Nyc Meet Up!

1235»

Comments

• Nicky791Nicky791 Posts: 679Registered Users
    OoOoOoO....I can't wait!!!! Unlimited Mimosas, food, and natural hair? OMG...ya'll ganna think i'm an alcoholic!
    Last Relaxer: March 26 2009
    Mini Chop: January 16 2010
    BC: April 4 2010
    Transitioned for 1yr 9days!
    Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/Nicky791/about/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nicky791
  • NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    OK I made the reservations but here are some specifics:

1. OUR PARTY WILL BE CHARGED $10 PER PERSON THAT DOES NOT SHOW UP. Because our party is over 15 people, the max that can fit in their party room, they are having to reserve part of the restaurant for us as well. I know there are like 35 ladies signed up right now and a couple more have just asked to be put on the list, but I went the safe route and reserved for 25 people. There are some ladies on the list that haven't posted in a very long time so I'm not sure if they are coming. I don't want those of us who show up to get stuck paying for the ladies who did not come. The hostess said it would be better to reserve for too few people and we have to make room, rather than reserving to too many and we get charged.:sad1:

2. THE UNLIMITED MIMOSA'S ARE NOW $12.:shock: Same thing, unlimited mimosas with one purchase, but she said the price went up last week. She said champagne prices went up so they had to up the price of the unlimited mimosas. :confused4:

3. We have to be gone or leaving by 4:30 because that's when they set up for dinner and they have reservations starting at that time.
    Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
    Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
    Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:
  • CheveuxSauvageCheveuxSauvage Posts: 240Registered Users
    Thanks for setting it up, Nubian! I can't wait to see everyone there!

:blob8:
    [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]4a/3c [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]Normal porosity [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]High density [FONT=&quot]Ξ[/FONT] Medium-Coarse [FONT=&quot]Ξ[/FONT]
  • AwakenedDesiresAwakenedDesires Posts: 88Registered Users
    I just saw this thread. Please tell me it is not too late to join!
    4a/3c
    Last relaxer: 8/23/06
    BC: 10/24/07
  • bellepaysbellepays Posts: 38Registered Users
    Thank you Nubian Coils for making all of the arrangements. $12 will have to do! I hope we don't feel rushed since we'll end up ordering probably around 2:30? we shall see...I'm just glad to be getting a chance to see everyone. I'm also excited about playing musical chairs ;-P...so that I get a chance to meet everyone and hear all of your regimens ;-)
    4a/3c Product Junkie here!

Holy Grail - KCCC of course :blob7:

Really interested in more natural products but don't really like to mix them myself.

I think my hair LOVES oil but need to use them more.

Have done a Henna treatment once and am hoping to do another one soon.
    No problem, chicas!!! I'm just glad to be seeing everyone!!! Last time was the BOMB!! :binky:

AwakenedDesires you're on the list! My lurker friend can't come so I put you as number 34 on the list on page 3 of this thread.

As far as organization - I think that someone should step up and volunteer to be the heffah. You know, that woman who keeps us in line? The one who makes us all order so we're not just talking and milling around for an hour? The one who works with the wait staff to make sure we all order and no one is left out cause they were too busy running their mouth? The one who yells "QUIET!!!! Now we will play musical chairs" or "EVERYONE HUSH!! We're swapping now!!!" and keeps us on schedule. I would hate for us to be all over the place, enjoying ourselves and the next thing you know it's 4:15 and we just ordered and haven't swapped yet.:shock:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

• jeweldjeweld Posts: 140Registered Users
    No problem, chicas!!! I'm just glad to be seeing everyone!!! Last time was the BOMB!! :binky:

AwakenedDesires you're on the list! My lurker friend can't come so I put you as number 34 on the list on page 3 of this thread.

