Mop Top Hair Products...Any Reviews?

caramelsensationcaramelsensation Posts: 61Registered Users
Has anyone tried Mop Top hair products especially on type 4 hair....Am particularly interested in the rinse out conditioner, leave in and deep conditioner...thanks in advance
event.png
Poo: Creme Of Nature
Co-Wash: Tigi Mositure Maniac, Elucence MBC, L'Occitane Aromachologie Conditioner
Leave in: Kinky Curly Knot, Yes To Cucumber,
Elucence MBC, Qhemets Heavy Cream And Hydrating Balm
Oils: Almond Oil
Deep Treatment: Ouidad Moisture Treatment,
Fekkai Protein Rx Treatment
Styler: KCCC, Komaza Pudding, Qhemets Honey Bush Gel

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm a 2, but I use them. I also like Fuzzy Duck a lot.

HTH
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use the all of the conditioners and they are great. It leaves my hair very soft. The portein and shea combination gives me more volume than I want at times that's only a minor con.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • caramelsensationcaramelsensation Posts: 61Registered Users
    I use the all of the conditioners and they are great. It leaves my hair very soft. The portein and shea combination gives me more volume than I want at times that's only a minor con.

how was it during detangling?
    event.png
    Poo: Creme Of Nature
    Co-Wash: Tigi Mositure Maniac, Elucence MBC, L'Occitane Aromachologie Conditioner
    Leave in: Kinky Curly Knot, Yes To Cucumber,
    Elucence MBC, Qhemets Heavy Cream And Hydrating Balm
    Oils: Almond Oil
    Deep Treatment: Ouidad Moisture Treatment,
    Fekkai Protein Rx Treatment
    Styler: KCCC, Komaza Pudding, Qhemets Honey Bush Gel

how was it during detangling?

It is excellent. I put it very close with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Knot Today[/buylink]. The Deep conditioner was even better than the Daily condish for detangling.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I love the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Mop-Top-Deep-Conditioner-p-719.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=moptop-deep-conditioner]Mop Top Deep Conditioner[/buylink]. It's one of the few DC that provides protein while at the same time moisturizing my hair. My hair is also detangled.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • mikosbellemikosbelle Posts: 363Registered Users
    Mop Top conditioner are the bomb. I have the liter sizes of the leave it in conditioner and the daily conditioner. I also have a small shampoo, which I love the smell.

These conditioners are moisturizing, detangle easy and are very underated. I like using the devacurl one conditioner and the mop top leave it in conditioner as combo stylers. You only need a dab of the leave it in. It reminds me of curls jel les c in terms of the consistency.

HTH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]4A hair type, looking for healthy hair suggestions and improved styling techniques

my hair pics:
    http://public.fotki.com/mikosbelle/
    no pw needed

Currently experimeting with: MOP TOP :smurf:

My staple product lines are Qhemet, Afroveda, Kinky-Curly, Oyin, and Curl Junkie :D

Favorite combo: Afroveda pur whipped gelly + Kinky-Curly Curling Custard:angel8:
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    mikos did you call the company to order the liter sizes??
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    empressri wrote: »

Hey Sensei Ri,

Naw chile, I lucked up this time. St. Louis loves mop top and a few of the curly focused salons here retail the liter sizes. The salon I get mine from, Bouffant Daddy in Kirkwood, runs a consistent special where if you buy 3 products you get 20% off the total purchase price. That is how I got my liter sized bottles for the low-low :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]4A hair type, looking for healthy hair suggestions and improved styling techniques

my hair pics:
    no pw needed

My staple product lines are Qhemet, Afroveda, Kinky-Curly, Oyin, and Curl Junkie :D

Favorite combo: Afroveda pur whipped gelly + Kinky-Curly Curling Custard:angel8:
    mikosbelle wrote: »

Hey Sensei Ri,

Naw chile, I lucked up this time. St. Louis loves mop top and a few of the curly focused salons here retail the liter sizes. The salon I get mine from, Bouffant Daddy in Kirkwood, runs a consistent special where if you buy 3 products you get 20% off the total purchase price. That is how I got my liter sized bottles for the low-low :)

Thanks!

I live in KC and make trips to STL from time to time. I'll be sure to look this up.

SL APL BSL MBL
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

I ordered mine from the company.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!

Hey Sensei Ri,

Thanks!

I live in KC and make trips to STL from time to time. I'll be sure to look this up.

Hey, I did not know you from KC. Let me know next time you come through this way, maybe we can meet or something. It is nice to know that you are on the other side of the state :)

my hair pics:
    no pw needed

Hey Sensei Ri,

Thanks!

Hey, I did not know you from KC. Let me know next time you come through this way, maybe we can meet or something. It is nice to know that you are on the other side of the state :)

Defintely! :sunny:

SL APL BSL MBL
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    bump, any newer reviews?
  • Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    Hey Cerendipity! I LOVE the Daily Conditioner, I've been using it consistently for about a year. Great slip, very moisturizing, and has a nice balance of protein and moisturizers in the ingredients. I re-upped during the recent curlmart BOGO, and also got the deep condish to finally try out since I've heard really good things about it over the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Curlypad?feature=mhum

comic-p.jpg
  • naturalyogininaturalyogini Posts: 430Registered Users
    I used to use the deep conditioner. Although it did moisturize, it had absolutely no slip, didn't absorb into my hair and I could not detangle with it. I eventually stopped using it and just recently threw the remainder away. One more thing. It's quite pepperminty, which irritated my scalp, So leaving it on longer than an hour or overnight was out of the question. HTH

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file