Product advice for 3b/3c

danicurlsdanicurls Registered Users Posts: 5
I have relaxed hair (since early childhood) but my curl pattern remains and I wear my hair curly in warmer weather since I can wash and go. I am African-American and have 3b/3c curls and always have an issue with curl shrinkage and frizz. I am considering Mixed Chicks, Hair Rules, Miss Jessie's, Kinky Curly, Blended Beauty. I have only used products I can find in Wal-mart in the past. Comments about these product lines? Below are pics with my hair roller-set and air-dried. Thanks!

Comments

• multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    Let me just say that your hair is beautiful -- both curly and straight. Your hair looks to be of medium texture, so you should be able to use a variety of products and ingredients with little problem. However, since your hair is chemically processed, you probably need more moisture and protein than if your hair was not chemically altered.

I have used the Blended Beauty Curly Frizz Pudding with success. I used it as a styler over my conditioner. I stopped buying it because it was too expensive. However, it lasts a long time, so that evens out the price. This product helped with my halo frizz.

I've also used the Kinky Kurly Curling Custard and Kinky Kurly [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Knot Today[/buylink]. I love KKCC. It is an awesome product. The KKKT didn't work for me because it wasn't heavy enough, but my hair is coarse and needs products with shea butter or cocoa butter. But my boyfriend who has fine hair loves it. It is a great product, but I don't have the right hair type for it. It would probably work for you, though, because your hair is medium texture.

A cheap conditioner that works well is Aura's Naturalle Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner. It is at Sally's and only $6. I love it! It's the knock-off version of Aveda's Cherry Almond Bark conditioner.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • danicurlsdanicurls Registered Users Posts: 5
    Thank you for the compliment and advice. I will definitely check out Sally's.
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    Although my hair is very different, it prefers the products from the more natural lines. KCCC is fine and something everyone should try. I, too, don't find it moisturizing enough. A line you may want to look into is Curl Junkie. There are a lot of products that might be of interest to you. There is lots of information on the website about the products (CurlMart has them, too, with all of the ingredients) and the owner, Marsha, is very helpful with product selection.

Some other products that might be of interest are: Spiral Solutions, Donna Marie, Komaza, Shescentit and Darcy's Botanicals.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file