Looks like I'm going to be "modified" CG

rachelillyrachelilly Posts: 40Registered Users
Hey everyone,

just thought I'd share a surprising discovery I made the other day.

So I am a 2b/c that gets a little 3a if I diffuse or comb my hair wet so the clumps are a little smaller. But usually I air-dry my hair and it's mostly wavy with really loose, big curls. Recently, it had gotten kinda limp and unruly and like any person would think, I added more moisture. Turned out I was over-moisturizing my hair (funny how it makes it frizzy!)

I went with baking soda to try to clarify; I have been shampoo-less for 3 months now and I guess the build-up finally got to me. Did the baking soda rinse, closed the cuticle with a little ACV & honey, and then poured on some coconut oil for an all-over DT and left that on for a while. Got out of the shower, hair feeling silky soft, let it air dry.

Usually, my hair looks "wet" til I scrunch out the crunch, and then it turns into lovely soft curls. But I just kept scrunching, and scrunching, and scrunching ... it WAS dry. And greasy. And oily. It was a disaster.

I hopped back in the shower and the oil just would not get out of my hair so I desperately reached for some Pantene Curls shampoo (supposedly hydrating, but second ingredient ... dimethicone. I didn't care at this point, I wanted to feel clean.) So I scrub away at my scalp, put in all my other regular products, leave-ins, etc ...

Not impressed with how my hair was at first, but the next morning I wake up to the most beautiful hair I've had in a while. The shine was back, the bounce was back, and the roots of my hair were SOFT. Silky soft! They haven't been this soft since ... well, when I used shampoo.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced a similar thing to this, going CG, having your hair go limp, and then shampooing just once and then putting all your CG products back in like usual. I suppose I'm gonna try shampooing once or twice a week and see if it keeps my hair resilient. I know many people are "modified CG" using some "good cones" or light shampooing.

What are your experiences with modifying your routines?

(Sorry about my novel! Haha.)
2c/F/ii
CG since 1/28/10, growing it out!

Shampoo: Burt's Bees Pomegranate & Soy
CO wash: Suave Naturals Refreshing Tangerine
CO: Suave Naturals Refreshing Tangerine + honey, GFTN as DT
Leave-in: Suave Naturals Refreshing Tangerine
Styling: HEBE, LA Looks Sport Gel, FSG
Sealing:coconut oil
Clarifying: ACV once a week
Do not like: plopping!
comic-s.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/Rachelily/

Comments

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    rachelilly wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

So I am a 2b/c that gets a little 3a if I diffuse or comb my hair wet so the clumps are a little smaller. But usually I air-dry my hair and it's mostly wavy with really loose, big curls. Recently, it had gotten kinda limp and unruly and like any person would think, I added more moisture. Turned out I was over-moisturizing my hair (funny how it makes it frizzy!)

I went with baking soda to try to clarify; I have been shampoo-less for 3 months now and I guess the build-up finally got to me. Did the baking soda rinse, closed the cuticle with a little ACV & honey, and then poured on some coconut oil for an all-over DT and left that on for a while. Got out of the shower, hair feeling silky soft, let it air dry.

Usually, my hair looks "wet" til I scrunch out the crunch, and then it turns into lovely soft curls. But I just kept scrunching, and scrunching, and scrunching ... it WAS dry. And greasy. And oily. It was a disaster.

I hopped back in the shower and the oil just would not get out of my hair so I desperately reached for some Pantene Curls shampoo (supposedly hydrating, but second ingredient ... dimethicone. I didn't care at this point, I wanted to feel clean.) So I scrub away at my scalp, put in all my other regular products, leave-ins, etc ...

Not impressed with how my hair was at first, but the next morning I wake up to the most beautiful hair I've had in a while. The shine was back, the bounce was back, and the roots of my hair were SOFT. Silky soft! They haven't been this soft since ... well, when I used shampoo.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced a similar thing to this, going CG, having your hair go limp, and then shampooing just once and then putting all your CG products back in like usual. I suppose I'm gonna try shampooing once or twice a week and see if it keeps my hair resilient. I know many people are "modified CG" using some "good cones" or light shampooing.

Just to be clear...

Modified CG is when you use sulfates or nonsoluble cones within a majority CG regimen.

