Some Questions

I am tempted to try out the no shampoo/cg thing. Since i'm trying to grow my hair out, and want my curls to for once in my life look good and be managable. I just have a few quick questions.

1. Should I start it now even though, my hair is still very short (pixie cut), or wait for it to grow out?

2. Do I have to use leave-in conditioner? Does the ones that spray on count?

3. Can I really use t-shirts or paper towels to dry my hair?

4. Is it okay to just use conditioner and gel? Because i'm thinking since my hair is short, I don't need to use leave-in, but might when it grows out more.

5. Oh and I have dandruff and none of the anti-dandruff shampoo's worked for me. So I read online that vinegar helps and it does. Will it still be safe to use on my hair?

Anywho, that's all the questions I have so far ^_^. Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi Pink Melody-
    1. Should I start it now even though, my hair is still very short (pixie cut), or wait for it to grow out?
    Start now. Even though your hair is short, that hair will eventually be the ends of your long hair. It is best to keep it in the most healthy condition possible. CG will do that.
    2. Do I have to use leave-in conditioner? Does the ones that spray on count?
    No, you don't have to use a leave-in. Yes a spray one counts. Most curly hair needs lots of moisture and a leave in helps provide that moisture. If your hair doesn't need a leave in, there is no need to use one.
    3. Can I really use t-shirts or paper towels to dry my hair?
    Yep. You can use an old 100% cotton t-shirt, a microfiber towel, or a flour sack towel (sold in the dish towel section). There are also some specialty towels and things you can use. I've never used paper towels. I don't see any need to kill trees to make them if you can just grab a t-shirt. :lol:
    4. Is it okay to just use conditioner and gel? Because I'm thinking since my hair is short, I don't need to use leave-in, but might when it grows out more.
    Yep, that is fine.
    5. Oh and I have dandruff and none of the anti-dandruff shampoo's worked for me. So I read online that vinegar helps and it does. Will it still be safe to use on my hair?
    Are you absolutely sure you have dandruff and not dry scalp? The two conditions mimic each other. CG should help dry scalp. I don't know anything about treating dandruff. Sorry.
    Here is one thread on dandruff vs dry scalp
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=67748
    If you search "dandruff dry scalp" you will find more threads.
    HTH
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • Pink_MelodyPink_Melody Posts: 9Registered Users
    Thanks for the help, pedaheh.

Today will be day 3, do I have to wash my hair everyday? If I don't can I still comb it, while in the shower?

And what do I do when like I am just running out to do some errands, and don't have time to take a morning shower, I know I could take it at night. But most of the time I don't find out about going out till a friend calls that morning. Or what about when I crash at a friends house? How can I comb/do my hair when I don't take a shower?
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Today will be day 3, do I have to wash my hair everyday?
    Nope.
    If I don't can I still comb it, while in the shower?
    If you don't do your regular cowash routine, you may want to water wash. To water wash, you scrub your scalp with the pads of you fingers. It is like a cowash with no conditioner. Then you use your rinse out. Water washing adds less moisture then cowashing. This is good if your hair is seeming greasy.
    If you just want to rinse your hair with water and not bother with anything else, comb with the leave-in conditioner in your hair.
    Another second day hair option is to spray it with a spray bottle.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file