As far as organization - I think that someone should step up and volunteer to be the heffah. You know, that woman who keeps us in line? The one who makes us all order so we're not just talking and milling around for an hour? The one who works with the wait staff to make sure we all order and no one is left out cause they were too busy running their mouth? The one who yells "QUIET!!!! Now we will play musical chairs" or "EVERYONE HUSH!! We're swapping now!!!" and keeps us on schedule. I would hate for us to be all over the place, enjoying ourselves and the next thing you know it's 4:15 and we just ordered and haven't swapped yet.:shock:

I'd volunteer to be that heffah but I'll be thoroughly enjoying unlimited mimosas :occasion5:
    Poo: Giovanni TTT
    CoWash/Detangler: Any Suave on top of VO5, Yes to Cucumbers
    DT: Aubrey Organics White Camellia, Amla/ Coconut milk, Castor oil
    Styling Products: Yes to Cucumbers, EcoStyler, Longaid Curl Activator,
    Daily Moisture: Hibiscus tea+Aubrey Organics White Camellia Spritz, Yes to Cucumbers, Homemade Whipped Avocado+ Green Tea Creme
    Seal w/ Dabur Vatika Oil, Castor oil
  • UnrulyLionUnrulyLion Posts: 61Registered Users
    I'll announce ordering food and swapping times as long as everyone promises not to be mad at me for breaking up the fun every once in a while :occasion5:.

Maybe when its time to order/swap, I can ring the bell?

Also, in terms of ordering: we're supposed to meet there at 2pm and, let's be real, everyone is not gonna get there on time. That kind of poses a problem for ordering because it'd be easiest on the wait staff if it were all together. I was thinking maybe we could ask everyone to try their hardest to arrive on time- that way, we can all order by 2.30 the latest and have it be done...how does that sound? :toothy7: Oh! I know! Let's all pretend the meeting time is 1.30, that way we arrive at 2! :sign5:

Swap at 3.45? I think that'll allow us enough time to eat, no?

Shoot some suggestions at me, darlings!
    http://members.fotki.com/UnrulyLion/about/ *I update this about every 2 seconds :shock:*

Type: 3c
    Texture: Fine
    Density: Medium
    Porosity: Low (my hair dries, literally, in minutes)

I love shea butter and shea butter loves me :sunny:

event.png

event.png
  • Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Posts: 793Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I hope I'm still on the list Nubian Coils if not please re-add me. I look forward to coming.
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki
  • Nicky791Nicky791 Posts: 679Registered Users
    $8 OR $12 Mimosas, doesn't matter to me, it's still UNLIMITED!! Whoo hoo, can't wait!

Thanks for setting everything up NubianCoils! :)

OK I made the reservations but here are some specifics:

1. OUR PARTY WILL BE CHARGED $10 PER PERSON THAT DOES NOT SHOW UP. Because our party is over 15 people, the max that can fit in their party room, they are having to reserve part of the restaurant for us as well. I know there are like 35 ladies signed up right now and a couple more have just asked to be put on the list, but I went the safe route and reserved for 25 people. There are some ladies on the list that haven't posted in a very long time so I'm not sure if they are coming. I don't want those of us who show up to get stuck paying for the ladies who did not come. The hostess said it would be better to reserve for too few people and we have to make room, rather than reserving to too many and we get charged.:sad1:

2. THE UNLIMITED MIMOSA'S ARE NOW $12.:shock: Same thing, unlimited mimosas with one purchase, but she said the price went up last week. She said champagne prices went up so they had to up the price of the unlimited mimosas. :confused4:

3. We have to be gone or leaving by 4:30 because that's when they set up for dinner and they have reservations starting at that time.
    Last Relaxer: March 26 2009
    Mini Chop: January 16 2010
    BC: April 4 2010
    Transitioned for 1yr 9days!
    Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/Nicky791/about/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nicky791
    UnrulyLion wrote: »
    I'll announce ordering food and swapping times as long as everyone promises not to be mad at me for breaking up the fun every once in a while :occasion5:.