As long as the Poo is sulfate free you're CG. LM discusses (esp with wavies) that you may need to use a lowpoo every now and then. Deva is a CG line created by her and one of her products is low poo.

Although cones should be avoided, water-soluble ones are compatible with cowashing and are generally accepted.

but yep.. tons of us CG girls poo, just no sulfates!
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • rachelillyrachelilly Posts: 40Registered Users
    Hey everyone,

Just to be clear...

Modified CG is when you use sulfates or nonsoluble cones within a majority CG regimen.

As long as the Poo is sulfate free you're CG. LM discusses (esp with wavies) that you may need to use a lowpoo every now and then. Deva is a CG line created by her and one of her products is low poo.

Although cones should be avoided, water-soluble ones are compatible with cowashing and are generally accepted.

Good to know! :)

The shampoo unfortunately has BOTH cones and a sulfate in it! So I realize over time this will cause buildup in my hair that I'll need to get rid of. Shampooing definitely improves the results I get with my hair, but most likely if I stick to this shampoo it will suck the moisture out of my hair over time.

Trouble is, it's so hard to find a CG friendly low poo at the drug store!
    2c/F/ii

comic-s.jpg

The shampoo unfortunately has BOTH cones and a sulfate in it! So I realize over time this will cause buildup in my hair that I'll need to get rid of. Shampooing definitely improves the results I get with my hair, but most likely if I stick to this shampoo it will suck the moisture out of my hair over time.

Yeah.. its tough as its way cheaper for companies to make sulfate poo than not.

Are you near a Sally's?? They sell Coloresse and Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo. Both CG.

Drugstore should carry Dr. Bronner's castile soap as well as Burt's Bees... which are both CG.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    Just to be clear...

That's what I always thought, but for as long as I've been on this site, those who use lo-poos have been considered modified CG.

Rechelilly, you need to do what's best for your hair. Many wavies can't only co-wash. Not all curlies can either.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
    Nallia wrote: »
    That's what I always thought, but for as long as I've been on this site, those who use lo-poos have been considered modified CG.

Rechelilly, you need to do what's best for your hair. Many wavies can't only co-wash. Not all curlies can either.

That's cause if you take a true poll of whose actually READ LM's book cover to cover.. vs. googled CG off the internet (which depending what you read, isnt always correct), you'll see that modified CG is misconstrued.

The woman who wrote CG... cant go back on her mandate and generate DevaCare/Curl LowPoo.. LOL.. that doesn't make ANY sense!! This is HER LINE and the HG for the CG method.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    Just to be clear...

That was what I heard about wavies, too. I'm now in the process of trying to find the right shampoo ... I loved the way the lather felt from the Pantene so I want something with a similar feel to that, so I guess I need to shop the market!
    2c/F/ii

comic-s.jpg

Yeah.. its tough as its way cheaper for companies to make sulfate poo than not.

Are you near a Sally's?? They sell Coloresse and Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo. Both CG.

Drugstore should carry Dr. Bronner's castile soap as well as Burt's Bees... which are both CG.

I am near a Sally's, do you know much about the Burt's Bees / have you tried it and like it? I also have a Target nearby and they carry that Giovanni 50:50 that some girls like.
    2c/F/ii

comic-s.jpg

There are Giovanni and Avalon Organics shampoos without sulfates in the Organic/Natural aisle in Wal-Mart as well.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

I am near a Sally's, do you know much about the Burt's Bees / have you tried it and like it? I also have a Target nearby and they carry that Giovanni 50:50 that some girls like.

I really like Burt's Bees, and I have a bit here-- but I have stuff (mail order) that I like better. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    There are Giovanni and Avalon Organics shampoos without sulfates in the Organic/Natural aisle in Wal-Mart as well.

Definitely liking the way the Giovanni sounds; looking through a 2 thread a lot of wavies were saying they used the 50:50 and liked it.
    2c/F/ii

comic-s.jpg

I really like Burt's Bees, and I have a bit here-- but I have stuff (mail order) that I like better. :)

Yeah :) I am all for saving money ... but I just KNOW I should give in and go for the Curlmart products! They are, after all, designed with us in mind.
    2c/F/ii

comic-s.jpg

Definitely liking the way the Giovanni sounds; looking through a 2 thread a lot of wavies were saying they used the 50:50 and liked it.
    I bought the tea Tree Triple treat yesterday because I've been having scalp issues now that Spring allergy season has started again. I want the 50:50 too but it was out of stock.

