Joico Curl Definer to swap

AlexaAlexa Posts: 208Registered Users
I have a nearly full tube (200ml) of Joico Curl Definer Creme/Gel.
I thought it would be a good time-saver but i really get better resuts with layering creme & gel myself.

At the moment I mostly use Elucence condish, Trevor Sorbie hair creme & Angel. I would swap for one of these or I am open to trying something new.
I just don't want to have a product doing nothing in the back of my cupboard!
U.K curly

3A Curly Twirly.
Golden brown (coloured to cover grey).
Low poo: Dr Organic, L'Oreal Everpure.
Conditioner: Dr Organic Argan Oil.
Leave In: Aussie, Curl Harmony.
Gel: Curl Keeper Original, Umberto Gianni.

Comments

• lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Just curious, but is this CG-friendly? I haven't heard of it before! :oops:
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • AlexaAlexa Posts: 208Registered Users
    tinicurlyd wrote:
    If u were to just sell this how much ? (shipping inluded )

Hi Tinycurld, are you in the USA?
    I'm not sure how much it would cost to send products to the USA but costs have gone up a lot recently & going off the postage costs here on NC.com & other sites the postage usually costs more than the product!
    U.K curly

3A Curly Twirly.
    lushaholic wrote:
    Just curious, but is this CG-friendly? I haven't heard of it before! :oops:

Hi Lush, here are the ingredients:
    Aqua, polyquaterniun-37, hydroxypropyl cocodimonium hydrolized keratin, aleurites moluccana seed oil, avacado oil, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyimide-1, sorbitol, propylene glycol, ppg-1 tiideceth-6, vp/dmapa acrylates copolymer, 10-dopropynyl butylcarbamate, diazolidinyl urea, parfum, benzyl benzoate, limonene, hexyl cinnamal, butylphenyl methylpropional.

I bought it from the salon I go to, they use a lot of Joico products & they are usually pretty good, I bought this to try because it had no cones.
    U.K curly

3A Curly Twirly.
  • jennyfurrensjennyfurrens Posts: 708Registered Users
    Hi Alexa, I've got a tube of the (new formula - clear and blue bottle) Trevor Sorbie Curl Cream that I just don't use as it doesnt work for me (but i loved the old formula!) I'd love to try the joico cream/gel as I love the softness of cream but the hold of gels! I also have lots of bottles of Wella back to basics green tea gel - i bought about 5 when it first worked for me but i now kno that even the water soluble cone - dimethicone copolopyl - is too much cone for my hair! if that doesnt tickle your fancy then I could chip in a bit of money alongside the trevor sorbie as i think the joico is quite expensive normally no?

cleanse: OS shampoo. PureNuffStuff cleanser.
    condition: Aussie 3MM. Jessicurl Aloeba.
    style: B2Basics GreenTeaGel. T&G Curl Balm. JCarter Nourish&Shine.

pw: curlywurly
    Hi Jenny,

I havent tried either of these so I am open to experimentation! I would probably try the new TS creme eventually anyway & I have used the B2B condish before & found it OK so I am open to trying the gel.

I don't mind anything with the 'lighter' cones as I use non-sulph 'poo regularly, I just stay clear of that nasty cyco...?...zane.

The Curl Definer cost £9.50, I wouldn't mind if it worked for me but I'd rather just swap it & try something else than add it to the product graveyard!

Alexa x
    U.K curly

3A Curly Twirly.
    ok cool - so you're using the old formula of the Trevor Sorbie? Where can you still find it?! I have half a tube of it and I savour it like theres no tomorrow. The new one didnt really work for me, they put PETROLEUM in it which is hard to remove without shampoo, just to warn you. The gel does work well if you use a LITTLE. It dries quite crispy and thin but does scrunch out. It does give great hold and keeps frizz down. I've had best results with it over a cream and mixed with a tiny bit of water in my hand to water it down :)

If you'd still like the TS cream just say, but I'd understand if you want to pass cos of the petroleum. let me go check my product box to see what else I could swap :wink:

ok cool - so you're using the old formula of the Trevor Sorbie? Where can you still find it?! I have half a tube of it and I savour it like theres no tomorrow.

I hapened to buy 3 for 2 before it went out of circulation so I'm still using up my stash!
    The new one didnt really work for me, they put PETROLEUM in it which is hard to remove without shampoo, just to warn you.
    Where is the Petroleum on the list? I can't find any in my other products so I don't know what it would be like on my hair.

The gel sounds OK though, lately I have been watering down my gel a bit so that I can use it in a spray, I get better distribution like this
    so something with good hold works well.
    xx
    U.K curly

3A Curly Twirly.
    it's about third or fourth on the list. and most curlies stay away from it if they dont shampoo as it causes buildup and is hard to remove. i can still send you the tube as i just dont use it and its worth to try...but if it doesnt work i dont mind transfering you a wee bit of money to make up the cost of the joico? the gel is nice, it's quite natural. it has shea butter, green tea and aloe gel all high up the list with not many chemical ingredients. i got it from sallys and it was about £6 but it lasts ages as its quite thick and you dont need much!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file