Also, in terms of ordering: we're supposed to meet there at 2pm and, let's be real, everyone is not gonna get there on time. That kind of poses a problem for ordering because it'd be easiest on the wait staff if it were all together. I was thinking maybe we could ask everyone to try their hardest to arrive on time- that way, we can all order by 2.30 the latest and have it be done...how does that sound? :toothy7: Oh! I know! Let's all pretend the meeting time is 1.30, that way we arrive at 2! :sign5:

Hello Heffah!!:tongue1:

Are you/can you be loud and obnoxious? I think that's going to be your biggest challenge with this. I think your shedule sounds perfect! Here are some suggestions:

1. I volunteer to be your back-up heffah. If you are yelling and no one is listening, I will yell. And LADIES! Ya'll don't want that cause I can get REALLY loud so let's all listen to UnrulyLion, shall we?:director:

2. I can bring a note pad and how about we do this? Their brunch menu is super simple (not many items on it) so what we can do is take orders as the ladies come in. Ladies, when you're ready to order, go to UnrulyLion ASAP, rather than waiting until 2:30 to order. 2:30 will be the cut off time. By that time we should have all the orders and all Unruly will have to do is hand the sheet of paper over to the waiter. That way it won't take the waiter 30 minutes to start going around to all of us starting at 2:30.

3. Ladies, let's not perpetuate the stereotype. Ya'll know what I mean. Can we get there at 1:50 please? Remember, the faster you get there the sooner you can start to take advantage of those mimosas!!!!! I know I plan to get there around 1:45 so I can see the set up. I also encourage UnrulyLion and CurlyTee to get there early to so we can all talk about how we're going to manage the musical chairs and the Heffah role. :viking: Remember it will be a bit tricky cause half of us will be in the main restaurant and the other half will be in the little party room. The two rooms are not at all far from each other, but they are two rooms none-the-less....

Holy Grails:

• UnrulyLionUnrulyLion Posts: 61Registered Users
    UnrulyLion wrote: »

Hello Heffah!!:tongue1:

Are you/can you be loud and obnoxious? I think that's going to be your biggest challenge with this. I think your shedule sounds perfect! Here are some suggestions:

1. I volunteer to be your back-up heffah. If you are yelling and no one is listening, I will yell. And LADIES! Ya'll don't want that cause I can get REALLY loud so let's all listen to UnrulyLion, shall we?:director:

2. I can bring a note pad and how about we do this? Their brunch menu is super simple (not many items on it) so what we can do is take orders as the ladies come in. Ladies, when you're ready to order, go to UnrulyLion ASAP, rather than waiting until 2:30 to order. 2:30 will be the cut off time. By that time we should have all the orders and all Unruly will have to do is hand the sheet of paper over to the waiter. That way it won't take the waiter 30 minutes to start going around to all of us starting at 2:30.

3. Ladies, let's not perpetuate the stereotype. Ya'll know what I mean. Can we get there at 1:50 please? Remember, the faster you get there the sooner you can start to take advantage of those mimosas!!!!! I know I plan to get there around 1:45 so I can see the set up. I also encourage UnrulyLion and CurlyTee to get there early to so we can all talk about how we're going to manage the musical chairs and the Heffah role. :viking: Remember it will be a bit tricky cause half of us will be in the main restaurant and the other half will be in the little party room. The two rooms are not at all far from each other, but they are two rooms none-the-less....

I will be there or be square! I dig your idea about writing it all down on a sheet of paper and then just hand it over to the waiter- smart!

And I can BE loud, but I'm not typically a loud person per se, but it should be okay. And, as you stated, you can be my back-up heffah, just in case haha.
    http://members.fotki.com/UnrulyLion/about/ *I update this about every 2 seconds :shock:*

Type: 3c
    Texture: Fine
    Density: Medium
    Porosity: Low (my hair dries, literally, in minutes)

I love shea butter and shea butter loves me :sunny:

event.png

event.png
  • PJ26PJ26 Posts: 66Registered Users
    I've been away from NC.com for waaaay too long!! Too late to drop my name in?! Would love, LOVE to join! A blogging buddy hinted to a meetup in NYC, and I'm eager to chat it up with fellow naturals!
    Back To Curly
    PJ certified over eight years ago
    KBB Hair Ambrosia
    EO's Moisture Rich Conditioner
    KBB Hair Cream (Daily for moisture/sealing)
    Curl Rehab (for those special TLC days)

*new love* Anita Grant's Rhassoul Clay Condish
    Work it out UnrulyLion! I will stand behind you while you yell, looking menacing so people will listen to you.:evil4:

PJ26 - Come on! Please see page 3 of this thread for the list of people coming and the details, menu, where it's at, etc. I have added you to the list.