• 85MR285MR2 Posts: 226Registered Users
    So far I haven't needed to shampoo, but I found Kiss My Face Big Body shampoo at the drugstore. It's sulfate free. I have it stashed away just in case I have a moment like yours.
    CG since 2/23/10!

2B 3A mix, fine texture and high porosity at crown/bangs, normal elsewhere. I like protein!

Trying to grow out a short haircut.

WASH: Jessicurl Cleansing Cream (once every week or so)
    CONDITION: Jessicurl Too Shea! or Aloeba Conditioner
    STYLE: Jessicurl Gelebration Spray/Awe Inspiraling Spray

http://public.fotki.com/85MR2/ (PICS OF CG TRANSITION SO FAR) Need to update. No pics with the Jessicurl products yet, but I LOVE them!
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte

That's cause if you take a true poll of whose actually READ LM's book cover to cover.. vs. googled CG off the internet (which depending what you read, isnt always correct), you'll see that modified CG is misconstrued.

The woman who wrote CG... cant go back on her mandate and generate DevaCare/Curl LowPoo.. LOL.. that doesn't make ANY sense!! This is HER LINE and the HG for the CG method.

The CG book was written a long time ago. We've all discovered a lot since that time. The original [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]Deva One C[/buylink] had amethicone in it! She took a lot of heat on that one and eventually removed it.

I agree with Nallia. LM may have written the CG book (as you said, she suggested that 2's need to poo once a week, so they can use shampoo and still be considered CG), but most of us on nc.com have our discussions as to what we think "modified" CG is. Using sulfate or non water soluble cones isn't considered any kind of CG--ever. Those are just about the only taboos. Other then that, the definition is pretty much in the "eye of the beholder." Some of us feel that using anything water soluble is okay, others feel that no cones are okay. I consider myself modified CG because I use the natural soap bars to cleanse (which are really gentle) and only use lowpoo a few times a year.

I think most of us have come to the conclusion that you do what's best for your hair--doesn't really matter what you call it!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm Modified CG, because during the times when the air is more humid, I low-poo every 8-10 days. I've tried to be a "pure" CG, but it didn't work for me. But during the dry seasons, usually winter and some summer days, I'm usually "pure" CG.

This winter, actually it began during the summer, I noticed that I'm cowashing more and using fewer to no products with 'cones. I even stopped using my low poo this winter!

Some people need a month, while others need three before they know if the CG method works for them. I needed three months.

The only time I had build-up was this winter when my hair went flat.I was advised that there was too much glycerin in my regimen. So, I cut it out. But then I used a product with Dimethicone-insoluble cone, and my bounce came back! Huh??!

Overall, give the CG method another try--keep asking questions. You will find the answer that your hair needs.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
    kathymack wrote: »
    The CG book was written a long time ago. We've all discovered a lot since that time. The original [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]Deva One C[/buylink] had amethicone in it! She took a lot of heat on that one and eventually removed it.

I agree with Nallia. LM may have written the CG book (as you said, she suggested that 2's need to poo once a week, so they can use shampoo and still be considered CG), but most of us on nc.com have our discussions as to what we think "modified" CG is. Using sulfate or non water soluble cones isn't considered any kind of CG--ever. Those are just about the only taboos. Other then that, the definition is pretty much in the "eye of the beholder." Some of us feel that using anything water soluble is okay, others feel that no cones are okay. I consider myself modified CG because I use the natural soap bars to cleanse (which are really gentle) and only use lowpoo a few times a year.

I think most of us have come to the conclusion that you do what's best for your hair--doesn't really matter what you call it!

I did know about the original OC formula.
    I agree that sulfate/cone use isn't true CG, but there are ladies who occasionally clean slate with a sulfate poo or use cones whose solubility is middle of the road but their mainstay is cowashing. Anyway, I guess its in the eye of the beholder as you said and I totally agree that in the end you have to do what's best for your hair. CG has been great to me, but its made many a head of hair unhappy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »
    . . . . most of us on nc.com have our discussions as to what we think "modified" CG is. Using sulfate or non water soluble cones isn't considered any kind of CG--ever. Those are just about the only taboos. Other then that, the definition is pretty much in the "eye of the beholder." Some of us feel that using anything water soluble is okay, others feel that no cones are okay . . . I think most of us have come to the conclusion that you do what's best for your hair--doesn't really matter what you call it!

