CurlTalk

Hair One Olive Oil Cleansing Conditioner

veezorveezor Posts: 42Registered Users
I recently discovered this product at my local Sally Beauty Supply and the cashiers couldn't stop raving about it and recommended it to me because of my curly hair.
And I was so shocked when I used it. It left my hair feeling clean, not stripped or on the verge of drying out. It was soft, but I could tell any excess product had been gently "cleansed" from my hair.
I still use a regular conditioner afterward, but use Hair One as a shampoo alternative. I had been in the habit of shampooing once or twice a week, but with this product I experimented and used it twice as often as I would shampoo and can't be more pleased with the results! I exercise on a consistent basis so not shampooing my hair, with my scalp's tendency to get oily, sadly wasn't a viable option. Until now!

Anyone else like this magical product as much as I do?

Comments

• adorame06adorame06 Posts: 572Registered Users
    I use the Hair One Jojoba Oil, its for color treated hair. I like how it sort of tingles. I have been using it for my co wash for the past month and LOVE it!
    CG on 2/16/2010
    My curls looks like the 3a pictures
    Hair length is to my bra strap, it's fine textured, but the density is thick, not much elasticity, Naturally Blonde but Color treated because of graying going on

My hair loves
    coconut oil
    Homemade FSG
    Hair one for my co wash
    Ecostyler olive oil

Princess Brandy Brat, Chief Jewel Crafter and Royal Nanny to the Court of the Red and White Rose for the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
  • wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like it, too! I like WEN better, but have had good results with the Hair One Olive Oil. The Jojoba isn't quite moisturizing enough for me.
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
  • veezorveezor Posts: 42Registered Users
    wavyblonde wrote: »
    I like it, too! I like WEN better, but have had good results with the Hair One Olive Oil. The Jojoba isn't quite moisturizing enough for me.

I heard Hair One is like the cheaper alternative WEN, but looking it up online it doesn't seem like it's cheaper by much! I may have to look into that brand.
  • adorame06adorame06 Posts: 572Registered Users
    veezor wrote: »
    wavyblonde wrote: »

I heard Hair One is like the cheaper alternative WEN, but looking it up online it doesn't seem like it's cheaper by much! I may have to look into that brand.

I had paid $29.95 and a shipping and handling fee for the 16 onces size of Wen Sweet almond Mint. Where at Sally's I was able to get a 12 ounce bottle of Hair One Jojoba for 10.99 and tax. That is a bit of a difference in price when you have to add in a shipping fee!

Both Wen and Hair One worked great for me. I used them both just for Co washing only. I do not use their recommended pumps for my hair, I use 4 to 5 pumps and it is a good amount for my hair.

What I like about Hair One is that I am able to get it easily at my local Sally's instead of having to have the Wen shipped to me. Also Sally's had a little packet of the different Hair Ones that you could try before you bought a 12 ounce bottle, that way if you did not like it you were not stuck with a product.
    CG on 2/16/2010
    My curls looks like the 3a pictures
    Hair length is to my bra strap, it's fine textured, but the density is thick, not much elasticity, Naturally Blonde but Color treated because of graying going on

My hair loves
    coconut oil
    Homemade FSG
    Hair one for my co wash
    Ecostyler olive oil

Princess Brandy Brat, Chief Jewel Crafter and Royal Nanny to the Court of the Red and White Rose for the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    When searching for old threads on this product it seems the kinky types don't do well with it. Looking at the hair types from this thread falls in line with my hair type :) So, I've given this a go have used it about 4 times now (in rotation) my hair has looked it's best when I use Hair One Olive Oil in terms of frizz control, poof, softness, manageability & definition. Amodimethicone doesn't scare me :p I love this stuff but will clarify every couple wks. or so to make sure build up isn't an issue. I should mention dews have been moderately high in New England which could be why this is working right now since silicones work well under humid conditions.

Now any other Hair One lovers out there? Which ones have you tried and liked the best?? I'm thinking about trying the cucumber one next.

Hair One Olive Oil Ingredients: water, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, glycerine, aloe leaf juice, butylene glycol and anthemis nobilis flower extract, cofea arabica extract and vaccinium myrtillus fruit extract, roas roxburghii fruit extract, propylene glycol and rosemary leaf extract, olive fruit oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, menthol, panthenol, behentrimonium methosulfate, BHT, Polysorbate 60, PEG 60 almond dimethylamine, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, citric acid, disodium EDTA, 1, 2-hexanediol and caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid, fragrance

