Vacation Hair

BrwnGrl_inUTBrwnGrl_inUT Registered Users Posts: 9
Hi ladies!

I am traveling to Jamaica in 2 weeks for 6 days of fun in the sun! The last time I went to a tropical island I had a fresh relaxer and could have cared less about my hair getting wet or frizzing. Fast forward to today-my last relaxer was November 2008- half my hair is natural and the other half is relaxed. I typically straighten my hair once every 2 weeks and do not wear any natural styles. However I am almost positive as soon as I step off the plane my blow out will FRIZZ! Any suggestions on hairstyles I can wear while in humid Jamaica? I am not a fan of braids or twists, but desperate times call for desperate measures!!

Have any of you ladies vacationed to humid climates while transitioning? I currently live in Utah which is an extremely dry climate so I'm pretty positive that my hair is not going to react well to the humidity.

Any suggestions or tips are appreciated!!

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    However I am almost positive as soon as I step off the plane my blow out will FRIZZ!

That's what happened to me in PR. I would get twists next time I go down there, or else plan to bun a lot.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • tsha74tsha74 Registered Users Posts: 81
    However I am almost positive as soon as I step off the plane my blow out will FRIZZ!

That's what happened to me in PR. I would get twists next time I go down there, or else plan to bun a lot.

I'm going to PR in July, what time of year did you go? Although I'm planning to be done with my transition and fully natural then. I've been stressing about my hair and it's not even close to time for my vacation. UGH!!!:thumbdown:
    Last Relaxer: Nov 2008
    Transitioned: 18 months
    BC: April 4/20/2010
  • whimsywhimsy Registered Users Posts: 48
    Yay for your transition and have fun in Jamaica!!!

I'd suggest you doing braidouts, so at night you dampen your hair, braid it up and each morning you unbraid it and wear it curly all day. That way the humidity won't wreck the style, and you'll look adorable.

You could also just get your hair braided even if you're not a fan so you can be hair-worry-free for the vacay.

What do your wash n go's look like? Workable? That's my usual vacation hair M.O.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file