Nyc Meet Up!

Comments

• AptlifeAptlife Posts: 86Registered Users
    Ok, Braai just called me back and said their capasity for how many people I could reserve for is - wait for it - 80!! Needless to say, we are in no danger of reaching capasity as of now.

I am still cool with the Central Park idea if more ladies want to do that as well, I will go whereever the majority says BUT:

1. Braai has unlimited $8 mimosas. Central Park ain't got no mimosas.

2. Braai is a done deal. We start at square one with Central Park (food, location, space, etc.)

I'm just saying...:happy6:

CheveuxSauvage, what does "throw 'bows" mean?:confused2:
    Basically push people out the way with your elbows :D

I'll go with what the majority wants. I'm nervous since I've never had South African food before (and I'm a very picky eater), but I'll give it a try :)
  • NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    Aptlife wrote: »
    Ok, Braai just called me back and said their capasity for how many people I could reserve for is - wait for it - 80!! Needless to say, we are in no danger of reaching capasity as of now.

I am still cool with the Central Park idea if more ladies want to do that as well, I will go whereever the majority says BUT:

2. Braai is a done deal. We start at square one with Central Park (food, location, space, etc.)

I'll go with what the majority wants. I'm nervous since I've never had South African food before (and I'm a very picky eater), but I'll give it a try :)

Ooooooh. Heh!
    Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
    Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
    Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Aptlife wrote: »

Ooooooh. Heh!

I'm so mad at you, NC. How are you from the south and don't know the expression "throw bows"?! Not a Ludacris fan, eh?! lol

I actually prefer the structure of a restaurant as well. But if you all want to do the park thing, I'd go for it.
    comic-p.jpg
    :sign5: I think I just inadvertently outed myself as a suburb chick.:sad1:

Thing is I LOVE Ludacris! I have that song on my iPod and I'll sing it all day! "We drop bows on 'em!!! Cadillac grills, Cadillac kills, check out the oil my Cadillac SPILLS!!!! Hand-me-down flip-flops hand-me-down ROCKS!!!" But this whole time I've had no idea what any of it meant or what I was saying.:sad5:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

A couple of things:

1. Please read post #42 on page 3 of this thread to review the original meeting information. If your name is on the list and you are NOT coming, please let me know. Also if your name is not on the list and you'd like to come, please let me know. I just want to make sure I give a correct head count.

2. People have started to suggest Central Park. I had planned on making reservations at Braai on Monday so if there are more people who strongly want Central Park, please say so and give suggestions on food, space, etc. Otherwise, I don't know whether I should reserve Braai or not. Please tell me what to do.:D

Holy Grails:

• SpringyCurlsSpringyCurls Posts: 41Registered Users
    Well... I agree about the unpredictable weather conditions, and I'm also looking forward to those mimosas hehe, BUT if people really want to hang out in Central Park, I can adjust.

I am, however, concerned about those ladies that may not follow up with this thread to see if there has been a change in location. I personally didn't plan to check in, but then I saw the thread back at the top of the list of forum topics. Some ladies may turn up at the restaurant and find that no one is there, and that would be unfortunte :confused1:.
    Shampoo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo
    Co-Wash: V05 Tea Therapy in Blackberry Sage Tea
    Deep Conditioner: AO Honeysuckle Rose, Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment
    Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Sealant: Summer - Coconut Oil, Winter - Castor & Jojoba Oil, Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade (ends)
  • Nicky791Nicky791 Posts: 679Registered Users
    I think since the wheels have already been set in motion for Braai we should go ahead with that and do central park at another time..... plus I really want those mimosas! :)
    Last Relaxer: March 26 2009
    Mini Chop: January 16 2010
    BC: April 4 2010
    Transitioned for 1yr 9days!
    Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/Nicky791/about/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nicky791
  • curlsugarcurlsugar Posts: 240Registered Users
    i was the one who had originally suggested central park, but i am totally fine with braii, especially since their capacity is 80 people! i thought you had said it was a small place, so with the growing number of attendees i thought a bigger space might be better.

but if it holds that many people, and since we can't predict the weather, i think it's best to stick with braii. and the mimosas. LOL

can i bring a friend of mine who lurks on here and just recently went natural? i would love for her to see all of you beautiful natural ladies and get inspiration.
    Natural since '03
    So I will assume I can move forward and reserve the place on Monday.

Curlsugar - with a capasity of 80 people and considering we have like 30 people on the list right now, I surely don't think 1 person will flood us so bring her natural self on!!! I will put her on the list as Curlsugar's friend. Is that ok? Whatever that list says on Monday is the number I will give Braai.:wave:

Holy Grails:

• bellepaysbellepays Posts: 38Registered Users
    I want my mimosa! So, I vote for Braai :-) A SUMMER picnic would be lovely. nyccurly? I would like to bring 2 lurkers. Please put me down for +2.
    4a/3c Product Junkie here!

