I want to go CG, but I have a very important question first.

I believe that CG could do wonders for my hair, which I already love right now anyway. I really want to try this, but I have one major concern: as a swimmer, will this work for me?

I swim for 2-4 hours everyday, and needless to say I get my fill of chlorine. I've tried 230948324 types of anti-chlorine shampoos, and none have worked any magic, so I stick with Burt's Bees which seems to do the job. So if I do decide on CG, it won't effect any anti-chlorine shampooing.

However, I don't know if the chemicals will counteract the whole process or if I'll be okay. Help?
2C and all the 3s, iii, F, natural brunette.
mod CG since 03.21.10

Kelso: Hey, guys? I'm thinking about getting a perm. Hyde, can I get the number of your guy?
Hyde: I don't have a guy. This righteous moss is a gift from God.
-That 70s Show

Comments

• NaturalistaNaturalista Registered Users Posts: 5,491 Curl Neophyte
    I believe that CG could do wonders for my hair, which I already love right now anyway. I really want to try this, but I have one major concern: as a swimmer, will this work for me?

I swim for 2-4 hours everyday, and needless to say I get my fill of chlorine. I've tried 230948324 types of anti-chlorine shampoos, and none have worked any magic, so I stick with Burt's Bees which seems to do the job. So if I do decide on CG, it won't effect any anti-chlorine shampooing.

However, I don't know if the chemicals will counteract the whole process or if I'll be okay. Help?

I swim, and the best advice I can give you is prepoo. Load your hair with conditioner to protect it under the swim cap. Thick conditioners are best. Prepooing not only helps with the stripping effects of chlorine, but also with the sometimes drying effects of shampoo.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    Chlorine can be a real issue. I don't know much about it, but I can give you a couple of links.
    Curl chemist on chlorine
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curly-q-a/dealing-with-damage-done-to-your-hair-bywater
    Natural haven on chlorine.
    http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2009/05/swimming-questions.html
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file