I look icky... :(

Ok, after about a month CG (i think) my scalp that NEVER EVER EVER got greasy pre-CG or after, suddenly is. I think I wanna try a sulfate-free shampoo but I have no idea what to use. It needs to be Walgreens or Target-available and CHEAP...I'm so broke right now :cry: I've looked through a lot of threads on here, but most of the sulfate-free shampoos were either pricey, not drug-store available, or have cones (like Paves). I remember reading somewhere somethign about Activate, I think? Any one use that? HELP....I look gross![/list]
3a on top and sides/3b underneath...lots of hair

My HG: Sabino Lok & Blok

Comments

• EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    Isoplus is the cheapest non-sulfate shampoo. It's under $3. There's also Creme of Nature, which is about 50 cents more, and Paves, which is a few dollars more. HTH!
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    Yes, the Activate shampoo is sulfate-free. I picked it up (and then used it) completely by accident, because the bottle is exactly the same as the conditioner's bottle. :lol: I normally don't use any shampoo, and the few times I've used a sulfate-free 'poo since going CG, my hair feels a bit dry afterwards. Not at all with this one. And it smells fantastic! I think it's $7 a bottle.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • curlybrunette5curlybrunette5 Registered Users Posts: 264
    I'm pretty sure Paves isn't CG-friendly. Cuz I used it for awhile and there's dimethicone in it.

But I think I'm definately going to get some Activate today! Have you tried their deep conditioner, by any chance? How was it?

• cymprenicympreni Registered Users Posts: 9,609 Curl Neophyte
    Paves does have cones in it, I bought it myself, I was so excited about the no-suflates that I didn't read very well. And it smells terrible. it has no fragrance and has a chemically smell like perm or hair dye, that lingered the entire day, i hoped the smell would go away but didn't and I ended up rewashing before bed, just because I couldn't take it anymore.

Here is the ingredient listing for the ultra-hydrating version:

water, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, lauryl glucose carboxylate, lauryl glucoside, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocamide mea, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, cocamidopropyl, hydroxysultane, polyquaterhium-7, linoleamidorpropyl pg-dimonium chloride phosphae, Peg-7 glyceryl, cocoate, hydrolyed wheat protein pg-proply silaetriol, panax ginseng root extract, arginne, acetrl tyrosine, arctium maus (burdock) root extract, hydrolyzedsoy protien, polyquaternium-11, Pe-12 dimeticone, calcium pantothenate,zincgluconate,niacinamide,ornithine hcl,citrulline, glucosamine hcl,biotin, symphytum officinale (comfrey) exract, dimethicone, stereth-2, cetyl alcohol, sodium chloride, perseagratissima (avacado) oil, squalane, lavandulaangustifolia(lavender) oil, geranium maculatum oil,citrusmedica (lemon) peel oil, citrusaurantium dulcis (orange) oil, citric acid, disodium edta, methylchlorosothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, methyldihydrojasmonate, Iodopropynyl utycarbamate, carmel, citrus noius (mandain orange) peel oil, citrus tangerina (tangerine) peel oil.

so from what I counted and I could be wrong, 2 dimethicones, 2 polyquats, and 2 others ending in one.

the amount of plant and frut oils surprise me but don't be fooled, after resmelling it I can smell the citrus alittle, but it doesn't even come close to overridding the chemical smell.

I can't in clean conscious even give this crap away, and I don't know anyone I dislike enought to wish it on them I hated it so bad. Oh and the bottles are sealed so you can't smell it before hand. The most shocking thing is it's still even under my sink. And I don't throw away stuff easily, Im the type who always tries to find someone who'll want it.
  • curlybrunette5curlybrunette5 Registered Users Posts: 264
    I don't think it's THAT bad! haha...I kinda liked the smell at first but after using it for a year, it got to me. It NEVER lingered in my hair, as soon as my hair was dry the smell was gone. Paves stuff worked on my hair for awhile, but I still ended up going CG and the results of that are far more fabulous. All the products are sitting on my shelf now as I've switched to CG...however, my boyfriend really took a liking to the gel. It works so much better on his stick straight hair than it ever did on my curls. Oh well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file