT: Aubrey Organics White Camellia, Amla/ Coconut milk, Castor oil
    Styling Products: Yes to Cucumbers, EcoStyler, Longaid Curl Activator,
    Daily Moisture: Hibiscus tea+Aubrey Organics White Camellia Spritz, Yes to Cucumbers, Homemade Whipped Avocado+ Green Tea Creme
    Seal w/ Dabur Vatika Oil, Castor oil
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I checked out the link via the owner's FB page (her hair IS BEAUTIFUL btw) but it had some ingredients in it I didn't love, so I'm gonna pass.
    comic-p.jpg
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Essence wrote: »
    any updates on this gel?

Niathebee on YT made videos using it but she hasnt actually reviewed it.

Application
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBYI9qaPUoc

Day 2 hair
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i8o-yNOzbA
    She reviewed it in depth on her blog. itsjusthair is the name of it
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
    Thanks ya'll. I wasnt gonna try it just wanted to know if anyone reviewed it.
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    jeweld wrote: »
    wondercurl is essential wholesale jelly in jar. Save your money and buy a sample from the manufacturer.

WORD!? Its bulk base?? Oh how disappointing. I hope she owned up to that if so, cause otherwise there's gonna be a lot of heat...
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • msjaimmsjaim Posts: 948Registered Users

YEp shes 100% right:

http://www.essentialwholesale.com/product_p/553.htm
    msjaim wrote: »

YEp shes 100% right:

http://www.essentialwholesale.com/product_p/553.htm

Ooooooh, I'm so glad I didn't order this! Just another reason why I love this site.
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    Wow she's in Belleville. That's 10 minutes away.
  • msjaimmsjaim Posts: 948Registered Users

WORD!? Its bulk base?? Oh how disappointing. I hope she owned up to that if so, cause otherwise there's gonna be a lot of heat...

of course she didnt own up to it. this is copied directly from the site"
    I started Wonder Curl for two reasons: I wanted curlies to have a website where they can get valuable information on their hair ― how to care for it, style it and maximize their gorgeous curls; and because I wanted to make styling curly hair more simple and streamlined. Using four different products in my hair to achieve the look I desired wasn't feasible for me anymore. I was at a point in my life where I really wanted a change. When I asked myself what was my passion, the first thing that popped into my head was 'my curly hair.' And with that, Wonder Curl was born.

I became obsessed with creating the perfect gel that cuts down on styling time and creates the type of hair that curlies want: smooth, frizz-free and shiny with movement and touchable softness.
    Wonder Curl was born out of tenacity and creativity along with a love and desire for beautiful curls. I hope you will love Wonder Curl's products as much as I and Wonder Curl's customers do."

I mean. I get folks are on that chase for cheddar, but when ppl do it @ all costs... just wreaks of shadyness. I know some folks on here get a lil defensive of small business, but my thing is at least be honst W/ your sh!.t. Dont make it seem like u sat up in your kitchen or with some chemist and created a product when u know you didnt.

you can get 1/2 gallon ( 64 oz) on essential wholesale for $20.64 . She charges $25.00 for 16 OZ..lol
    msjaim wrote: »

of course she didnt own up to it. this is copied directly from the site"
    I started Wonder Curl for two reasons: I wanted curlies to have a website where they can get valuable information on their hair ― how to care for it, style it and maximize their gorgeous curls; and because I wanted to make styling curly hair more simple and streamlined. Using four different products in my hair to achieve the look I desired wasn't feasible for me anymore. I was at a point in my life where I really wanted a change. When I asked myself what was my passion, the first thing that popped into my head was 'my curly hair.' And with that, Wonder Curl was born.

I became obsessed with creating the perfect gel that cuts down on styling time and creates the type of hair that curlies want: smooth, frizz-free and shiny with movement and touchable softness.
    Wonder Curl was born out of tenacity and creativity along with a love and desire for beautiful curls. I hope you will love Wonder Curl's products as much as I and Wonder Curl's customers do."