Holy Grail - KCCC of course :blob7:

Really interested in more natural products but don't really like to mix them myself.

I think my hair LOVES oil but need to use them more.

Have done a Henna treatment once and am hoping to do another one soon.
    Bellepays - DONE!:glasses2:

Holy Grails:

• UnrulyLionUnrulyLion Posts: 61Registered Users
    Yaaaaay for decisions! lol I'm so excited for Braai! I cannot w.a.i.t. to see you guysss.

Nubian: I think going around the room and saying our names and/or name tags and/or switching seats every so often would be excellent! :love2: (PS what I just described kinda sounds like speed dating...hair dating? lolol)

Also, I have a question about the mimosas: is it $8 per mimosa and you can get as many as you want? or is it that you pay $8 ONCE and then get as many as you want a-la open bar?

Lemme know, lovely :laughing5:
    http://members.fotki.com/UnrulyLion/about/ *I update this about every 2 seconds :shock:*

Type: 3c
    Texture: Fine
    Density: Medium
    Porosity: Low (my hair dries, literally, in minutes)

I love shea butter and shea butter loves me :sunny:

event.png

event.png
    UnrulyLion wrote: »
    Yaaaaay for decisions! lol I'm so excited for Braai! I cannot w.a.i.t. to see you guysss.

Nubian: I think going around the room and saying our names and/or name tags and/or switching seats every so often would be excellent! :love2: (PS what I just described kinda sounds like speed dating...hair dating? lolol)

Also, I have a question about the mimosas: is it $8 per mimosa and you can get as many as you want? or is it that you pay $8 ONCE and then get as many as you want a-la open bar?

Pay ONCE GIRLLLLLL!!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!:headbang:

I hadn't even thought about changing chairs, that seems cool!! Someone take the reins on that, LOL!!!

I will bring stickers and as each lovely lady arrives, you can write your NC name and your real name on the tag so everyone can match each other up!!! LOL and if you're a lurker you can say that too on your nametag!!

Holy Grails:

• CurlyteeCurlytee Posts: 273Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Just a few suggestions:

How about having a small bell and note cards for the following:

The bell, ring it several times during the meet-up which will have the ladies move
    one ring -move two seats to the right
    two rings- move to another table

Note Cards: place on the tables standing up with the instructions for the different rings of the bell.

This way everyone has the information and knows what the rules are

Finally, is there going to to women over 40
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Curlytee wrote: »
    Just a few suggestions:

The bell, ring it several times during the meet-up which will have the ladies move

Note Cards: place on the tables standing up with the instructions for the different rings of the bell.

That sounds like fun! Can we assume you will be bringing the bell and setting this up??? ;-)

I can bring stickers for the name tags!!!

Holy Grails:

NubianCoils I must say that was very smooth. smile yes I will try to find the bell and will buy the place cards for the table. Do you know how many tables there will be. What about Ladies over 40
    Just a few suggestions:

That sounds like fun! Can we assume you will be bringing the bell and setting this up??? ;-)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Really? Cause I thought I was obvious as heck.:confused4: No one has ever accused me of being subtle no matter how hard I try, LOL. :p

Well since it looks like there's going to be between 30 - 35 of us, if everyone on the list comes, I would say maybe 2 tables? But I can confirm for you on Monday when I make the reservations. I know they have a separate room for parties that can hold up to 20 people and they're probably planning to put the rest of us in the main dining room. When the woman told me the most I can reserve for is 80, I'm sure that if 80 of us came, we would be the only people in the restaurant cause it looks like that place could hold about 80 people...

As far as ladies over 40, I have no idea if there are any women on the list 40 or over. I'm 32....that's not helpful, is it? Sorry.:sad1:
    NubianCoils I must say that was very smooth. smile yes I will try to find the bell and will buy the place cards for the table. Do you know how many tables there will be. What about Ladies over 40
    Just a few suggestions:

Holy Grails:

It really doesn't matter if there are going to be women over 40 I will come to bond with my sistas of all ages. I guess I will get there early that day to get the best lay out for the cards. Looking forwarded to meeting you then.

Really? Cause I thought I was obvious as heck.:confused4: No one has ever accused me of being subtle no matter how hard I try, LOL. :p

Well since it looks like there's going to be between 30 - 35 of us, if everyone on the list comes, I would say maybe 2 tables? But I can confirm for you on Monday when I make the reservations. I know they have a separate room for parties that can hold up to 20 people and they're probably planning to put the rest of us in the main dining room. When the woman told me the most I can reserve for is 80, I'm sure that if 80 of us came, we would be the only people in the restaurant cause it looks like that place could hold about 80 people...

