Using the same product for co-wash and conditioning?

Does anyone do this? Thanks!
Highly porous, medium-to-course, 3b
Colored at home to cover grays
Brand-new to CG, so I'm trying:
Co-wash: Suave Naturals Lavender
Condish: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
Styling: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel

Comments

• KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Registered Users Posts: 714
    No...
    I like to use a conditioner w/tea tree oil for my (itchy) scalp only (like Giovanni Triple Treat), and another one just for my hair. (I like Renpure, the red bottle, or Mill Creek Jojoba.)
    I use them at the same time, just to save time and... well, I'm lazy. I leave them in for a few minutes while I shower. Then I detangle and rinse them both out.
    Then I use a whole other conditioner to leave-in (like [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Jessicurl Too Shea[/buylink]! or Dr. Bronner's Lavender Leave-In.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • firefightersgalfirefightersgal Registered Users Posts: 15
    Thanks! As you can tell by my sig., I changed my mind on what I was going to do. :)
    Highly porous, medium-to-course, 3b
    Colored at home to cover grays
    Brand-new to CG, so I'm trying:
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Lavender
    Condish: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Styling: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel
  • only1frenchyonly1frenchy Registered Users Posts: 58
    i do sometimes...it just depends! i use a lighter conditioner to co wash and heavier one to leave in but sometimes I want a lighter one so I use it for both! lol! I guess it all depends on what you prefer! :)
    Follow my Blog: www.curliefries.com
    Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/only1frenchy/
    Last relaxer: Aug. 2006
    BC: Feb. 2008
    CG: 1/17/10
  • Miss LynxMiss Lynx Registered Users Posts: 27
    I do. Seems to work OK. But I'm still relatively new to all this, so I may end up tinkering with my routine eventually. But using the same basic conditioner for everything seems to be working reasonably well so far...
    Hair type: 3a (fine "Botticelli curls", a little less than shoulder length).
    CG Status: Mostly CG since Feb 25 - it's still kind a work in progress.
    Currently using: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut conditioner as both co-wash and leave-in, and Aussie Instant Freeze gel. Have almost entirely kicked the blow drying habit now, and finally gotten the hang of that clipping thing.
  • plunkybugplunkybug Registered Users Posts: 2,526
    I did this once, but made a Lemonaid Rinse with the conditioner for the co-wash. Adding the lemon juice thinned out the conditioner and made it spread well, plus it clarified a little I think. Then I used the full strength conditioner on the rest of my hair. Seemed alright but I wouldn't want to do this every time I wash.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I use only one conditioner whenever I wash my hair so I consider that CO-washing. I rotate brands. I have never followed that first conditioner with a 2nd one. For me, that would be overkill. I do, however, use a separate leave-in when I get out of the shower, to detangle, but it's not part of my hair washing regimen. This has worked fine for me since I started CO-washing years ago.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • Fii_RoseFii_Rose Registered Users Posts: 79
    I do currently, works well for me but I have had that much chance to see if I can perfect further with a different leave on conditioner :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ... my big usual smile for multicultcurly :P

:toothy4: 3 b/c bsl length ridiculously thick brown curls with blonde highlights

I'm really like my curls but rarely wear my hair fully down as it isn't really styled and tends to go bushy

... really seeking an edgy indie style cut that suits my hair type, but wont make the move till I'm sure its right for me as I have been growing my hair to this point for so long :toothy4:
  • willowmina moonwillowmina moon Registered Users Posts: 109
    I have tried it both ways and until I started using Tressemme Naturals nothing worked. With the Naturals conditioner it works. May not work for everyone but it works for me.
    Willow Moon
    3a, thin, fine, porous
    Tresemme Radiant Volume for Co-Wash
    Suave Mango Mandarin for Co-Wash
    Rosehip Seed Oil 5 drops after Co-Wash
    White Rain Hair Spray when hair is damp/dry
  • MusicaMusica Registered Users Posts: 12
    I do!

It works perfectly fine for me. I have naturally super dry hair so I always need moisture. :toothy7:

I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-One-Condition-p-467.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-one-condition]Devacare One Condition[/buylink].
  • sweetas17sweetas17 Registered Users Posts: 143
    I sometimes use the same conditioner for co-wash and rinse, but mostly I use a thin conditioner for co-washing and a thicker conditioner for rinse. My hair loves moisture.

Cowash=Suave wild cherry or Tresemme
    Rinse=Garnier triple nutrition (new one with no cones)or TIGI oatmeal & honey
    CG re-joined: 3/15/2012
    2c,3a, (sensitive to protein)
    Cowash: Suave Naturals Coconut, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    RinseOut (rotate): GVP condish balm, Garnier 3X Nutrition, Aubrey Honeysuckle
    Cleansing: KC Come Clean
    Stylers: CK, Biotera gel & cream, HE set me up, Pantene Curl Gel Spray
    Sunscreen: Fairy Tales Coco Cabana Sun Spray
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    I will in a pinch, but only if the co-wash is suitable as a moisturizing rinse out as well. There are not too many that can clean, moisturize and detangle:

EO Rose chamomile conditioner
    Renpure Organics My Pretty Hair is Parched moisturizing condish
    Mop Top Conditioner
    Robert Craig Conditioner
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • curls 2nvcurls 2nv Registered Users Posts: 318
    definately. my scalp loves vo5 and my hair loves it as well. i would love to try something else to condition (pj) but my budget isnt allowing of that right now so the cheapie works just fine
    CG Curly
    Why does the pj monster haunt me so?:twisted:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing my bf's hair from cbl to apl
  • xfactorgloryxfactorglory Registered Users Posts: 9
    I totally do. Don't really have to money at the moment to buy anything more, but I use Suave Naturals Wild Cherry Blossoms (just bought it, have only used it once but I love it a ton more than the Strawberry one. Its way thicker). I use some expensive cremes that I bought a long time ago (when we had to money) but after seeing another thread, I think I'm going to beg my mom to go out and buy me LA Looks gel. Its super cheap and, from what I've read, it works great!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
  • BrittneyBuddyBrittneyBuddy Registered Users Posts: 59
    I do. And it works well for me. I use Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner for both CO washing and conditioning and my hair is soft and happy. It's one of the best conditioners I've ever used. Plus it smells good!
    But I don't use it as a leave-in.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    3a, fine hair, high density, normal porosity and elasicity
    Low poo: Coloresse Moisture Shampoo
    RO: GVPCB
    LI: KCKT
    Gel: KCCC
    DT: SMT with GVPCB
    PT: Cure Care Conditioner
    Sealant: Grapeseed oil
    Other useful things: Homemade spray gel (diluted LI, gel, and sealant)
    Love plopping and air drying!
    Hate blow drying (cept for my bangs which *gasp* I blow dry straight!)
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Registered Users Posts: 1,540 Curl Novice
    I have since the weather has gotten warmer. I was using two conditioners, a co wash and rinse out, in the winter but ended up overconditioned. Using one conditioner for co washing has worked out great for me so far.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    I do. In fact I only do the one step, conditioner washing, and that's it. And I don't use a leave in.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • LollipopLollipop Registered Users Posts: 67
    I do; I like whole foods herbal mint and Tresemme Naturals moisturizing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file