Color at home, then Deva cut? Or other way around?

85MR285MR2 Registered Users Posts: 226
I have an appt to get a cut with a Deva trained stylist this Thursday and I am SUPER excited! :)

My story: My last salon color was 6 months ago. I was still growing out some bleaching, so after a big trim we colored it medium brown. Now the ends that were bleached are turning orangy, the middle is faded to a lighter brown but still looks ok, and the roots are coming in a weird dark blonde that I can't pull off with out a tan that I'm not likely to get. I would like to try some at home color to make things cheaper, plus the nearest town with good salons is over an hour and a half away. So...

Question: Has anyone tried the Clariol Perfect 10? I had it recommended to me as a fool-proof color. And also, should I dye it before or after my cut?
CG since 2/23/10!

2B 3A mix, fine texture and high porosity at crown/bangs, normal elsewhere. I like protein!

Trying to grow out a short haircut.

WASH: Jessicurl Cleansing Cream (once every week or so)
CONDITION: Jessicurl Too Shea! or Aloeba Conditioner
STYLE: Jessicurl Gelebration Spray/Awe Inspiraling Spray

http://public.fotki.com/85MR2/ (PICS OF CG TRANSITION SO FAR) Need to update. No pics with the Jessicurl products yet, but I LOVE them!

Comments

• NaturalistaNaturalista Registered Users Posts: 5,491 Curl Neophyte
    85MR2 wrote: »
    I have an appt to get a cut with a Deva trained stylist this Thursday and I am SUPER excited! :)

My story: My last salon color was 6 months ago. I was still growing out some bleaching, so after a big trim we colored it medium brown. Now the ends that were bleached are turning orangy, the middle is faded to a lighter brown but still looks ok, and the roots are coming in a weird dark blonde that I can't pull off with out a tan that I'm not likely to get. I would like to try some at home color to make things cheaper, plus the nearest town with good salons is over an hour and a half away. So...

Question: Has anyone tried the Clariol Perfect 10? I had it recommended to me as a fool-proof color. And also, should I dye it before or after my cut?

Haven't tried Clairol Perfect 10, but I say do it after the cut. That way, its a total clean slate for the color and you can prepare your hair (DT) before doing the color on your freshly cut, healthy tresses.

I don't think there's a better or worse way but I say do color on hair that's at its freshest so your color can take better.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • 85MR285MR2 Registered Users Posts: 226
    Haven't tried Clairol Perfect 10, but I say do it after the cut. That way, its a total clean slate for the color and you can prepare your hair (DT) before doing the color on your freshly cut, healthy tresses.

I don't think there's a better or worse way but I say do color on hair that's at its freshest so your color can take better.

Thanks! I'm really scared to do the color myself, but I can't argue with the savings and convenience. I've watched stylists color my hair for years, I oughta be able to pull it off! Wish me luck.
    CG since 2/23/10!

2B 3A mix, fine texture and high porosity at crown/bangs, normal elsewhere. I like protein!

Trying to grow out a short haircut.

WASH: Jessicurl Cleansing Cream (once every week or so)
    CONDITION: Jessicurl Too Shea! or Aloeba Conditioner
    STYLE: Jessicurl Gelebration Spray/Awe Inspiraling Spray

http://public.fotki.com/85MR2/ (PICS OF CG TRANSITION SO FAR) Need to update. No pics with the Jessicurl products yet, but I LOVE them!
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Registered Users Posts: 5,491 Curl Neophyte
    85MR2 wrote: »

Thanks! I'm really scared to do the color myself, but I can't argue with the savings and convenience. I've watched stylists color my hair for years, I oughta be able to pull it off! Wish me luck.

Good luck!! Yeah I've done it box and with the 20-developer and as long as you follow the instructions and condition well, you should be fine.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    I always color after a cut- less hair to deal with. :)
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file