CurlTalk

Curls Exclusive Line @ Target

EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
Some were discussing this on another thread the other day, but here's a list of Targets that will sell the new line of Curls.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.curls.biz%2Fcurly-forum%2Fcurls-biz-announcements%2F1237-curls-target.html" class="Popup
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube
Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Comments

• lashon20lashon20 Posts: 1,150Registered Users
    Damn I wish they were going to be at the target in ohio instead of sorry miss jessies.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com%2F" class="Popup

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    Aw...yea, I'm going to have to drive to Culver City to check it out. I don't really like the Curls stylers, but maybe a conditioner will be cool.
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • NikG20NikG20 Posts: 461Registered Users
    Oh so I was all hype for nothing. Pffft! Not sold in my area. Figures. Still great news.
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • BlondeByDesireBlondeByDesire Posts: 40Registered Users
    So you do think it will be the same formula? I love the Coconut Sublime Conditioner.
    So you do think it will be the same formula? I love the Coconut Sublime Conditioner.

from the ask Curls section:

"Yes, CURLS has launched a mass market product line, exclusively for Target….CURLS for Target. This is a sister line to our professional product line, CURLS. This line is for the budget conscious curly in search of wholesome products. The price points are lower, the packaging and formulations have also been changed. They are formulated with some organics….and still are paraben, silicone, sulfate, artificial color/fragrance, mineral and petrolatum free. "
    Hz5exYvWIb4
  • tonsofcurlztonsofcurlz Posts: 323Registered Users
    Do we even know if Curls is selling any of their conditioners in this new product line? There were none on the Target.com website, and the website usually sells everything that is sold in stores and items that are sold exclusively online. If the gel and cleanser are the only ones available online, I wonder if there are any conditioners available on the ground?

I think this is a great concept, but I'm totally unimpressed with their limited distribution.
    3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
    Low Poos:
    MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
    Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
    Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
    Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iherb.com" class="Popup. Use discount code: SOF540.
  • girlysoxfangirlysoxfan Posts: 155Registered Users
    I think it is common to start in a limited number of stores...then if it does well, they'll expand. They are not at my local Target...but are at 3 w/in an hour of me...so will check out when I'm there.
    3b/med porosity
    LoPoo: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Treseme Naturals
    Leave in: Trader Joes Nourishing condish

Current Favs: Naturelle - Biotera Curl Cream & Biotera Styling Glaze
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    I keep clicking the link yet I cant find the listings
  • msjaimmsjaim Posts: 948Registered Users
    hmm, the lin k isnt valid anymore
  • tonsofcurlztonsofcurlz Posts: 323Registered Users
    The same message was posted to our Curls sponsored forum:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1299109&postcount=40
    3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
    Low Poos:
    MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
    Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
    Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
    Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iherb.com" class="Popup. Use discount code: SOF540.
  • afrikurlafrikurl Posts: 736Registered Users
    ellepixie wrote: »
    Aw...yea, I'm going to have to drive to Culver City to check it out. I don't really like the Curls stylers, but maybe a conditioner will be cool.

Not sure what part of LA you live in but some of the local BSS sell the curls line as well. I know one in Inglewood. PM me if you want the info.
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    afrikurl wrote: »

Not sure what part of LA you live in but some of the local BSS sell the curls line as well. I know one in Inglewood. PM me if you want the info.
    Ha! I was gonna give her the same info!

Elle, If you in L.A./Inglewood area you can get it at this BSS over off of Century and Crenshaw. I've seen it at another store but I forgot where it was at.l
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

Do we even know if Curls is selling any of their conditioners in this new product line? There were none on the Target.com website, and the website usually sells everything that is sold in stores and items that are sold exclusively online. If the gel and cleanser are the only ones available online, I wonder if there are any conditioners available on the ground?

I think this is a great concept, but I'm totally unimpressed with their limited distribution.

I posted the products available on my blog, there are direct links on my blog but I'll copy and paste the names: (maybe the links work?)

Curls 8oz Lavish Moisturizer $10.99

Curls 8oz Coconut Curlada Conditioner $9.99

Curls 8oz Creamy Curl Cleanser $9.99

Curls 8oz Goddess Curl Gel $7.99

Curls 8oz Cream Brule $10.99
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Cali Chik wrote: »
    afrikurl wrote: »

Ha! I was gonna give her the same info!

Elle, If you in L.A./Inglewood area you can get it at this BSS over off of Century and Crenshaw. I've seen it at another store but I forgot where it was at.l

Oh, yea, they sell Curls at Wilshire Beauty, which I walk to all the time...I just wanna see the different products they have at Target. I don't even really like Curls (haven't gotten good results with their prods), but I'm interested to see what they have for the Target line.
    YouTube

Is that Cream Brule a gel? It looks like a styling cream or something...hmm...
    YouTube
  • MsCurl83MsCurl83 Posts: 289Registered Users
    I am soooooooo HAPPPY! that Curls will be at my Target!! this is wonderful, I can try Curls and if I don't like it I can return it to Target. hopefully an outcome of good will happen! We need more natural hair companies and products expanding into local stores that are featured nationwide. NOT everyone can afford to pay extra when it comes to shipping, so if I have to drive 20 miles to get some decent hair products, I will definitely do it!!
    "My hair is a reflection of my personality:
    wild, free and beautiful."