This. I very much agree with the bolded statement.

I call myself modified because I low-poo fairly regularly with a sulfate-free shampoo. And because I do that, I sometimes allow myself the occasional water soluble 'cone. That seems to be a fairly typical interpretation of modified.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • 85MR285MR2 Posts: 226Registered Users
    I've heard my routine is considered "modified" because I pixiecurl diffuse here and there and use a mousse instead of a gel. Whatever. It doesn't matter what you call it. LEARN about your hair, LISTEN to it, and good things will happen.
    CG since 2/23/10!

2B 3A mix, fine texture and high porosity at crown/bangs, normal elsewhere. I like protein!

Trying to grow out a short haircut.

WASH: Jessicurl Cleansing Cream (once every week or so)
    CONDITION: Jessicurl Too Shea! or Aloeba Conditioner
    STYLE: Jessicurl Gelebration Spray/Awe Inspiraling Spray

http://public.fotki.com/85MR2/ (PICS OF CG TRANSITION SO FAR) Need to update. No pics with the Jessicurl products yet, but I LOVE them!
    If diffusing causes one to be considered modified, many, many, if not most everyone, would be modified, LOL. Have never seen/heard anyone who counts that or use of 'cone-free mousse . . . just haven't seen the right threads, I guess.

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • CurlyToastCurlyToast Posts: 579Registered Users
    Just casting another vote for "do what works." I alternate KCKT/CC every few days with my Mixed Chicks Leave In (which contains Amodimethicone). I've found that, on days when I diffuse, I get more consistently good results with the MCLI, whereas I get too tame/clumpy if I use it to air dry.

Sometimes it seems like some CG'ers -- especially people who have just discovered no/low-poo -- are more intent on following the "rules" than figuring out what works with their hair. My own opinion is that, if it yields healthy/happy hair, who cares? :)
    CurlyToast wrote: »
    Just casting another vote for "do what works." I alternate [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink]/CC every few days with my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Mixed-Chicks-Leave-in-Conditioner-p-279.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=mixed-chicks-leavein-conditioner]Mixed Chicks Leave In[/buylink] (which contains Amodimethicone). I've found that, on days when I diffuse, I get more consistently good results with the MCLI, whereas I get too tame/clumpy if I use it to air dry.

Sometimes it seems like some CG'ers -- especially people who have just discovered no/low-poo -- are more intent on following the "rules" than figuring out what works with their hair. My own opinion is that, if it yields healthy/happy hair, who cares? :)

I have a friend who adores MCLI and her hair looks awesome with it. Whenever she decides to use it she simply lowpoo's after to get it out and moves on.

CG rhetoric aside: I think that its sooo hard to make our hair happy that its almost "by any means necessary". LOL!! Just DO it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    After falling in love with the model's hair on a sidebar ad that was running on here for a while, I got some MCLI a while back - loved the idea that it was touted to be sort of an all-in-one product, but it just didn't do much for me even if I diffused (which I almost always do). I finally traded it. I think it would work well for someone a little curlier than me, though.

www.fotki.com/auntnett
    Just casting another vote for "do what works." I alternate [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink]/CC every few days with my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Mixed-Chicks-Leave-in-Conditioner-p-279.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=mixed-chicks-leavein-conditioner]Mixed Chicks Leave In[/buylink] (which contains Amodimethicone). I've found that, on days when I diffuse, I get more consistently good results with the MCLI, whereas I get too tame/clumpy if I use it to air dry.

I have a friend who adores MCLI and her hair looks awesome with it. Whenever she decides to use it she simply lowpoo's after to get it out and moves on.

CG rhetoric aside: I think that its sooo hard to make our hair happy that its almost "by any means necessary". LOL!! Just DO it!

Oh my goodness, that's the truth :hello1:;-)
  • rachelilyrachelily Posts: 340Registered Users
    Greatcurls wrote: »
    I'm Modified CG, because during the times when the air is more humid, I low-poo every 8-10 days. I've tried to be a "pure" CG, but it didn't work for me. But during the dry seasons, usually winter and some summer days, I'm usually "pure" CG.

This winter, actually it began during the summer, I noticed that I'm cowashing more and using fewer to no products with 'cones. I even stopped using my low poo this winter!