Guys - I'm a little nervous. People keep asking to come but only TWO PEOPLE have told me they for sure can't make it. I know good and well that it would be a complete miracle if every. single. woman. that signed up comes to this. So I'm supposed to give the hostess the final number on Thursday, May 6. What should I do? If I give her a number that's over how many people will be there, we will be charge $10 for each person that's not there. But if I tell her a number that ends up being way too small, the restaurant might not be able to hold all of us cause other customers might take our seats! I'm scared.:eek:

Holy Grails:

• ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Windflower wrote: »
    ...But if I tell her a number that ends up being way too small, the restaurant might not be able to hold all of us cause other customers might take our seats! I'm scared.:eek:

I would be scared too...because if 10 people don't show...wow...that is an extra $100.

Hopefully, everyone will show and a good time will be had by all. :happy11:

Maybe we should say that everyone has to confirm if they're REALLY coming by May 6th, just to be sure? You could edit the title of the thread to say "please RSVP by May 6th" or something along those lines...I mean, its up to you ladies...I just know I don't have the extra $100 or even $50.

P.S. I was cracking up at the heffah title...NC, I can just picture you saying that IRL LOL

Unruly, thank you for stepping up! If it was a small group, I could definitely be that heffah. But if its going to be as many heffahs as it looks like, I might be a shy heffah.
    comic-p.jpg
  • CheveuxSauvageCheveuxSauvage Posts: 240Registered Users
    I agree that we should make it explicit that whoever is coming must re-RSVP by the 6th--actually, say by the 5th, because Nubian'll call the restaurant on the 6th and 4 or 5 more curlies will RSVP later in the day and she'll have to call back again and again :happy6:. I'm concerned about people who are definitely coming but who don't re-RSVP, but it's the safest route for us to avoid paying for those who don't show up. Hopefully a modified title will catch everyone's eye and nobody misses out!

As for musical chairs: do we grab our plates & drinks & stuff and move, or...? Eff it, I'll leave it up to the heffas :king: to figure it out!

Also, maybe if everyone gets a chance, we can check out the menu online ahead of time to speed up/simplify the ordering process.

Last call on the cetyl-stearyl alcohol for anyone who is interested...
    [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]4a/3c [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]Normal porosity [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]High density [FONT=&quot]Ξ[/FONT] Medium-Coarse [FONT=&quot]Ξ[/FONT]
    Ladies, I started another "confirmation" thread. Please read and RSVP on that thread. You can check page 3 of THIS thread to see if you have been confirmed or removed from the list of people coming. How does that sound? That's the best way I know to do it. People may not read this thread cause they might be thinking they already know what's going on. :-|:sad5:

Holy Grails:

• LhoreSpencerLhoreSpencer Posts: 474Registered Users
    OMG!!! I'm sooo excited about the amount of natural females who will be in attendance. Never had a mimosa... looking forward to the fact that it's unlimited though!!! Good food, great company, what more could we ask for... Please confirm me for this event NubianCoils!!!

Thanks... and see yall this Saturday... WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO:blob4::blob4::blob4::blob4:
    FdQlm4.png
    Falling deeper and deeper and deeper in :love4: with my beautiful mixture of springy, tight coils and super duper kinks.

*SIGH* Alas, I've come to accept my shrinkage and fairy knots :angry7:

There are no magic potions, concoctions, elixirs, or pills for hair growth, weight loss, or financial independence... so stop looking for a quick fix!!!
  • CurlyteeCurlytee Posts: 273Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I notice concerns about the musical chairs (changing our seats to meet others) Does anyone have any other suggestions on how a large group can interact with others?

Moving our plates, settings and drinks may not work, however what are the other options.

NubianCoils, I will get there by 1:15 and work out the final touches of my piece.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • broyalbroyal Posts: 2Registered Users
    I'm so sorry, please take me off the list for the meetup. I forgot that this is the weekend I'm going out of town for mother's day. I hope it isn't a big incovenience:sad:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file