Lightweight product to help SOTC

curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
I've SOTC with bare hands but I'd like to try a lightweight product that would add shine and perhaps a little definition. Nothing heavy. I have porous 3A hair not as thick as I would like it to be! Recommendations?

Thanks!
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• jenny curljenny curl Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Try a tiny bit of jojoba or coconut oil rubbed between ur palms before you SOTC. That should give you a soft shine....
    3b/c :: Fine :: Porous

I:love5: My Hair
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Ok - will do! I tried avocado oil but it just looked greasy. I think from reading these threads coconut oil is lighter. Thanks!
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • blubutterfly04blubutterfly04 Registered Users Posts: 104 Curl Neophyte
    Ive used a teeny bit of olive oil too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CG since 9-1-09, Modified CG 1/10.3a/3b mix
    Low Porosity
    No Co-Washing, Using Mild Shampoos, Lo-poos: Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Moisture Shampoo, Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
    Low-poo/Clarifiers: ACV rinses
    Leave in's: Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
    DT's: Coconut Oil, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque,
    Stylers: AG:recoil, LA Looks Mega Hold Gel,
    ** Air dry ONLY, I love plopping!**
  • CopaseticCopasetic Registered Users Posts: 222
    I always use a bit of coconut oil. It always leaves my hair shiny.
    co-wash: exact vanilla
    rinse out: tresseme naturals
    leave-in: giovanni direct leave-in
    stylers: kccc + he totally twisted mousse + coconut oil to sotc
    Thanks blu! And if I don't use the olive oil in my hair, I can always use it on my salad. I actually already have that so I can try it.

Copasetic, I'm going to go to my local health food store tomorrow (right across the st. lucky me) and get cocoanut oil. I have a feeling that it's lighter than the other oils. Gracias!
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Registered Users Posts: 5,844 Curl Neophyte
    If you order online I like the Wild Woozle pomade CurlMart carries. I've found it lighter than most oils. I also like Shescentit's Gillian butter and my own whipped shea.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Thanks Jess. I think I'll try that pomade first, since the oils I've tried so far are too greasy. Did you ever try cocoanut oil? Meanwhile, I am too lazy to whip up anything for my hair :toothy8:
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Registered Users Posts: 5,844 Curl Neophyte
    I've used coconut oil but I had to be very careful not to overdo it. And the straight smell of the oil lingers (everything lingers in my hair). I looooove coconut oil as a prepoo or DT though. Plus if your hair doesn't like it you can still use it to cook with. Eggs are yummy fried in it.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• *Angela**Angela* Registered Users Posts: 251
    Another vote for jojoba oil. You don't need much and it works great for shine.
    3b. Normal porosity. Medium texture. Low elasticity.

CONDITIONERS: GVP The Detangler, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta, Suave Pomegranate Splash, KC Knot Today

LEAVE-IN: Shea Moisture Shea Butter (LOVE!)

STYLERS: CJ Curl Queen (LOVE!), Biotera Gel, LA Looks Sports Gel, AOMM
  • jenny curljenny curl Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Jojoba oil is the bomb! LOL. And so is coconut, but probably because I'm mostly just infatuated with it's aroma ;)
    3b/c :: Fine :: Porous

I:love5: My Hair
  • JusduitJusduit Registered Users Posts: 578 Curl Neophyte
    Here's another thread which also has some more great suggestions for SOTC.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=99371

ETA: and here's another one..... http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=90343&highlight=SOTC+products

Okay, I'm done :smile:
    3a (protein sensitive)
    Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Cleansers: Mop-C Hydrating Shampoo, JCGLS
    Conditioners: CJCR, TJTTT
    Leave-in: CJCR, CK Satin Roots
    Stylers: UFDCM, CJPP
    Standby items:GVP K-Pak
    Jess, Angela and Santini - WoW Thank you for all the reponses! I still haven't gotten anything but I'm such a pj I might try both jojoba oil and cocoanut oil. I'm trying to restrain myself though.

Jusduit - thank you for the threads! I can't say I don't have enough info now. (((hugs))) to you for all that. :icescream: (Ice cream smiley for sweetness.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file