I just don't trust the owner of Donna Marie

curlykyecurlykye Posts: 430Registered Users
Not only is she screwing up her own business (sidenote: TOO FREQUENT product changes is my main issue with this chick...just to give you history...I ordered 2 jars of the Miracurl Jelly when she 1st created it and in a couple of months time she changed the formulation like 3 times. I then saw a youtube video where a youtuber did a not so nice review on the product andgot hers exchanged because the owner said it was from a bad batch. So then when I emailed her asking her if I could at least exchange 1 jar of the old/not even 1 month old formulation she flat out told me no...that she would only exchange it if it was from a bad batch. I was like "Heffa how do you know if it was or wasn't from a bad batch if you didn't ask me anything about my product or my purchase??!!" and not to mention "If the formulation was changed so many times in the 1st couple of months...now mind you the 1st formulation was not promoted as it being in testing phase...then how in the hell am I supposed to know that the 1st formulation was not a bad batch?" or "Is it because I am not a youtuber or blogger who can spread the negative review to the masses?"...but I disgress :angry7: ) she is giving other businesses a bad rap...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgVGSrvtC3Y

Monique...sorry you have to go through this with that woman...she definitely needs to fit some business classes in during her spare time of changing her products so doggone much! :thumbdown:

She is definitely 1 vendor that my money can't groove with!

WOOSA! Relax, Relate, Release! *Whitley Gilbert style*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Relaxer: December 2007
Last Chop of Relaxed Ends/Officially 100% Natural: April 19, 2009

http://public.fotki.com/CurlyKye/

Join me at www.sparkpeople.com (If you look for me, I'm "KyeIsGettingFit")

Comments

• rachelolivia2010rachelolivia2010 Posts: 372Registered Users
    Hm, i thought about ordering from her before. I heard good reviews about her awhile ago (Christmas time). But i guess things change...I wonder why she keeps changing the formulation a lot...
    awnmvgt87.png
    4a/OS/FN/Spongy
    Co-Wash: Vo5 Herbal Escapes Moisturizing Conditioner Free Me Freesia With Aloe Extract & Aussie Moist
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT & seal with shea butter.
    Gel/Styler: KCCC or EcoStyler for edges.
    I think my hair likes cones... :)
  • PrettycurlsPrettycurls Posts: 1,482Registered Users
    Sorry such a bad experience.
    Have:
    4a Tailbone

http://members.fotki.com/Prettycurls/about/ pw:curlspretty

• afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've read about complaints before she became a big name. It seemed like everything was worked out and now it seems to be on the slide again.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • jada1111jada1111 Posts: 829Registered Users
    It's not so much that I don't trust her, because I like the Super Butter Creme and Miracurl Gelly (new formulation), but she does need to take a PAUSE on her online business for a few until things can get worked out.

I heard the owner of Kinky Curly had these same issues not too long ago with being unable to keep stock in the stores. I knew at least two that were not happy with her stocking issues, but I didn't care, because I don't like KC.

I literally waited three months to get this gel. I wanted to get it in the beginning of February, but of course it was out of stock. They posted that it wouldn't be in stock until 2/24 (or something), then they pushed it back AGAIN to 3/5. After 3/5 gets here, she puts that preorder mess down saying it wouldn't be shipped until 3/18. Da f___k??

I said F' it and preordered on 3/6 patiently waiting for it to be shipped out. I'm not gonna lie though, I was waiting for ANOTHER push back date. What's messed up is that it DID happen, but for other folks. I was like "Whoo! So glad I dodged that *ish."

What's really sad, is that it's an excellent product, but imo Curls Gel-es'c works the same. The Gel-es'c is overly expensive to me for an 8 oz gel/serum ($25-$29) compared to $20 for 18 oz with the Miracurl.

