Im a runner!

okgalokgal Registered Users Posts: 2
So I have been a CG all of my life (and recently started really embracing it!) I am just leary of the shampoo-less routine. Im in training, so most days I run twice a day. I don't want a lot of sweaty nasty-ness build up on my head! Does the conditioner only thing not apply to me?

Comments

• CurlyToastCurlyToast Registered Users Posts: 579
    I washed my hair once every 7-10 days while I was on crew. The trick is to just rinse really well, and really get a good head-rub in -- either with water or condish. No worries.
  • runnerchickirunnerchicki Registered Users Posts: 475
    I'm a runner too, and co-washing is just fine. I just make sure I massage my scalp really well and rinse well.

Good luck with your training.
    FIA: 2cFii

Lady Crispina, Confector of Pharmaceutria and Conjurer of Exquisitus JuJu, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • okgalokgal Registered Users Posts: 2
    thank you ladies! Good to know.
  • RedHottCurlzRedHottCurlz Registered Users Posts: 24
    Here's from a different perspective...

Not only do I run/jog every once in a while, I get in our sauna at least 3 times a week and more if I can fit it in. I usually get in at night because I take my shower at night. A good rubbing each time and a co-wash about twice a week keeps build-up of sweat and other stuff off, not to mention the sauna opens up my pores and leaves me feeling refreshed after I give myself a nice scalp massage.:)
    Proud redhead curly since '91 :)

CG since 3/3/10!

Currently trying...
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut, going to try TRESemme Naturals Radiant Volume Silicone-free
    Leave-in: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
    Gel: TRESemme Extra Firm Control

Type 3a/3b - Botticelli curls with a little bit of corkscrew
  • alaskantsunamialaskantsunami Registered Users Posts: 421
    CO is fine. As a swimmer, I was worried about the chemicals building up on my head, but all I have to do is CO to get everything out.
    2C and all the 3s, iii, F, natural brunette.
    mod CG since 03.21.10

Kelso: Hey, guys? I'm thinking about getting a perm. Hyde, can I get the number of your guy?
    Hyde: I don't have a guy. This righteous moss is a gift from God.
    -That 70s Show

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file