HELP HELP HELP!!! Hot Oil Treatment

GorgeousCurlyMeGorgeousCurlyMe Registered Users Posts: 28
Ok so I have no idea how to do a hot oil treatment..I have carrot oil I want to use but I dont know how to do it and when..Should I do it before or after I wash my hair?? I also want to deep condition would that be before or after I rinse out the hot oil?? Also I am washing my hair with a sulfate shampoo to get rid of all the gunk && what not left from when I used the conditioner..then no more sulfate shampoos going the CG method...

Just to be clear..should I wash and condition my hair first? (condition meaning not a deep condtitioner until after I condition) Ok..so do I wash, then condition, then deep condition then hot oil treat?? Or idunno but please help.
TRANSITIONING Woot Woot!!
Last Relaxed 9/2009 No BC for me I'm GROWING it out!!!
http://public.fotki.com/GorgeousCurlyMe/
3c/4a Havent straightened my hair in 2 months Currently wearing a :shaking2:Wash N Go

Experimenting with Curls && Mixed Chicks ..:blob5:impatiently awaiting their arrivals this week [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:wave:My 19 month old daughter Kennedy 3b/3c possibly 4a in the back. Very fine sides.. How do I retain moisture for her curls?? HELP!!

Comments

• NaturalistaNaturalista Registered Users Posts: 5,491 Curl Neophyte
    Ok so I have no idea how to do a hot oil treatment..I have carrot oil I want to use but I dont know how to do it and when..Should I do it before or after I wash my hair?? I also want to deep condition would that be before or after I rinse out the hot oil?? Also I am washing my hair with a sulfate shampoo to get rid of all the gunk && what not left from when I used the conditioner..then no more sulfate shampoos going the CG method...

Just to be clear..should I wash and condition my hair first? (condition meaning not a deep condtitioner until after I condition) Ok..so do I wash, then condition, then deep condition then hot oil treat?? Or idunno but please help.

Hot oil treatments are normally used as prepoo (or before the shampoo). So what you would do is apply the oil to your hair and apply heat to allow it to penetrate, or if you dont have a hood dryer/heat cap-- you could warm up the oil and apply to leave on for 10 mins.

So.. the plan would be:

Prepoo with hot oil
    Follow with shampoo
    Condition (rinse out)
    then style as usual.

HTH

Ok.. the only reason you would need to sulfate poo is if you had producty stuff in your hair from non-water soluble cone use. If that is NOT the case, then you dont have to use any sulfate poo as everything in you hair is water soluble. You start the CG method from go.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • *Marah**Marah* Registered Users Posts: 8,032 Curl Neophyte

I would say shampoo first because I wouldn't see the point in using a sulfate shampoo after you do your hot oil treatment.. wouldn't that defeat the purpose since it will surely remove all the oil or the benefits you are trying to acheive with the oil ? I mean that is what sulfates do.. strip the hair.

So I would shampoo first, hot oil, rinse, and then deep condition. Well I wouldn't do a hot oil treatment at all.. but if I was.. I would do it that way if I used a sulfate poo.

Or you could just use a sulfate free shampoo now and nix the sulfate shampoo altogether.

Just out of curiosity.. how come you are doing a hot oil treatment ?
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • Curly_JammyCurly_Jammy Registered Users Posts: 626
    I see that you are using Mixed chicks, which has cones and should be washed out with a Sulfate shampoo.

Pure carrot oil, is great treatment for the hair,

1st-I would wash with the shampoo to get the gunk out

2nd- Air dry least 50%, then add the conditioner & oil your hair, and either use a shower cap and hot towel , or a hot dryer to put some heat on it.

3rd- hop in the shower to rise it out.
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
    Pre: EVCO Poo: GTTT DC:AO GPB, TJ Nourish Spa+EVOO
    LI: Cantu Shea butter LI, YesToCarrots,(AVJ+H2O) Spritz
    Style: AVG, Eco Seal: Qp Mango & Olive oil, Shea AloeMix
  • GorgeousCurlyMeGorgeousCurlyMe Registered Users Posts: 28

I would say shampoo first because I wouldn't see the point in using a sulfate shampoo after you do your hot oil treatment.. wouldn't that defeat the purpose since it will surely remove all the oil or the benefits you are trying to acheive with the oil ? I mean that is what sulfates do.. strip the hair.

So I would shampoo first, hot oil, rinse, and then deep condition. Well I wouldn't do a hot oil treatment at all.. but if I was.. I would do it that way if I used a sulfate poo.

Or you could just use a sulfate free shampoo now and nix the sulfate shampoo altogether.

Just out of curiosity.. how come you are doing a hot oil treatment ?

I was doing a hot oil treatment because before I found this site I was not really big on moisturizing my hair and being as though I am transitioning I thought maybe it would be a good idea, not that my hair felt dry because it didn't. What I ended up doing was a hot mess anyway..oil everywhere, my hair felt disgusting I was not a happy camper to say the least. Will not be doing that again. I will however experiment with Honey and Olive Oil I have heard a lot about those two being awesome conditioner or deep treatments.
    3c/4a Havent straightened my hair in 2 months Currently wearing a :shaking2:Wash N Go

Experimenting with Curls && Mixed Chicks ..:blob5:impatiently awaiting their arrivals this week [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :wave:My 19 month old daughter Kennedy 3b/3c possibly 4a in the back. Very fine sides.. How do I retain moisture for her curls?? HELP!!
  • GorgeousCurlyMeGorgeousCurlyMe Registered Users Posts: 28

Hot oil treatments are normally used as prepoo (or before the shampoo). So what you would do is apply the oil to your hair and apply heat to allow it to penetrate, or if you dont have a hood dryer/heat cap-- you could warm up the oil and apply to leave on for 10 mins.

So.. the plan would be:

Prepoo with hot oil
    Follow with shampoo
    Condition (rinse out)
    then style as usual.

HTH

Ok.. the only reason you would need to sulfate poo is if you had producty stuff in your hair from non-water soluble cone use. If that is NOT the case, then you dont have to use any sulfate poo as everything in you hair is water soluble. You start the CG method from go.

Thanks I will be using this in the near future however it will not be with the America's Best oils..possibly honey or olive oil or castor oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file