Fortunately, I have enough to last me until the summer time, because I plan on alternating it with other stuff. It's not an HG, but it could be if I could depend upon it being around for awhile.
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

http://public.fotki.com/jada1111/
    PW: flower
  • lashon20lashon20 Posts: 1,150Registered Users
    Yeah that's why I'm glad I stopped buying her stuff after that black friday sale. She changed her stuff not that long after i started using her products. The last cocoa hemp buttermilk I got was totally different from the one before. The color, consistency, and scent were totally different. The last one I got was real thick, darker color, and different scent. Not only that but the amount in the bottle wasn't even 8 ounces. She had sent me a 8oz bottle with only 6oz in it. When I emailed her about it she claimed the smell probably changed from it sitting on the ups truck.
    http://mynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com/

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was really excited to try the Gelly and Super Butter Cream...but am now over it with all these complaints, stuff not being in stock, etc...and I've discovered Curl Junkie! And her shipping is just insane. While my PJ was itching waiting for the Gelly, I was about to just order the Butter Cream on its own, and the shipping was $13.70!! I RARELY complain about shipping, but that mess was more than the $12 product! Womp womp on that.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ellepixie wrote: »
    I was really excited to try the Gelly and Super Butter Cream...but am now over it with all these complaints, stuff not being in stock, etc...and I've discovered Curl Junkie! And her shipping is just insane. While my PJ was itching waiting for the Gelly, I was about to just order the Butter Cream on its own, and the shipping was $13.70!! I RARELY complain about shipping, but that mess was more than the $12 product! Womp womp on that.

Yeah, her shipping just about floored me which was I felt compelled to order another Super Butter Creme in addition to the gel. In another thread, someone said her gel came, but the post office left a message saying they couldn't deliver it until she paid $2 in extra postage! Come on now!

Granted, I don't know what she ordered, but it couldn't have that much too warrant $15 shipping.
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

• curlykinky21curlykinky21 Posts: 112Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Seems like major growing pains to me.

To the OP...you should try contacting the owner again about your situation. I've read on here a few times that they replaced products for people and those folks weren't on youtube.

They def need to get a handle on their manufacturer situation though....but I guess all companies go through growing pains.
    jada1111 wrote: »

Yeah, her shipping just about floored me which was I felt compelled to order another Super Butter Creme in addition to the gel. In another thread, someone said her gel came, but the post office left a message saying they couldn't deliver it until she paid $2 in extra postage! Come on now!

Granted, I don't know what she ordered, but it couldn't have that much too warrant $15 shipping.

Is the company charging these shipping charges or is the Post office/ups/whatever?
    jada1111 wrote: »

Is the company charging these shipping charges or is the Post office/ups/whatever?

Don't know. You would think $14 would cover priority shipping for the entire US (minus Hawaii).
    Jada1111

• clbussieclbussie Posts: 115Registered Users
    Boy, am I glad I picked up the gelly at a local co-op, but it'll prob be the last bottle I buy.
    First Big Chop 5/27/09
    2nd Big Chop 9/11/2009
    Texture: 4a/4b
    My Blog: www.naturallyfab.wordpress.com
    Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/cbussie
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Flat rate boxes range from $10.35 to $14.00 and will hold a lot of product...I still don't understand why companies aren't taking advantage of the flat rate boxes. I do believe the boxes are free to them.

Shipping supplies such as tape, bubble wrap, etc. should be included in the price of the product.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    Lololol. I'm not laughing at the OP but at this chick.

When she launched she did some shady crap on NP but no little ole PJ me gave her a shot. That trial package boiled up to be like me using conditioner.

I wasn't impressed and kept it moving. I ordered the lock twist and hemp butter last year wasn't impressed. Then I see this MiraCurl and yanno it worked but then I started seeing some real bad business practices.

I'm not repurchasing anything from her again. I'm not willing to purchase from anyone else either. What if they get a bad batch, or once again a new formulation. She hasn't been consistent enough for me.

Just like Afroveda another one bites the dust.
  • dee-naturedee-nature Posts: 630Registered Users
    whose monique and wht does she have 2 do with this whole thing?.. i have been wanting 2 try her stuff since january, i heard great things and i like the ingredients. I dont care that she changes her formula as long as shes putting better stuff into it. Now she unprofessional 4 not allowing u too get the new formula.
    Her curl gelly and lock twist pudding have been out of stock since i could remember and every time i check her site nothing has changed , now tht i hear shipping is as much as it is imma try 2 get it from somewhere else like goodhairmart.com

sorry 4 ur experience I feel ur pain, im still trying 2 sale all my devacare products.:angry6:
    hair type: 4a VERY dense u39v2snfy.png

hair goal
    = WL Aug. 23, 2013

My hair LOVES oil
    :love5:
    2. "Being natural must be the new crack cus im hooked!!":afro:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is
    perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”:wav:

www.fotki.com/dee-nature-619

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator

When she launched she did some shady crap on NP but no little ole PJ me gave her a shot. That trial package boiled up to be like me using conditioner.

