CurlTalk

Semi-impromptu gathering in San Francisco next week?

Hey everyone. :) I know I NEVER post on the hair board anymore, but wanted to throw out the idea of a curly gathering in SF next Friday evening, April 2. I'll be in SF...um...for a hair cut, :) , and thought maybe we should throw together a curly gathering. (BTW, I'm not admitting to very many people - other than the tons of you here - that I'm driving 5.5 hours and staying overnight for a haircut. But I knew you'd understand. :) )

Anyway, I haven't looked into venues yet or anything, as I just wanted to see if there was any interest. Interested? I'll also cross post this on the gathering and non-hair boards.
If you're not going to make your dreams epic, why bother to dream anything at all? -Scott Miller

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,571Registered Users
    I'm free so far! Keep me posted and we'll figure out details! :D

Where are you going for the haircut?
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • JessicurlJessicurl Posts: 401Registered Users
    Oooo Curlilocks, it would be so great to see you, AND, I think my friend Lynne will be there, and you two have always reminded me of each other. :) (that is a compliment to you both. :) )

I'm thinking 6 or so, and am still trying to figure out where. Ideas? :)

Haircut: Ron Lee at Suite 5. He used to be at Elevation and about 8 years ago (pre-Jessicurl) I saved up my money for like 4 months to go see him and it was THE BEST haircut EVER. Last week I decided "Hey, why don't I just go get myself another awesome hair cut, shall I?" :) I'm really stoked. It's been crazy up here lately so taking two days to go to SF by myself, stay in a hotel, get a fabulous hair cut, go shopping, do some work and meet some curlies sounds SO awesome to me right now. :)
    If you're not going to make your dreams epic, why bother to dream anything at all? -Scott Miller
    Jess? Are you still coming out? Planning to meet anyone? I haven't heard any updates and just realized that's tomorrow. :?

Not sure if I could make it now, but we'll see.
  • JessicurlJessicurl Posts: 401Registered Users
    Did you get my PM? We're on for tomorrow at 6pm at Greens - Fort Mason. I do hope you can make it!!!!
    :( I never got a PM. Since I hadn't heard anything, it kind of slipped my mind. I'll have to see what time DH plans to be home, but he usually doesn't get home til after 6 so I don't think I'll make it. I know traffic would be horrible at that time so I'd have to be on the way early to make it there in time. :(