As far as ladies over 40, I have no idea if there are any women on the list 40 or over. I'm 32....that's not helpful, is it? Sorry.:sad1:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UnrulyLionUnrulyLion Posts: 61Registered Users
    UnrulyLion wrote: »

Pay ONCE GIRLLLLLL!!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!:headbang:

I hadn't even thought about changing chairs, that seems cool!! Someone take the reins on that, LOL!!!

I will bring stickers and as each lovely lady arrives, you can write your NC name and your real name on the tag so everyone can match each other up!!! LOL and if you're a lurker you can say that too on your nametag!!

Oh lawd, we fittna get silly lol :tongue10:

Are we all still swapping, by the way?
    http://members.fotki.com/UnrulyLion/about/ *I update this about every 2 seconds :shock:*

Type: 3c
    Texture: Fine
    Density: Medium
    Porosity: Low (my hair dries, literally, in minutes)

I love shea butter and shea butter loves me :sunny:

event.png

event.png
    1. Please see post #42 on page 3 for the list of ladies coming, details on time, date, and where. Let me know if you need to be added or taken off the list

2. Reservations will be made on Monday, April 26. Reservations will be under "Naturally Curly Meet-up"

3. There will be stickers for us to make nametags with. Put your NC name and your real name on the nametag or put "Lurker" if you're not an NC member.

4. Musical Chairs!!! Curlytee will bring a bell and when it rings we'll change chairs. She will make place cards with the instructions for how to change chairs.

5. SWAP!! Please bring whatever you want to swap or get rid of!!!

6. Please bring your fabulous selves!!!!

7. MIMOSAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eye::drunken:

Holy Grails:

• bklyn_bellebklyn_belle Posts: 423Registered Users
    i'm so late im just joining the convo :( i wanna come!
    Texture: proud 4a (3c at the nape).
    Regimen: co-wash everyday.deep condition, de-tangle and seal once a week.
    Current Favs: Treseme Naturals shampoo & conditioner, wide tooth comb, coconut oil, Shea Moisture curling smoothie, ampro clear styling gel .
    Protective Style: buns

visit my fashion & culture website: http://www.beautyandthestreetmag.blogspot.com
    + 1 for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CheveuxSauvageCheveuxSauvage Posts: 240Registered Users
    Hey ladies! I know we're doing a swap at the meet, and I have some things I want to bring, but there's one thing I don't want but I don't want to bring it if nobody has any use for it. It's Cetyl-Stearyl Alcohol that I bought from Camden Grey. I'm sure it's fabulous, but I really don't know how to use it, and my mixtress skills aren't advanced enough for me to figure it out. If anyone's interested, PM me so I can bring it. I have a good amount, so I could divide it up if different people are interested (it comes in the form of little beads, so it's easy to do).

Read their description HERE
    [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]4a/3c [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]Normal porosity [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]High density [FONT=&quot]Ξ[/FONT] Medium-Coarse [FONT=&quot]Ξ[/FONT]
  • bellepaysbellepays Posts: 38Registered Users
    + 1 for me
    If you need an assistant, I can help :-)
    4a/3c Product Junkie here!

Holy Grail - KCCC of course :blob7:

Really interested in more natural products but don't really like to mix them myself.

I think my hair LOVES oil but need to use them more.

Have done a Henna treatment once and am hoping to do another one soon.
  • bklyn_bellebklyn_belle Posts: 423Registered Users
    i'm so lost can someone fill me in?
    Texture: proud 4a (3c at the nape).
    Regimen: co-wash everyday.deep condition, de-tangle and seal once a week.
    Current Favs: Treseme Naturals shampoo & conditioner, wide tooth comb, coconut oil, Shea Moisture curling smoothie, ampro clear styling gel .
    Protective Style: buns

visit my fashion & culture website: http://www.beautyandthestreetmag.blogspot.com
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i'm so lost can someone fill me in?

I think they're talking about doing musical chairs a la speed dating so everyone meets everyone...I actually thought you ladies were kidding lol...but I guess we're really doing that!
    comic-p.jpg
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am so, so envious of the good time I know will be had. I am going to miss this by a week (I'm in Jersey 5/14-5/15)
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CoilyRobCoilyRob Posts: 4Registered Users
    Hi Curlytee. I was wondering the same thing. I'm over 40. Now I know I won't be the only one.8)
  • TriniJaNYTriniJaNY Posts: 18Registered Users
    I believe I'm already coming as a lurker but can I bring my own natural hair lurker???

event.png

"Don't beat yourself up for not knowing all the answers. You don't always have to know who you are. You don't have to have the big picture, or know where you're heading. Sometimes it's enough just to know what you're going to do next." - Iris, Undomestic Goddess
  • MissCurlyMissCurly Posts: 133Registered Users
    I know I am soooo late......but can I come toooo? :) lol
    3c/4a Relaxer free since 04!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file