I wasn't impressed and kept it moving. I ordered the lock twist and hemp butter last year wasn't impressed. Then I see this MiraCurl and yanno it worked but then I started seeing some real bad business practices.

I'm not repurchasing anything from her again. I'm not willing to purchase from anyone else either. What if they get a bad batch, or once again a new formulation. She hasn't been consistent enough for me.

Just like Afroveda another one bites the dust.[/quote]
    +1
    dee-nature wrote: »
    whose monique and wht does she have 2 do with this whole thing?.. i have been wanting 2 try her stuff since january, i heard great things and i like the ingredients. I dont care that she changes her formula as long as shes putting better stuff into it. Now she unprofessional 4 not allowing u too get the new formula.
    Her curl gelly and lock twist pudding have been out of stock since i could remember and every time i check her site nothing has changed , now tht i hear shipping is as much as it is imma try 2 get it from somewhere else like goodhairmart.com

sorry 4 ur experience I feel ur pain, im still trying 2 sale all my devacare products.:angry6:

When I asked them about the Lock and Twist Pudding, they said that their supplier stop carrying an ingredient they used to make the product and so they were trying to find a replacement. *kanye shrug* They need to regroup and find suppliers/manufacturers that are stable cause its making them look bad.
  • Sandy CoilsSandy Coils Posts: 662Registered Users
    Thank goodness for this site. I tell you, this site has saved us untold amounts of money and frustration! :cussing:

LOL
    My Fotki

My Blog - A Day in the Life

Products:
    EVOO
    HEHH
    TresEmme Curl Moisture Conditioner
    Aloe Vera Gel
    Let's Jam

Hair Type: Kinky Coily

[SIGPIC]Me[/SIGPIC]
  • BlondeByDesireBlondeByDesire Posts: 40Registered Users
    Well all I have to say is that ... I finally got my order yesterday after waiting since March 5.

I haven't tried the products yet, but I have heard good reviews.

Will I reorder again if I like them - unlikely unless major changes are made. If I do order I will order through Good Hair Mart - turn around time is within 2 days - excellent shipping.
  • Princess246Princess246 Posts: 12Registered Users
    When I asked them about the Lock and Twist Pudding, they said that their supplier stop carrying an ingredient they used to make the product and so they were trying to find a replacement. *kanye shrug* They need to regroup and find suppliers/manufacturers that are stable cause its making them look bad.

That's too bad, I purchased the Lock and Twist Pudding a few weeks ago from local retailer and I really liked it. It was the first DM product I tried since at that time I couldn't get my hands on the gelly.

She definitely needs to get a handle on this issue with manufacturers it will cost her customers in the long run. Although I must say I have spoken to her she seems really nice answers, questions etc. and she responds to e-mails quickly. She just needs to keep her items in stock.

Well all I have to say is that ... I finally got my order yesterday after waiting since March 5.

I haven't tried the products yet, but I have heard good reviews.

Will I reorder again if I like them - unlikely unless major changes are made. If I do order I will order through Good Hair Mart - turn around time is within 2 days - excellent shipping.

Glad you received your package. I just received mine as well. I also heard great reviews, as mentioned above, I tried the Lock and Twist Pudding and liked it. I sure it was hope it was worth the wait.
  • mouseymousey Posts: 120Registered Users

monique is the owner of good hair mart, and when she opened she was selling the donna marie products. they sold out real fast (like in a day fast), and some people are still waiting for their orders because she is still waiting for her order from the company. now when monique has product in stock, she ships very fast. i ordered from her on a monday and got my product on thursday. she is really sweet too
    i cannot live without my aviators, my boston terrier, biology and black tights.:love7:
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    I just noticed that those two "coming soon" products have been removed from the site. There are only 7 products listed now, and of course the Curling Gelly is still showing sold out. My desire is rapidly cooling...
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i received one order from donna marie shortly after my bc. shortly after i ordered, it was discontinued. i didn't like the product anyway. sigh...
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Make a youtube video and maybe she'll respond to you
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
    CocoT wrote: »