I mean. I get folks are on that chase for cheddar, but when ppl do it @ all costs... just wreaks of shadyness. I know some folks on here get a lil defensive of small business, but my thing is at least be honst W/ your sh!.t. Dont make it seem like u sat up in your kitchen or with some chemist and created a product when u know you didnt.

you can get 1/2 gallon ( 64 oz) on essential wholesale for $20.64 . She charges $25.00 for 16 OZ..lol

smh! Jasmine's Bath and Beauty is bulk base, but at least she owns up. Gotta own up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    Did ya'll see the review she left?

star5.gif Love this base March 4, 2010 Reviewer: Scarlett Rocourt from Belleville , NJ United States After several attempts with different bases for my Get Set Hair Jelly, I found using this base was perfect. I only needed to add a few extra ingredients to customize it, more so than any other base around.

star5.gif Love this base March 4, 2010 Reviewer: Scarlett Rocourt from Belleville , NJ United States After several attempts with different bases for my Get Set Hair Jelly, I found using this base was perfect. I only needed to add a few extra ingredients to customize it, more so than any other base around.

Haha yes! that was dumb

Oh and her "few extra ingredients" are just fragrance.
    Daily Moisture: Hibiscus tea+Aubrey Organics White Camellia Spritz, Yes to Cucumbers, Homemade Whipped Avocado+ Green Tea Creme

ooh... NOT GOOD!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • cheveuxboucléscheveuxbouclés Posts: 1,111Registered Users

So I am a little lost...is she adding ingredients to the base and calling it something else or just selling the base? Is that legal?!
    WOW!!!!! I can't.
    YouTube
    curlylcp wrote: »

So I am a little lost...is she adding ingredients to the base and calling it something else or just selling the base? Is that legal?!

It's legal to buy a base a resell it. A base is considered an ingredient people would use to make formulas in general.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    Hold up...so you guys are telling me that I can get this aloe gel - http://www.essentialwholesale.com/product_p/278.htm and use it like my beloved AV gel?!?!?!
    YouTube
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow.. I just read the ingredient list..and if someone lives in a very humid climate and tries to use this stuff.. goodness... can you say poodle do ? Cause all those humectants are bound to poof the hair.. rather than elongate any curls. LOL!
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
    ellepixie wrote: »
    Hold up...so you guys are telling me that I can get this aloe gel - http://www.essentialwholesale.com/product_p/278.htm and use it like my beloved AV gel?!?!?!

yep, shipping can be pricey though.

I always buy products on clearance or wait for specials

Yes girl!! Remember that Essential Wholesale group purchase that Goobernut organized and how some ladies have "EWAJ" in their siggies or mention it in the General Discussion room? That's the gel!!!

yeah the shipping is the only reason I haven't bought it yet, but that and the aloe butter has been calling my name.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte

This is Duchess of Curls without the Lavender EO added. If you haven't already, you may want to check this thread before purchasing some of your products: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=93910
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unique4meunique4me Posts: 135Registered Users
    I will pass on this product also. Ingredients like alcohol denatured are very drying for my hair.
    Hair type 4a
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    With denatured alcohol and witch hazel in the ingredients list I won't be trying it any time soon. Both dry out the hair.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I used it and it's not heavy enough for me to use on my own. Maybe I could use it under a heavier gel to wet down my hair but it's not a stand alone styler for me. Then again, neither is aloe gel.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    kathymack wrote: »

This is Duchess of Curls without the Lavender EO added. If you haven't already, you may want to check this thread before purchasing some of your products: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=93910

That's what I do now. Ever since it was discovered that Jasmine's Babassu Conditioner was found here, I always check now. That way, if I like something that is just straight up base with scent, I can just cut the middle man out.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
    Wow! I didn't know Jasmine's was a base, I love that conditioner! Not mad though because it really smells ridiculous. However, I won't be ordering from her again and will get my own fragrance oils to add!

You ladies, once again, are the ish!
    YouTube
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow! I didn't know Jasmine's was a base, I love that conditioner! Not mad though because it really smells ridiculous. However, I won't be ordering from her again and will get my own fragrance oils to add!

You ladies, once again, are the ish!

Loving the new avi! :blob3:
    comic-p.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file