Some people need a month, while others need three before they know if the CG method works for them. I needed three months.

The only time I had build-up was this winter when my hair went flat.I was advised that there was too much glycerin in my regimen. So, I cut it out. But then I used a product with Dimethicone-insoluble cone, and my bounce came back! Huh??!

Overall, give the CG method another try--keep asking questions. You will find the answer that your hair needs.

I had the same thing happen when I used the Pantene .. my hair looked so nice! But I guess that was really from the removal of product build-up. A lot of people are suggesting to just low-poo "when my hair needs it", which is exactly what I plan on doing; it sounds best that way.
    azb3ev.jpg
    2b-c/m/ii

Aussie Aussome Volume shampoo
    Coconut oil + Aussie AV shampoo
    Eufora aloe vera leave-in conditioner
    LA Looks Sport Gel

I use the super-soaker method :)

Haha I was one of those CG'ers when I first started 3 months ago til it finally dawned on me that we all have completely different heads of hair (minus the lucky few who have found their hair twins!) and no one will benefit from the same set of rules someone else uses. It is taking a lot of trial and error but I am finally figuring out what my hair "likes", as it has been said!
    azb3ev.jpg
    2b-c/m/ii

LA Looks Sport Gel

Well I really appreciate everyone's advice, it sounds like the motto is turning out to be "do what my hair wants". I bought the Burt's Bees Pomegranate & Soy "More Volume" or whatever shampoo today, and tried it out (and it smells great) and it seemed to be pretty nice. Gentle, too. I will use this whenever my hair seems to do that limp and frizzy thing again.

Thanks everybody!
    azb3ev.jpg
    2b-c/m/ii

LA Looks Sport Gel

rachelily wrote: »

Haha I was one of those CG'ers when I first started 3 months ago til it finally dawned on me that we all have completely different heads of hair (minus the lucky few who have found their hair twins!) and no one will benefit from the same set of rules someone else uses. It is taking a lot of trial and error but I am finally figuring out what my hair "likes", as it has been said!

I think following the rules will definitely get you to a good base point, in terms of assessing your hair and learning how it behaves under what conditions. From there, it's all uncharted territory.

OT -- this thread totally inspired me to try the MCLI without diffusing, now that my hair has grown out a bit. I *love* this stuff when I want/need tame, defined curls. :flower:
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This is a really good thread for newbies. It helped me a lot. I am beginning to think it doesn't matter if you use sulfates or 'cones as long as your hair is moisturized in between. Before learning about CG I was just in the cycle of sulfate/cone. I wonder what would happen if I did diluted sulfate (works just as well)/moisturize?

I don't know. It's all trial and error for me right now, especially since I have really short hair right now. :?
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Saila wrote: »
    This is a really good thread for newbies. It helped me a lot. I am beginning to think it doesn't matter if you use sulfates or 'cones as long as your hair is moisturized in between. Before learning about CG I was just in the cycle of sulfate/cone. I wonder what would happen if I did diluted sulfate (works just as well)/moisturize?

I don't know. It's all trial and error for me right now, especially since I have really short hair right now. :?

I tried this recently! I used approximately three parts of CO-wash condish to one part of sulfate 'poo to wash with when my hair felt really greasy (transition period -- ugh! So glad that's mostly over with). I guess I am just really sensitive to sulfate 'poo, because my scalp started getting really itchy and sore again -- even oily, too, because it was over-stripped from that little bit of shampoo. My hair officially HATES sulfates! :tongue3: Since I've been CG, my scalp has never been better. The length of my hair -- that's a different story!

Rachelily, you do what your hair likes! If it likes sulfates and 'cones, by all means, go for it! Do what makes you and your hair feel good.
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    At least you found something that works for your scalp! I've noticed my scalp has calmed down in terms of producing oil now. I thought I had oily hair, but I really, my scalp was just trying to compensate for the harsh sulfates. Have you considered using jojoba oil for your scalp? I've only heard amazing things about it on here.

My conditioner has stopped working. I've lost body and definition. So today, I am thinking about shampooing with my old sulfate shampoo, except it will be extremely diluted with water. Probably close to 1 parts to 10. (This is what I used to clarify initially when I went CG and it worked well without being too harsh.)Then I'm going to deep condition and rinse and see where that leaves me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file