Why not just use the old trusty telephone and make a phone call and ask to speak directly to the owner. Seems to me that nobody does that these days. That always helps me and I almost always get an instant response.
  • NaturallyCurlyEnnovyNaturallyCurlyEnnovy Posts: 992Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    CocoT wrote: »

Why not just use the old trusty telephone and make a phone call and ask to speak directly to the owner. Seems to me that nobody does that these days. That always helps me and I almost always get an instant response.

I originally purchased the Miracurl Curling Gelly in August or September of last year. Based on my personal experience with her she is very nice to you as long as you do not POST negative things about her product and either call or e-mail. I'm guessing she must visit the boards. Because she was so helpful until I posted something about her product that I didn't like which is pretty darn weird. Why should I not give my honest opinion of how I felt about the product and how my hair reacted.

Now it could be a coincidence, but I highly doubt it.
    YouTube & Twitter <<TheCurlyFitChic
    www.thecurlyfitchic.com
    Fotki<< Updated 2/10
  • HipsterSoulHipsterSoul Posts: 1,017Registered Users
    Whatever, I'll just stick to the classic oyin handmade. I don't even know who Donna or Monique is.
  • curlykyecurlykye Posts: 430Registered Users
    Sorry ladies...just to clarify Monique is the young lady in the video link in the OP and her nc.com name is CurlsKinksCoils.

@ NaturallyCurlyEnnovy *lmbo* I totally feel you! BTW, that was when I originally made my purchase as well.

I've been on this board for a little over 2 years and have read rave reviews about her products as well but have read and experienced less than stellar customer service and business practices. So I would think that 2 years (this is only how far back I can remember) would be more than enough time for some consistency and better business practices. I mean why should we have to settle. By "complaining" or praising...isn't that how a company knows whether they are on track or need to improve.

It just goes to show you that just because someone creates and sells a product...doesn't mean they know what they are doing with regards to running a business.

Which sucks cuz the pj in me so wanted to try the Miracurl too :cry: *haha*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Relaxer: December 2007
    Last Chop of Relaxed Ends/Officially 100% Natural: April 19, 2009

http://public.fotki.com/CurlyKye/

Join me at www.sparkpeople.com (If you look for me, I'm "KyeIsGettingFit")
  • dee-naturedee-nature Posts: 630Registered Users

thanks 4 the info sis
    hair type: 4a VERY dense u39v2snfy.png

hair goal
    = WL Aug. 23, 2013

My hair LOVES oil
    :love5:
    2. "Being natural must be the new crack cus im hooked!!":afro:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is
    perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”:wav:

www.fotki.com/dee-nature-619

• MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Like someone else said, I think she's just having some growing pains. My 2 bottles of DMMC have been the same. They are both the best gel I've ever used in my life. Buttercreme didn't do it for me, but my hair doesn't like a lot of creamy products (moisturizers, butters) so I sold it to some curly who was very excited to try it. Whenever I order from her site, shipping is about 5 days. Maybe it depends where you live :dontknow:
    comic-p.jpg
  • mikosbellemikosbelle Posts: 363Registered Users

Just like Afroveda another one bites the dust.

LOL, I too thought I was was the only one on here who remembered the shady practices that took place on NP.com and happycurls.com a few years back when the products first launched. I got the curly mimosa back then and it was like a runny soup. I forced the issue and got a return after all the shady stuff that took place. I see that "Boogy" still has not gotten her act together. I am so glad that I did not give her products another try. But sometimes we all live and learn. I hope everyone who has had issues can get them resolved and within a timely manner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]4A hair type, looking for healthy hair suggestions and improved styling techniques

my hair pics:
    http://public.fotki.com/mikosbelle/
    no pw needed

Currently experimeting with: MOP TOP :smurf:

My staple product lines are Qhemet, Afroveda, Kinky-Curly, Oyin, and Curl Junkie :D

Favorite combo: Afroveda pur whipped gelly + Kinky-Curly Curling Custard:angel8:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file