Hair Type: S + Z = Crazy Beautiful
    Hair Goal: Improve health!! Kill the knots!!!
    BSL now
    As of 6/24/12: Protective styles for summer
    Achieving Curls: Terressentials Mud HAir Wash (the business! Terressentials.com) Giovanni 50/50 Cndtr (retired) KBN Shealoe LCndtr (on probation) Still perfecting the process.
    Shoutout to FLAXSEEDS!!!! YOU ARE the MASTER on FRIZZ!!!

• empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    for the price difference, i guarantee the ingredients are different. no way would they be the same.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • freecurlfreecurl Posts: 281Registered Users
    I'm actually looking forward to trying this. I have always been a fan of the conditioner and milkshake, although I will have to try this out and see.
    Yea, it's a line of products they made for Target, which I actually think is pretty cool, rather than sell expensive products in a discount store (cough cough, Miss Jessie's, cough cough), and they kept out the mineral oil and petroleum and fillers. I will def try a condish or two.
    YouTube
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users
    Yea, it's a line of products they made for Target, which I actually think is pretty cool, rather than sell expensive products in a discount store (cough cough, Miss Jessie's, cough cough), and they kept out the mineral oil and petroleum and fillers. I will def try a condish or two.
    i think i will try something also :flower:

actually, i think this is a great idea
    kenra does the same thing with elasta, elucence and kenra... they target different products to different markets :)
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Booker Ts MamaBooker Ts Mama Posts: 670Registered Users
    I just wish THIS line would have come out BEFORE the professional one. This price point makes it so that everyone can try these products. I will try them at this price. Even though I already use her Whipped Cream on occasion.
  • MsCurlyBellaMsCurlyBella Posts: 45Registered Users
    I'm actually really excited about this! Though the original line hasn't "wowed" me, I do use some of the products from time to time. Now that they'll have a cheaper version at Target, I will definitely support it! And even though it won't be the same formulas, at least it's silicone, paraben, mineral oil, etc. free, which can be hard to find in "big box" stores.
  • roxie31roxie31 Posts: 14Registered Users
    I just went to my local target and found that they already stocked the shelves with the products 2 days ahead of schedule.
    Last relaxer: January 2007, Natural since June 2008, Hair type: 3c/4a
    empressri wrote: »
    for the price difference, i guarantee the ingredients are different. no way would they be the same.

Good point to make. Before I give up the cash, I'll definitely be reading the label of ingredients. I find myself doing that for hair products everytime I go shopping, but also for food too. A good thing to be so conscious about your health in this day and age.

BSL now
    Achieving Curls: Terressentials Mud HAir Wash (the business! Terressentials.com) Giovanni 50/50 Cndtr (retired) KBN Shealoe LCndtr (on probation) Still perfecting the process.

guano, a rule of thumb for food: if it lasts a ridiculous amount of time in the pantry, has ingredients a child can't read, or has more letters than the alphabet, it's bad for you lol

but twinkies....taste SO good! so bad for you, yet SO good
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    I can't eat twinkies. I don't get it. Now oatmeal pies, I'll eat a whole box!!

BSL now

I was browsing a thread and decided to search on Target to see if they offer Curls online, just in case they might not have certain products in store.

Search under Ethnic hair care.
    Curls 8 FlOz LavishMoisturizer $10.99

Curls 8 FlOz Goddess Curl Gel $7.99

Curls 8 FlOz Coconut Curlada Condiioner $9.99

Curls 8 FlOz Creamy Curl Cleanser $9.99

Curls 8 FlOz Cream Brule $10.99

One drawback is that they do not list the ingredients, so you'll have to venture to the store to that fact check on the label. And funny enough, they've got Miss Jessie's online also. Oh and if we had hoped that Miss Jessie's would priced fairly or cheaper, Chile, please, their prices are still high as ever even at Target. $14.00 to $58.00. So I'll definitely be trying the Curls and mean mugging when I walk past Miss Jessie's evil prices!

Hope this helps ladies.

BSL now

I can't eat twinkies. I don't get it. Now oatmeal pies, I'll eat a whole box!!

oatmeal pies and fudge rounds!!!! omg if i could chew right now you'd make me go get some!
    [/B]
  • periwrinkleperiwrinkle Posts: 130Registered Users
    I went by Target today to see if they had the new products out and they did. My Target had the Curls for Target, Jane Carter, Shea Moisture, and Miss Jessies. I am in North Carolina and my state wasn't even on the list to have the Curls for Target line but they had it. Ya'll might want to check your local Target and see if they have the Curls line and the other mentioned brands above. HTH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hair Type: 3c/4a

Still searching for my staple products. Maybe I can be faithful to a set of products one day.
  • periwrinkleperiwrinkle Posts: 130Registered Users
    Oh, I forgot to mention that the ingredients look good in the Curls for Target line, especially for the price. I think I'm going back to pick up some products later on today, so if someone wants to know the ingredients, just let me know. I don't know about the Shea Moisture because they didn't have that stocked completely yet, but will have it later on in the week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hair Type: 3c/4a

Still searching for my staple products. Maybe I can be faithful to a set of products one day.