ETA: I also read in some older threads that this is the same as co-washing with Suave but I couldn't disagree more!! The quality of ingredients are completely different.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • curlykeycurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users
    I've tried the olive oil one myself a couple of times now and I think my hair really likes it. I don't use a rinse out when using this. I scrub my scalp with it really well and rinse. Then apply more to all of my hair and let it sit for a bit and detangle with no problems and rinse. I would like to try the cucumber one next. :)
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
    curlykey wrote: »
    I've tried the olive oil one myself a couple of times now and I think my hair really likes it. I don't use a rinse out when using this. I scrub my scalp with it really well and rinse. Then apply more to all of my hair and let it sit for a bit and detangle with no problems and rinse. I would like to try the cucumber one next. :)
    Oh I did forget to mention that I don't use a rinse out when using Hair One. Thanks for the reminder curlykey ;) If I need to I'll use a bit more after rinsing it all out.On a really humid day I used a small amt as LI and it worked very well to keep the frizz away. I've also used it on dryer, warmer days and still got excellent results.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • BeachCurlGurlBeachCurlGurl Posts: 168Registered Users
    Is Hair One cleansing condish in any way similar to CJ Daily Fix?
    3a fine; dense; medium-low porosity, frizz prone

Current Favs: KM Shampoo bars, Darcy's pumpkin seed conditioner, CJ Repair Me; CJCR, CJCCC; Marie Dean products; DM Miracurls Gelly; KCCC; CJCQ; LA Looks sport gel

:love4:Curl Junkie & Marie Dean

:sunny:/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FBeachCurlGurl%2F" class="Popup
    it's hard to compare the 2 they are both creamy cleansers for sure, but they don't really behave the same way?? I love Daily Fix in the colder months but in the Summer it was a bit too heavy for me. It might be the opposite with Hair One I'll have to wait and see.
    Discovered CG 2007

• MaciMaci Posts: 180Registered Users
    I tried the Jojoba one when I first went CG and didn't like it. This week decided to try the olive oil one. I was amazed how well it cut the frizz. I've been full CG for almost a year and can't get rid of frizz. It may be time to start using light silicones in the rotation??

When I used this, I didn't use a RO either. This had plenty of moisture. Sally's sells samples for less than $2; so it's easy to try.
    Spirals, curls & waves, Med-Coarse Texture, Med Porosity, Low Elasticity
    Maci wrote: »
    I tried the Jojoba one when I first went CG and didn't like it. This week decided to try the olive oil one. I was amazed how well it cut the frizz. I've been full CG for almost a year and can't get rid of frizz. It may be time to start using light silicones in the rotation??

When I used this, I didn't use a RO either. This had plenty of moisture. Sally's sells samples for less than $2; so it's easy to try.
    wavyblonde tried the jojoba and felt the same way as you Maci. I definitely have had some great days when I use it on really high dew point days and in the normal range. Light silicones in rotation works for me :thumbup:
    Discovered CG 2007

Anynone try the cucumber one yet? Haven't decided which one I want in the full size.
  • BeachCurlGurlBeachCurlGurl Posts: 168Registered Users
    DEL2C wrote: »
    it's hard to compare the 2 they are both creamy cleansers for sure, but they don't really behave the same way?? I love Daily Fix in the colder months but in the Summer it was a bit too heavy for me. It might be the opposite with Hair One I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for weighing in, Del. I'm going to pick up a sample and give it a try.
    3a fine; dense; medium-low porosity, frizz prone

Current Favs: KM Shampoo bars, Darcy's pumpkin seed conditioner, CJ Repair Me; CJCR, CJCCC; Marie Dean products; DM Miracurls Gelly; KCCC; CJCQ; LA Looks sport gel

:love4:Curl Junkie & Marie Dean

:sunny:/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FBeachCurlGurl%2F" class="Popup
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    My hair hated this stuff. Felt nasty and it was frizzy, dry and oily with no curl all at the same time. I see the Wen commercials and I keep wanting to try it but then I remember my hate for the Hair One. But I still would like to try the Wen sometime.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Another one here whose hair hated the hairone, but it didn't like Wen either. Oddly enough, my hair LOVES CJDFCC and No poo. Go figure.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rymorg2 wrote: »
    Another one here whose hair hated the hairone, but it didn't like Wen either. Oddly enough, my hair LOVES CJDFCC and No poo. Go figure.
    the ingredients for all of these creamy cleansers differ quite a bit, except for Hair One & Wen they are very similar. I haven't tried the new [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]Deva No Poo[/buylink] but the old one just left me feeling coated and didn't seem to clean at all. Love how it felt on my scalp though :)
    Discovered CG 2007

rymorg2 wrote: »
    the ingredients for all of these creamy cleansers differ quite a bit, except for Hair One & Wen they are very similar. I haven't tried the new [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]Deva No Poo[/buylink] but the old one just left me feeling coated and didn't seem to clean at all. Love how it felt on my scalp though :)

The old no poo was the same for me, but the new one (I use the Devacare one, can't stand the smell of the Devacurl one and I color anyway) is decent. I've used it with One C as a RO, without a RO, and with other RO's and it works all around. And my sensitive scalp doesn't go crazy, as long as I don't use it more than a few days in a row (but I rotate anyway). It still feels like that on the scalp though!

Incidentally, that's what I DID like about the Hair One and the Wen. The feeling on my scalp was INCREDIBLE, it just didn't rinse out well, and the amodimethicone was ew for me. The Hairone has the amodimethicone in higher concentration, which was why I didn't like it at all. Wen was better, but not much. But the No Poo and the DFCC both have that scalp feeling too....it's the peppermint/eucalyptus and similar ingredients in them. Menthol anyone?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    YESSSSS Menthol, peppermint/eucalyptus love it!!! Hard to say what the concentration of A-cone is in comparison to the old One-C? It most definitely is higher on Hair One vs. Wen but I haven't tried Wen myself. Did your hair hate the old One-C as well rymorg? I never liked DevaCare it was too heavy for me. I preferred the scent of Deva curl :D still love it and miss it!
    Discovered CG 2007

YESSSSS Menthol, peppermint/eucalyptus love it!!! Hard to say what the concentration of A-cone is in comparison to the old One-C? It most definitely is higher on Hair One vs. Wen but I haven't tried Wen myself. Did your hair hate the old One-C as well rymorg? I never liked DevaCare it was too heavy for me. I preferred the scent of Deva curl :D still love it and miss it!

My hair hates ANY amount of amodimethicone. Makes it feel heavy, weighs down the wurl too. Yep, hated the old One C as well. I love the smell of the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]Devacurl One C[/buylink], but not the no poo.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anynone try the cucumber one yet? Haven't decided which one I want in the full size.
    curlykey I have the cucumber one to compare :D and have used it a few times.

I find that the olive oil is slightly more moisturizing then the cucumber one. It's not a huge difference though.
    Discovered CG 2007

curlykey I have the cucumber one to compare :D and have used it a few times.

I find that the olive oil is slightly more moisturizing then the cucumber one. It's not a huge difference though.

Thanks for the update. I was kind of figuring that it would be so. My hair loves olive oil so I may not even try the cucumber one, we'll see. Thanks. :)
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    Del, do the proteins or oils in the Hair One bother you at all? I see in your siggie that you're protein and oil sensitive as am I so I was just debating if I should try it. I may have to get my hands on one of the sample packets.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
    Magoo wrote: »
    Del, do the proteins or oils in the Hair One bother you at all? I see in your siggie that you're protein and oil sensitive as am I so I was just debating if I should try it. I may have to get my hands on one of the sample packets.
    Hi Magoo :)

A lot of my sensitivities have gone away once I started getting trims more often, not co-washing exclusively and also not using soap bars. Oils in high qty. I'm still leery of. It's hard to say whether you would like it or not??? If you require a TON of moisture and your hair is very dry I'm tempted to say that this may not be for you. You did well with CJ Daily Fix and I had to drop it once the temps went up because it got to be too heavy for my hair.
    Discovered CG 2007

• MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    Thanks Del. Actually I've had to cut back on CJDF in the warmer weather because I was getting OC'd.
    My hair has pretty much been freaking out with the humidity. Since I can try out the Hair One without having to commit to a full size bottle, I may pick some up next time I'm in Sally's.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
    Magoo wrote: »
    Thanks Del. Actually I've had to cut back on CJDF in the warmer weather because I was getting OC'd.
    My hair has pretty much been freaking out with the humidity. Since I can try out the Hair One without having to commit to a full size bottle, I may pick some up next time I'm in Sally's.
    Oh if you were getting OC'd a little bit of protein should help you out. I hope it works for you, that little bit of A-cone makes a huge diff for me to control my hair in the humidity. Maybe it's the combo of protein and A-cone hard to say but it works great for me. Let us know how it works :)
    Discovered CG 2007

• nickywickynickywicky Posts: 17Registered Users
    i tried this awhile back when it first came out and it made my scalp tingle too much !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,654Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Any updates on how this product worked longer term, for those that use it regularly or tried it? I saw a WEN commercial early this morning which reminded me that I was thinking of trying this particular Hair One formula a while ago.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • SheBrosSheBros Posts: 332Registered Users
    Spiralli wrote: »
    Any updates on how this product worked longer term, for those that use it regularly or tried it? I saw a WEN commercial early this morning which reminded me that I was thinking of trying this particular Hair One formula a while ago.

I can use Hair One on and off but cannot continually use it without a break. I'm trying to use up some products right now so have it in my rotation to use once every couple of weeks. Seems like if I use it as my soul no poo, my hair ends up getting frizzy and heavy.
    3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
    Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
    Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
    Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
    Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
    Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
    Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
    Spiralli wrote: »
    I've put it away until Summer, I like the A-cone and how it helps to control frizz in humid conditions. I have a lot of other stuff I like to use when the weather is cooler so I don't mind shelfing it :)
    Discovered CG 2007

• catladycatlady Posts: 12Registered Users
    I find that the Hair One Olive Oil irritates my skin and scalp although it makes my hair look great! I haven't finished the bottle I bought several months ago and most likely won't repurchase.
    Medium to course texture
    Slightly porous
    Normal elasticity
    High density